Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How to eat left handed in Middle East

How to eat left handed in Middle East

Old Feb 22nd 2014, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: How to eat left handed in Middle East

Originally Posted by redShark
If people are happy with what they believe in, I don’t see why I need to disturb them!!
That's literally all you do. You're beyond me. You're an idiot, nothing more.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Alexa
Karma for that...and is your sister a pain now?
She's gone, she was awesome. Best we have ever got on, thanks!
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
She's gone, she was awesome. Best we have ever got on, thanks!
Good to hear! Glad all went well for all.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
That's literally all you do. You're beyond me. You're an idiot, nothing more.
You are obviously taking advantage of the freedom to be abusive and say what you wish on this forum. But in return, I’ve rather decided to do you something good and offer you a valuable advice, given your young age and your lack of experience and noticeably education.

You see, I’d be worried if I was your dad because that attitude of yours of ‘winning by being abusive’ can get you into real troubles in the Arab countries. I once read a statistic about which country/nation has the worst swear words in the world. Not surprising the Arabs came first on the list, because Arabic swear words were found to be very graphical and nasty indeed, basically every sexual perversion you can think of has actually been documented by the Arabs in a swear word or a phrase. Therefore my advice to you is this, if you ever get into a brawl with an Arab on the street, for haven sake just don’t even think about trading swear words with him, because your English swear words are just peanuts compared to his, you will look like an utter idiot and will make a complete fool of yourself if you do otherwise. Trust me the best thing to do is just turn around and walk away!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

You are obviously taking advantage of the freedom to be abusive and say what you wish on this forum. But in return, I’ve rather decided to do you something good and offer you a valuable advice, given your young age and your lack of experience and noticeably education.

You see, I’d be worried if I was your dad because that attitude of yours of ‘winning by being abusive’ can get you into real troubles in the Arab countries. I once read a statistic about which country/nation has the worst swear words in the world. Not surprising the Arabs came first on the list, because Arabic swear words were found to be very graphical and nasty indeed, basically every sexual perversion you can think of has actually been documented by the Arabs in a swear word or a phrase. Therefore my advice to you is this, if you ever get into a brawl with an Arab on the street, for haven sake just don’t even think about trading swear words with him, because your English swear words are just peanuts compared to his, you will look like an utter idiot and will make a complete fool of yourself if you do otherwise. Trust me the best thing to do is just turn around and walk away!!!
Sanctimonoius *****. The day you join realism, I might listen to you. Meanwhile. insults begat insults...
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 1:52 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Manbags at dawn, Scamp, be prepared.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 3:08 am
Account Closed

Sssshhhhhhh.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 3:17 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

And with those words it becomes ever more clear that you have never been to the Middle East.
Even a raised voice seems to have most cowering and the use of any swear words usually results in tears and and immediate call to the police for help
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
And with those words it becomes ever more clear that you have never been to the Middle East.
Even a raised voice seems to have most cowering and the use of any swear words usually results in tears and and immediate call to the police for help
True. In Bahrain I once got followed for a couple of miles by a local in a car after a frank exchange of views when he came round a corner on the wrong side of the road and nearly killed both of us. When I got out of the car to ask him what he was doing following me it was all change and he couldn't get out of there fast enough. In my experience, they don't want to back it up....
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 5:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by shiva
I once gave an Arab a slow clap and cheering when he came back to his car which was parked, locked, blocking the exit from our building. He came storming over all barry big spuds shouting whole wonderful phrases of doom, demanding to know where my car was, why was I telling him off, who am I to tell him what to do.

I curtly pointed out (in as few words) that he was a ****ing idiot blocking the only way out of the car park, that a 'road' isn't a parking space and that my car was parked in a ****ing space.

At which point he offered me a free haircut at his salon at the bottom of the building.

Wanker. Still, he apologised so shouldn't moan too much.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
True. In Bahrain I once got followed for a couple of miles by a local in a car after a frank exchange of views when he came round a corner on the wrong side of the road and nearly killed both of us. When I got out of the car to ask him what he was doing following me it was all change and he couldn't get out of there fast enough. In my experience, they don't want to back it up....
I actually need to elaborate a bit more on my previous post because I wrote it last night while I was in a hurry. In that particular survey I was talking about they found that the worst of the Arab swear words are actually the ones from Iraq, so your experiences in the Gulf is not a good example, I am afraid. Therefore, apart from the British soldiers who served in Iraq, I’d have thought no other British person knows what the real Arab swear words are. Surprisingly enough, many of those swear phrases have religious theme in them and they’d normally start with this clause, “cursed be how you blah blah blah..and all the rest of the insult”.

Now speaking of the Gulf Arabs, before the discovery of oil in that region those folks used to be the laughing stock of the rest of the Arab world, particularly to the Iraqis who had this habit of giving nick names to other people. An old Iraqi man once told me how they used to make jokes on how ugly Kuwaiti women looked like, and how stupid their men were etc. If you guys can take a joke I’d have told you what nick name the deceased leader of Iraq Saddam Hussain gave to the English.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually need to elaborate a bit more on my previous post because I wrote it last night while I was in a hurry. In that particular survey I was talking about they found that the worst of the Arab swear words are actually the ones from Iraq, so your experiences in the Gulf is not a good example, I am afraid. Therefore, apart from the British soldiers who served in Iraq, I’d have thought no other British person knows what the real Arab swear words are. Surprisingly enough, many of those swear phrases have religious theme in them and they’d normally start with this clause, “cursed be how you blah blah blah..and all the rest of the insult”.

Now speaking of the Gulf Arabs, before the discovery of oil in that region those folks used to be the laughing stock of the rest of the Arab world, particularly to the Iraqis who had this habit of giving nick names to other people. An old Iraqi man once told me how they used to make jokes on how ugly Kuwaiti women looked like, and how stupid their men were etc. If you guys can take a joke I’d have told you what nick name the deceased leader of Iraq Saddam Hussain gave to the English.
may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 11:25 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I’d have thought no other British person knows what the real Arab swear words are.
Airi Fe Sabahak
Kos okht ile nafadak
Zobree akbar minak
Air il'e yeba'atak
Nikomak
Elif air ab dinikh
Ebn el metnakah
Inta sharmoot
In'a'al mayteen ehlak
Bit tifi wela bit tibla'ee?
Inti mafish Mukh
Badi lahsak manbat sha'er baidi
Alaan abok labo abook, yabn al gahba okho el gahba, yal manyoch kess ommek o ommen yabetek!
Add ma emmak neketo la bayyak men tizo, hebil fik men bayadto.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Redshark,

I don't see having more swear words or more offensive swear words as a good thing to be honest- we're better than you as we have a million ways of saying you're an arsehole- that implies to me that you have to say it more often so you have found more ways of saying it, which implies you do in fact have more arseholes than non Arabic countries. If you need bigger insults does that also imply that the person being sworn at is in fact a bigger arsehole than we have ever experienced coming from a non arabic country and in fact Arabs are the biggest arseholes?
Old Feb 25th 2014, 8:26 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Those two quotes speak volumes.

The first indicates your lack of awareness of history, politics and international trade. Only British soldiers understand Arabic swear words? Are you 8 years old?

The second indicates how you assess people (or how you believe your fellow Arabs assess people). A country's people are a laughing stock because they have no wealth, but suddenly become respected because they do? That pretty-much sums you up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.