Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How to dump your other half (asking for a friend)

How to dump your other half (asking for a friend)

Old May 28th 2018, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to dump your other half (asking for a friend)

The difference between the grizzled old male expats and the (non grizzled) women is rather remarkable!
Old May 28th 2018, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
So, my mate and his missus have pretty much ended their relationship, he drinks too much, she lies constantly. So, how does he get shot of her? She's refusing to move out, doesn't have a job (although is looking), he's even offered to pay a month's rent for her to find somewhere else.

The atmosphere at their place is toxic to say the least, not good for anyone.

My opinion is that she should take the cash, set her up for a month or so and just go (he pays the rent and the apartment is in his name), he's even offered her the cash to go home (she's a flip-flop_, but no, it's a stalemate, he's not the sort of guy to chuck someone out on the street but what can he do?

Any ideas I can pass on?
I would have her keys off her and when she did go out have the locks changed
otherwise unless she is going to leave voluntarily he is stuck. The last thing he needs is a big bust up and the Police called. He may have to put on his big boy pants on and get firm with her

Last edited by reddiva; May 28th 2018 at 10:40 am. Reason: error
Old May 28th 2018, 10:44 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I've been pretty rude about him too I think and you shouldn't turn what's said to fit an agenda or preconception though, that's not very fair. For example, I'm not saying throw her out like a piece of trash, I'm saying give her a week and then expect her to be gone (I'd say the same if it was her paying the bills and rent etc). But paying someone to leave? Isn't it basically enticing or bribing someone to bugger off that bit quicker? Unless they are desperate and need it, it seems a bit of a waste of money to pay someone to go.

OP asked for opinions, mine's just one of those. Good luck to his mate and his mate's, er, 'flip-flop'.
Old May 28th 2018, 11:20 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Remove access to any bank accounts, phone lines, credit cards, safes, internet, passwords etc.

Pack her bags, change locks, and take her to the airport himself. With a one way ticket home. If necessary, pay for shipping of any personal belongings.

if he wants to assuage guilt, then some cash to help her out when she gets back to the Philippines is kind, but cash only.
Old May 28th 2018, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Remove access to any bank accounts, phone lines, credit cards, safes, internet, passwords etc.

Pack her bags, change locks, and take her to the airport himself. With a one way ticket home. If necessary, pay for shipping of any personal belongings.

if he wants to assuage guilt, then some cash to help her out when she gets back to the Philippines is kind, but cash only.
Great answer, I think that's the honourable thing to do and that's what I said to him.
Old May 28th 2018, 11:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Give the money to an actual charity instead.
Old May 28th 2018, 2:46 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Also, Western Union any cash to the Philippines as an incentive to actually get on the plane. No one but her can get the money in Phil, and the last thing you want is for her to turn up at the door making a scene after you've got rid, having already forked out.
Old May 29th 2018, 3:48 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You should write novels.
I'm on the difficult second album. Though these kind of threads of bad human behaviour do inspire me.
Old May 29th 2018, 6:47 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
I'm on the difficult second album. Though these kind of threads of bad human behaviour do inspire me.
I look forward to it :-). On my bucket list is a film script, might take a course for that.
Old May 30th 2018, 9:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I do hope that you will let us know what your mate does Iknownothing and the subsequent results of it
Old Jun 4th 2018, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

So what did you, I mean he, do?
Old Jun 4th 2018, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

He gave her another chance.

So we'll see how it works out for them.
Old Jun 4th 2018, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like he succumbed to her charms (and probable tears, wailing and beating of bare bossoms !) - i guess he will have to re-cross this bridge in 2 months later
Old Jun 4th 2018, 10:31 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Another chance to tolerate him being a borderline alcoholic? Lucky woman
Old Jun 4th 2018, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Another chance to tolerate him being a borderline alcoholic? Lucky woman
love is blind all the time there is food in the refi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.