Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How do you know when to leave Dubai?

How do you know when to leave Dubai?

Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:48 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you know when to leave Dubai?

You guys are sick!!

I love the korean BBQ's, especially when you get to put on a white glove.

Very michael Jackson.

And my Korean pals took me to this restaurant in Okpo, didn't know the name as it was in fancy squiggles. About 5 of us had one massive bowl of soup with some part of an animal in the middle.

It was fab, especially washed down with sojo

Not the place I want to take my wife and daughter though. Singapore or Houston
Old Nov 16th 2010, 5:56 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you know when to leave Dubai?

In response to the opening question, There probably isn't one simple answer to fit all - pick any of the following (or even add your own)

1. You get homesick to the point it makes you sick and/or clinically depressed
2. You bucket of money spilleth over plentifully and it is only soulless greed which is keeping you here
3. You decide you want to live somewhere more spiritually fulfilling
4. A significant/close relative or friend becomes seriously sick and you realise that spending time with them is more important
5. You get bored with doing the same ol' same ol' week in, week out (and you want to move some where that has a different same 'ol same 'ol)
6. You get a job elsewhere which pays much more money and means you can retire even earlier than you had intended
7. You get made redundant
8. You get deported
9. You stupidly build up so much debt that the only answer is to do a runner (btw I don't advocate this or have sympathy with this one in most cases)
10. You realise your vocation in life is to become a Nun/Monk
11. All of 1 - 10