British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   How do you get your tea/coffee/beverages at work? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/how-do-you-get-your-tea-coffee-beverages-work-679864/)

weescot Aug 5th 2010 9:48 am

How do you get your tea/coffee/beverages at work?

Ok - those of us in the UAE know some things are done very differently - for many this includes how we get our tea/coffee at the workplace. So I am just wondering - how do you quench your thirst at work during the 11m a year most of us can have a coffee/tea at work?

Millhouse Aug 5th 2010 9:58 am

Re: How do you get your tea/coffee/beverages at work?

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 8754537)
Ok - those of us in the UAE know some things are done very differently - for many this includes how we get our tea/coffee at the workplace. So I am just wondering - how do you quench your thirst at work during the 11m a year most of us can have a coffee/tea at work?

I open my mouth and pour it in.

The office boy used to make me my tea (after I trained him) but sadly, due to the financial crisis and subsequent liquidity issues in the emirates we no longer buy real milk in the office. I have to get my own (when I can be arsed) and make the tea myself.

I'm currently drinking tea made with some stolen milk. almost tastes sweet.

Grace O Malley Aug 5th 2010 9:59 am

EM has his tea via an IV

commander Aug 5th 2010 10:02 am

make my own. But i only really have one in the morning. I tend to drink water all day and isotonic drinks at this time of year

Grace O Malley Aug 5th 2010 10:02 am

At my office I make my own cos no one ever seems to make a proper cup of tea.

I hate those coffee machines that a lot of companies are using here now, the taste is awful, like a cup of syrup

Ethos83 Aug 5th 2010 10:03 am

We do have office boys. But I never drink office tea or coffee.

Water only.

but I miss the trips to the water coolers in my old office. A good way of getting exercise not to mention gossip.

weescot Aug 5th 2010 10:09 am

We ahve tea boys who automoatically bring me a green tea first thing in the mornings and water the rest of the time. I agree about having an incentive to get up - and miss a water cooler.

However, as of 15 mins ago I just need to press a button when I want something - I am so astonished. I feel like an Admiral or something out of Upstairs Downstairs ...

Millhouse Aug 5th 2010 10:48 am

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 8754578)
However, as of 15 mins ago I just need to press a button when I want something - I am so astonished. I feel like an Admiral or something out of Upstairs Downstairs ...

I would love that. The fund I would have with such a button. The novelty would never wear off

commander Aug 5th 2010 10:56 am

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 8754578)
We ahve tea boys who automoatically bring me a green tea first thing in the mornings and water the rest of the time. I agree about having an incentive to get up - and miss a water cooler.

magic.

*press*.....footmassage please

littlejimmy Aug 5th 2010 10:57 am

I squeeze my left moob and coffee comes out, my right and tea comes out.

Welivehere Aug 5th 2010 11:58 am

We have office / tea boy. Well actually there are about 25 of them.....

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8754553)
to the financial crisis and subsequent liquidity issues

To address this here the good folk that own the co I am assigned to right now sacked the cleaning co and the office boys now do it at the end of the day. So 8am - 18:00 office boy, 18:00 - 21:00 office cleaner. :rolleyes:

The only possible positive I came up with out of this is at least he can put multi tasking on his CV.....

Jim Smith Aug 5th 2010 1:18 pm

I have a number of cups of green tea brought by the Pakistani tea boy! Have had green tea for the last 32 years as find Asian tea boys can only make tea with evaporated milk which I hate except on fresh fruit!!!

kittycat1 Aug 5th 2010 6:40 pm

I get off my arse and go the the kithenette and make it myself, there is a tea boy but he only makes tea or coffee for people with their own office even though my job spec is the same level as some of them! huff!

Spugsy Aug 5th 2010 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8754560)
make my own. But i only really have one in the morning. I tend to drink water all day and isotonic drinks at this time of year

what sort of isotonic drinks then? I used to have pecori sweat after footy but someone told me recently it was pretty bad for you.

Spugsy Aug 5th 2010 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8755679)
I get off my arse and go the the kithenette and make it myself, there is a tea boy but he only makes tea or coffee for people with their own office even though my job spec is the same level as some of them! huff!

I hate people who get the tea boy to make their tea.