British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   How do you deal with queue jumpers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/how-do-you-deal-queue-jumpers-570745/)

Squirty Cream Nov 2nd 2008 5:10 pm

How do you deal with queue jumpers

In the queue at the checkout in Carrefour yesterday which was halfway round the supermarket, when some old biddy decided she'd try and push in..... Bad move, I was shopping for supplies to keep the disaffected youth of Abu Dhabi in provisions and Tattoo girl and I had a couple of trolleys between us.

So, baguette blanket woman tried to push in as 'you have too much and I only have 30-odd items,' she said. Oh dear! First she was told her fortune by Tattoo Girl, but she still tried to angle her way in. So I had no option but to tell her to sod off to the back of the queue behind the 15 other people behind us. She then mouthed off in Arabic. I impressed myself at my knowledge of Arabic at this point. She then tried to push in behind me and was told by the Emiratis behind me to get lost. By this time security was hovering and we sort of all became a side show.

Did she get the message - hell as like.......

Unpeturbed she kept trying to push in and everyone told her to get lost. What a bag - I hate queue jumpers and would have liked to either ram one of her baguettes down her throat or smother her in one of her blankets.

Anyone have any good techniques for handling such people?

Hello.Kitty Nov 2nd 2008 6:14 pm

Re: How do you deal with queue jumpers

yup - wrestle them to the ground and push them into the cubby hole where the baskets go. Stay down, beeatch!
:thumbup:

GB2180 Nov 2nd 2008 6:21 pm

I always used the back of the line Muppet...
Worked well in the far east..It also helps being built like a brick $%^& door when you tell them...

Confucius Nov 2nd 2008 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream (Post 6933276)
In the queue at the checkout in Carrefour yesterday which was halfway round the supermarket, when some old biddy decided she'd try and push in..... Bad move, I was shopping for supplies to keep the disaffected youth of Abu Dhabi in provisions and Tattoo girl and I had a couple of trolleys between us.

So, baguette blanket woman tried to push in as 'you have too much and I only have 30-odd items,' she said. Oh dear! First she was told her fortune by Tattoo Girl, but she still tried to angle her way in. So I had no option but to tell her to sod off to the back of the queue behind the 15 other people behind us. She then mouthed off in Arabic. I impressed myself at my knowledge of Arabic at this point. She then tried to push in behind me and was told by the Emiratis behind me to get lost. By this time security was hovering and we sort of all became a side show.

Unpeturbed she kept trying to push in and everyone told her to get lost. What a bag - I hate queue jumpers and would have liked to either ram one of her baguettes down her throat or smother her in one of her blankets.

Who you callin' "such people"??? Huh???

Confucius Nov 2nd 2008 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by GB2180 (Post 6933352)
I always used the back of the line Muppet...
Worked well in the far east..It also helps being built like a brick $%^& door when you tell them...

You can find small trolleys at Carrefour to lug your brick door around with you...

UKCityGent Nov 2nd 2008 7:03 pm

Smile,
Let them in front of you,
and then just before the till - you push in front of them !

The Dean Nov 2nd 2008 8:52 pm

First she was told her fortune by Tattoo Girl

:D - I can imagine...........

commander Nov 3rd 2008 2:36 am

set fire to them......they then rapidly vacate the queue.

Blue Cat Nov 3rd 2008 3:13 am

stop using Carrefour :)

Spugsy Nov 3rd 2008 4:01 am

same thing happens in taxi queues as well, just try being quite loud and stern and saying 'I think you'll find the back of teh que is THAT WAY' pointing at the back, loud enough for all to hear and then just fixing them with a stare.

I have to stay when I came over I heard loads of stories of Emirates pushing in wherever they were etc and I've not seen it once, in fact quite often they hold open doors or let you get past them first.

Hello.Kitty Nov 3rd 2008 4:49 am

I also use the buggy as an offensive weapon (yes, sometimes there's a nasty smell too!) if people don't get out of the way fast enough... or are just in the way... or get in the way for whatever reason.

I'm (kind of) ashamed to admit I ran over a teenager's foot the other day because he hadn't understood the concept of "if a woman with a buggy has to open the door to get out, she WILL NOT let anyone waiting gormlessly on the other side through until she has completed the action"... it's not pain, it's a life lesson.

Eva Nov 3rd 2008 4:55 am

Bash her on the back of the head with a 5kilo frozen turkey,then reverse your trolley back and fro over the m.f rude person,enfin stiletto-ing her with your lovely new shoes Squirty as you step over and ahead of her.

TGFKASE Nov 3rd 2008 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 6934547)
Bash her on the back of the head with a 5kilo frozen turkey,then reverse your trolley back and fro over the m.f rude person,enfin stiletto-ing her with your lovely new shoes Squirty as you step over and ahead of her.

Remind me NEVER to attempt a push in on Eva......

Spugsy Nov 3rd 2008 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 6934535)
I also use the buggy as an offensive weapon (yes, sometimes there's a nasty smell too!) if people don't get out of the way fast enough... or are just in the way... or get in the way for whatever reason.

I'm (kind of) ashamed to admit I ran over a teenager's foot the other day because he hadn't understood the concept of "if a woman with a buggy has to open the door to get out, she WILL NOT let anyone waiting gormlessly on the other side through until she has completed the action"... it's not pain, it's a life lesson.

ah but people don't do manners like us, open doors, say thank you or even smile if you let them through with your trolley etc, miserable twats.

TGFKASE Nov 3rd 2008 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6934578)
ah but people don't do manners like us, open doors, say thank you or even smile if you let them through with your trolley etc, miserable twats.

Have to say, my pet hate is lift doors.... How do these people think they can get in before you have left the damn lift!!!!!