British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   How do I (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/how-do-i-636077/)

rowell Oct 16th 2009 4:15 pm

How do I

How do I get rid of a 3 piece suite, are there any charity organisations that may want to sell it? I have a new one coming on Thursday but aint got a clue how to get shot of the old one. BC any charity shops you know may want it?
Thanks

busybee2 Oct 16th 2009 4:16 pm

Re: How do I

if you can leave it outside by the bin they usually either get taken away by the bin men, they will send a different truck or it "walks". or if you are in an apartment ask the watchman he will know how.

busybee2 Oct 16th 2009 4:17 pm

or you get the delivery guys to take the old one away

rowell Oct 16th 2009 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8021811)
or you get the delivery guys to take the old one away

Will give it a go, thanks

NorthernLad Oct 17th 2009 9:45 am

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 8021802)
How do I get rid of a 3 piece suite, are there any charity organisations that may want to sell it? I have a new one coming on Thursday but aint got a clue how to get shot of the old one. BC any charity shops you know may want it?
Thanks

Try these guys:

www.takemyjunkuae.com.

rowell Oct 17th 2009 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 8023581)
Try these guys:

www.takemyjunkuae.com.

That sounds ideal and hopefully someone will also get some benefit out of it, thanks NL

Jim Smith Oct 18th 2009 4:11 am

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 8021802)
Thanks

Just put it outside by the rubbish bin, it will be gone within minutes. Thats what happens in the Gardens at least!

Spugsy Oct 18th 2009 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jim Smith (Post 8025034)
Just put it outside by the rubbish bin, it will be gone within minutes. Thats what happens in the Gardens at least!

yup same with me, it was gone in a matter of hours.

lionheart Oct 18th 2009 12:40 pm

Personally, if it has any value, I would advertise it on souq.com as its a free service. Alternatively, if you put a photo on here, somebody might want to take it off your hands. I know a couple looking to fill a room.

rowell Oct 20th 2009 8:15 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8025652)
Personally, if it has any value, I would advertise it on souq.com as its a free service. Alternatively, if you put a photo on here, somebody might want to take it off your hands. I know a couple looking to fill a room.

Can't be bothered to sell it and have people bantering, would rather give it to someone who wanted it, its really too good for the skip, not got a photo but its brown with leather upholstery and fabric cushions, bought from MOE 18 months ago for 5k, it will be available till Thursday then the new suite gets delivered.

NorthernLad Oct 20th 2009 8:21 am

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 8029934)
Can't be bothered to sell it and have people bantering, would rather give it to someone who wanted it, its really too good for the skip, not got a photo but its brown with leather upholstery and fabric cushions, bought from MOE 18 months ago for 5k, it will be available till Thursday then the new suite gets delivered.

Did you try www.takemyjunkuae.com ?

People at work used them and said they were good. They were also on Sky news a few month ago, takes the items to labour camps (at least he did in that report).

rowell Oct 20th 2009 9:52 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 8029951)
Did you try www.takemyjunkuae.com ?

People at work used them and said they were good. They were also on Sky news a few month ago, takes the items to labour camps (at least he did in that report).

Tried several times at different tiimes of the day with their tel no of the web page but no answer, just tried again now. Will keep trying.