How did she get out?

Old Sep 19th 2018, 2:03 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did she get out?

She is lucky to get out with a new passport.
My son was born in Dubai and was issued his passport from the British Embassy in Dubai.
Obviously he didn't have an entry stamp, so we had to do all sorts of running around to get a stamp.
Old Sep 19th 2018, 8:11 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

I am also intrigued by this. I actually carry two legally valid british passports, only one of which carries my UAE Visa. I exit and enter on different ones all of the time so the systems are definitely linked up.

Why do I carry two? Because half the time, one is in a crap embassy getting visas issued but I still need to travel.

When i I first got the second passport, I did get stopped but then they recorded the second one on my immigration file and all was fine from then on. In fact, thinking about it, one of them has been renewed and the dual system still works.

To prove the point I’m currently in RSA and my other one is in the Indian Embassy in Dubai.

I dont use eGate, but rather the smart gate system where I scan my passport (either one) and look at the retiner scan camera thinymagig.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 4:16 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Computer systems aren't perfect and mistakes can happen. One time when my wife took the kids to Thailand, on arrival they had no record of my youngest son in the system. It was like he didn't exist.

which was bizarre, because he'd left there on the same passport.

no real problems though, and they just recorded all the info as new.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe she had Emerati passport (not that i read the DailyFail article)
Old Sep 20th 2018, 7:35 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Maybe she had Emerati passport (not that i read the DailyFail article)
She's from Essex, doubtful.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

According to The National:

While it was reported in the British press that she had replaced her passport in order to leave the country before the court hearing, she submitted an application to the prosecutor handling her case at the Bur Dubai police station on March 6 this year requesting her passport so she could renew her residency visa.

The application was approved and she received her passport in return for a Dh2,000 deposit as a guarantee. The sum of the deposit was equal to the punishment prosecutors had expected her to receive as a first-time offender in a misdemeanour case — a Dh2,000 fine.

“I would assume that the prosecutor who approved her application at that time considered the charge to be a misdemeanour, because a report confirming the victim suffered any permanent disabilities — which changes the charge into a felony — had not yet been issued,” an official at Dubai prosecution said.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gavtek
According to The National:
The whole article is interesting:

https://www.thenational.ae/uae/court...e-uae-1.771934

"During the trial, the court heard that a group had approached the Swedish man as he slept at a brunch and had taken a picture of him as one of the women posed beside him. He was woken by a slap to the face by one of the group and found they were surrounding him and laughing, the court was told. He then followed the group outside the building and threatened to call police. “One of the men spoke to me in a tone as if I was at fault, then tried to hit me, so I pushed him," the man testified. "One of the women pulled me away, asking me why had I assaulted her son.” The victim said he was scratched by both women, with one of them snatching his glasses, before he was struck on the nose by one of the group, causing him to fall down. He then claimed all of the assailants then kicked him while he was lying face down on the ground. It was not clear from court documents exactly what role Ms Hutchinson played in the incident."

Aren't there CCTV cameras everywhere at DIFC?
Old Sep 25th 2018, 12:22 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I'm jealous of you. My UAE e-gate never worked with my fingerprints and I always had to go to the man in the desk.

Then when I moved to Qatar and got an e-gate, guess what? They can't register me for e-gate because the machine can't read my fingerprints. Eh? Immigration says there's nothing wrong with my passport, there's no hold or block on me, I have multiple exit visa and all that, but the scanning machine still refuses to read my fingerprints.

Dunno why. One of the mysteries of life.
i have the same. I asked an immigration guy once and he explained that women have softer prints and it’s quite common that low resolution scanners struggle. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Old Sep 25th 2018, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine

i have the same. I asked an immigration guy once and he explained that women have softer prints and it’s quite common that low resolution scanners struggle. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I'd ask if you use fairy liquid to keep your hands so soft but I'm not sure you're the washing up type.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe she paid the immigration official beforehand (highly unlikely and way too dangerous).

Or maybe the Public Prosecution, when she gave the 2,000 bond, released her previous passport so it didn't include a travel ban (a lot easier to do). She (and you) can easily find out if you have a case against you and/or a travel ban you know.

Last edited by IKnowNothing; Sep 27th 2018 at 2:12 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 2:08 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
She is lucky to get out with a new passport.
My son was born in Dubai and was issued his passport from the British Embassy in Dubai.
Obviously he didn't have an entry stamp, so we had to do all sorts of running around to get a stamp.
Dont really see why there was an issue...

You receive the passport for your kid, apply for the visa, visa issued and they stamp it then and there....\
Old Sep 30th 2018, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Two children born here and we no issues with visas. Our son had to fly at 9 days on emergency passport for medical treatment and it was still straight forward. Then got passport issued in London, flew back and added visa.

My maid had an interesting one 8 years ago. We flew out with her and the guy at immigration didn't stamp her passport by accident.

We had some questioning in Belgium and Austria at the airports there but more quizzical than anything. No-one told us that she had no stamp.

When we got back immigration gave us a hard time and then told us why. We argued the toss, got through and then status quo resumed.