British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   How crappy would an airline have to be...? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/how-crappy-would-airline-have-677028/)

seven seas Jul 17th 2010 8:34 am

How crappy would an airline have to be...?

... for you to avoid it?

An airline that can't even get its own telephone number right?

Which airline is this?
a- Somalian Airlines
b- Assspider Smegcrumb Airways
c- Qantas

kittycat1 Jul 18th 2010 5:51 pm

Re: How crappy would an airline have to be...?

I hate easyjet- crappyjet more like and I refuse Air France as their planes always look like they are falling apart.

Also I refuse to travel out of Gatwick- chav city, they should put something into the aircon their that sterilizes travelers so they can't reproduce!

lionheart Jul 19th 2010 4:36 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8710599)
I hate easyjet- crappyjet more like and I refuse Air France as their planes always look like they are falling apart. Also I refuse to travel out of Gatwick- chav city, they should put something into the aircon their that sterilizes travelers so they can't reproduce!

My guess is that it was a rhetorical question and that the OP is simply annoyed that Qantas may have got their telephone number wrong. That's quite common over here so hardly a reason for not using them. Incidentally, we recently flew with Air Arabia out of Sharjah and had no complaints so why you refuse to use Gatwick seems rather odd. Many airports are much worse.

flares Jul 19th 2010 5:03 am

Nas Air is great :thumbup:

Bahtatboy Jul 19th 2010 9:41 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8711419)
My guess is that it was a rhetorical question and that the OP is simply annoyed that Qantas may have got their telephone number wrong. That's quite common over here so hardly a reason for not using them. Incidentally, we recently flew with Air Arabia out of Sharjah and had no complaints so why you refuse to use Gatwick seems rather odd. Many airports are much worse.

Corleone, please nip back home and get your sense of humour, unless you did actually bring it but ate it with your sandwiches.

seven seas Jul 19th 2010 12:39 pm

Yeah it was a rhetorical question.
If an airline has the wrong number on its website, and their computer system is down, it kinda makes you think twice right?

Easyjet etc can't be all that bad as long as you're not flying to somewhere chavvy... Do they fly to Zurich? Paris? Italy?

Gatwick isn't chavvy- it's the passengers who are 90% chavvy. Compared to Heathrow which has the same passengers but is dirty and falling apart....

Ronnie Biggs Jul 19th 2010 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8710599)
I hate easyjet- crappyjet more like and I refuse Air France as their planes always look like they are falling apart.

Also I refuse to travel out of Gatwick- chav city, they should put something into the aircon their that sterilizes travelers so they can't reproduce!

All about opinions but I find Gatwick to be one of the better UK airports. I dread landing at Heathrow whereas Gatwick always seems to be smooth sailing. Chavs are everywhere anyway.....