How Can We Help?

Old Mar 14th 2011, 6:59 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How Can We Help?

Where are the donation hot-lines we normally see whenever a major disaster has occurred in the past? The Japan tsunami is going to be the worst natural event any of us will experience in our life time and it's not over yet. How can we help and what (if anything) are the oil-rich Arab states doing to assist?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Can We Help?

Noidea about what countries are doing but personal donantions can be made through the red cross http://www.redcross.org.uk/Donate-No...Tsunami-Appeal
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:16 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
what (if anything) are the oil-rich Arab states doing to assist?
thinking of putting up prices again to make a few extra bucks?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

In fairness Japan doesn't need money. It needs logistical support. "Oil rich Arab states" have money but no capacity for support.

The case is different from say, the 2004 Tsunami where 250,000 people died, and money and logistical support was needed.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:37 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Noidea about what countries are doing but personal donantions can be made through the red cross http://www.redcross.org.uk/Donate-No...Tsunami-Appeal
Thanks. Donation made.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:50 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

please give your money to these guys.

http://www.shelterbox.org/

http://www.shelterbox.org/about.php?page=9

outstanding project i have no affiliation with but makes perfect sense especially for areas that have been devastated
Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:05 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. Donation made.
how much did you donate?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Weasel That is sooo rude! Surely giving anything is worth a bit of credit!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Weasel That is sooo rude! Surely giving anything is worth a bit of credit!
Well if you are going to start a thread about how to donate and how you have donated be prepared to be asked questions like this.

In my opinion the best donations are anonymous, its not like people don't know the red cross exist, or be unable to find their website easily.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:23 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Given that he's flying his wife and family home on Azz airways, the donation is probably in the vicinity of a quid or two, plus he's probably deducting the cost of the internet time as a fraction of his monthly Du bill required to make the donation.

Originally Posted by weasel central
Well if you are going to start a thread about how to donate and how you have donated be prepared to be asked questions like this.

In my opinion the best donations are anonymous, its not like people don't know the red cross exist, or be unable to find their website easily.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

boo at you two- who cares if you sing it from the roof tops, its the giving that counts in my book!

if everyone gave quid or two that would soon add up so for once I say leave him be! I'm sure there are plenty of people who won't even put their hands in their pockets
Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:36 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Given that he's flying his wife and family home on Azz airways, the donation is probably in the vicinity of a quid or two, plus he's probably deducting the cost of the internet time as a fraction of his monthly Du bill required to make the donation.
hahaha classic and most likely accurate. He will claim tax relief also.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:05 am
Account Closed

Personally I don't believe in charity unless I can put it directly in the hand of the victim/sufferer of the tragedy.
The charity business has become a industry, too much administration and overheads. While its not possible to personally deliver this to Japan, if the idea is to help someone then help the case close to you.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:26 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

How can we help and what (if anything) are the oil-rich Arab states doing to assist?
They'll give some money to help build more mosques I think.

N.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:31 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central
Personally I don't believe in charity unless I can put it directly in the hand of the victim/sufferer of the tragedy.
The charity business has become a industry, too much administration and overheads. While its not possible to personally deliver this to Japan, if the idea is to help someone then help the case close to you.
do you want to sponsor me. its for a good cause..ill revive the thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.