I've nothing to do
9.80%
I've already dumped the 4x4 at the airport
1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

How is business?

Old Jun 13th 2016, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is business?

Originally Posted by Millhouse
It's a new one - I didn't realise they had done a big update.

Still keeping the Datsun though.
I still judge the shitty boxter name though.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 8:30 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Rents seem to have barely budged in Marina/Greens/Downtown.

Not that it matters. I've just been given the marching orders to Doha

Either I find a new job pronto or it's Dohell come August
Is Doha that bad? I've probably asked a 1,000 times.

Like give me an in depth review of Doha; the misses says i should move there for more money.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

It's hotter. It's more dusty. Walking outside in Doha is like walking into a blast furnace.

Minimal landscaping. Few green bits.

Driving is much worse.

It's more expensive. Everything from housing to food is more expensive. Quality of housing is utter crap too. You pay through the nose for something in the Pearl or you're stuck in something that looks like it belongs in Baghdad.

It's totally dry during Ramadan (I'm not a big drinker so that doesn't affect me but it tells you it's not a relaxed place).

Few recreational amenities, at least not like the UAE. No camping in Oman on the weekends. Beaches aren't as good. No extensive outdoor / sporting community to join up with.

It's a general all around shithole compared to the UAE. You only move to Doha for the money and unfortunately it looks like the money will be the same as my current package in the UAE.

I actually really like the Doha team and working with them is going to be the sole benefit of living in Doha. But even so I'm going to quietly look around at other jobs, starting tonight.

***** this man. I really didn't want this to happen.

Originally Posted by iggle
Is Doha that bad? I've probably asked a 1,000 times.

Like give me an in depth review of Doha; the misses says i should move there for more money.

Last edited by DXBtoDOH; Jun 13th 2016 at 8:58 am.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 8:39 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Look on the bright site - you have a job. Imagine if you didn't have the "Qatar" to fall back on. You now have a couple of months to look for work (and still have your current job), get your CV in order and sort things out.

It's not end of the world; and it's only a 45min flight.

Last edited by iggle; Jun 13th 2016 at 8:42 am.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
It's hotter. It's more dusty. Walking outside in Doha is like walking into a blast furnace.

Minimal landscaping. Few green bits.

Driving is much worse.

It's more expensive. Everything from housing to food is more expensive. Quality of housing is utter crap too. You pay through the nose for something in the Pearl or you're stuck in something that looks like it belongs in Baghdad.

It's totally dry during Ramadan (I'm not a big drinker so that doesn't affect me but it tells you it's not a relaxed place).

Few recreational amenities, at least not like the UAE. No camping in Oman on the weekends. Beaches aren't as good. No extensive outdoor / sporting community to join up with.

It's a general all around shithole compared to the UAE. You only move to Doha for the money and unfortunately it looks like the money will be the same as my current package in the UAE.

I actually really like the Doha team and working with them is going to be the sole benefit of living in Doha. But even so I'm going to quietly look around at other jobs, starting tonight.

***** this man. I really didn't want this to happen.
You been to the Inland sea yet? Other than that there is nothing worth looking at, and certainly no Mountains or Salalah type places.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:54 am
Banned

No oil jobs in an oil-rich Kingdom - BBC News
Old Jun 14th 2016, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

No need to be concerned about Saudi, they have announced sweeping reforms that will ensure the won't be dependent on oil in a few years time. The National Transformation Plan is taking care of all their problems ......