I've nothing to do
9.80%
I've already dumped the 4x4 at the airport
1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

How is business?

Old Mar 3rd 2016, 2:58 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is business?

Originally Posted by mikewot
Uuuumnmm maybe it's just me but where does the electricity come from to power these things? In Dubai they mainly have gas powered electric generation , from the oilfields. So indirectly oil is still involved.
Something Green people tend to forget is that the electricity has to be generated to power these things, it's not done by magic.
According to the ENEC website they are hoping to cover 25% of the UAE demand with nuclear energy by 2020.

Solar is a nice idea and there is clearly enough sun, but the efficiency of the generation technology is just not good enough (yet anyway).
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 4:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Not so bizarre, really. The company's in the possesion of the facts about what led to the redundancy, and how it made the decision who to make redundant: therefore only the company can reasonably demonstrate one way or the other. It's certainly not as full-on "guilty until you prove yourself innocent" position assumed by HMRC and supported by the courts...
I guess. But does seem slightly skewed. I guess when you are involved further you'd have to come up with some evidence yourself as well though.
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 5:45 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lightandbitter
just try, for five minutes at least, to stop being a ****
I was on about the UK, not UAE. I am correct as others have stated. If a position is made redundant you can't advertise that position for a certain period.
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

just found out one of the big honcho's (brit expat) at ZADCO, who are one of our major clients (which is owned by ADNOC) was told to pack his bags, without any warning.
Old Mar 4th 2016, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
just found out one of the big honcho's (brit expat) at ZADCO, who are one of our major clients (which is owned by ADNOC) was told to pack his bags, without any warning.
Everyone loves a surprise holiday.
Old Mar 4th 2016, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Everyone loves a surprise holiday.
MILL you crack me up habibi
Old Mar 5th 2016, 4:11 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Hooah!
All aboard??
Old Mar 5th 2016, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Nigeria definitely being hit badly. Flew down on Tuesday and the flight was less than half full. Every other flight I've taken to/from lagos has been packed full.

Traffic jams in and out of Apapa (the main port area) have gone. The main terminal at Apapa is nearly empty. Previously ships would wait at least 3 days to berth.

Not going to be a good year for us.
Old Mar 5th 2016, 5:31 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Nigeria definitely being hit badly. Flew down on Tuesday and the flight was less than half full. Every other flight I've taken to/from lagos has been packed full.

Traffic jams in and out of Apapa (the main port area) have gone. The main terminal at Apapa is nearly empty. Previously ships would wait at least 3 days to berth.

Not going to be a good year for us.
Nearly all of my African customers say the same thing over and over again : There are no dollars for us to buy so we can use them and buy items from other countries. Banks, western union, Hawala system etc, all are always short on cash in Dollars. I wonder who controls the dollar cash flow to that continent and why is there a shortage there? Are the yanks keeping the reins tight there so there is no terror funding or is it something else? I genuinely would like to know the answer to that as there are quite a few customers of mine in Africa who are struggling because of a shortage of Dollars.
Old Mar 5th 2016, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

UAE dollar supply drying up amid oil price weakness, says NBAD chief executive | The National
Old Mar 6th 2016, 6:06 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Nearly all of my African customers
Aren't you the customer and buying their service for 500aed???
Old Mar 6th 2016, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
(well-seasoned guy, but a complete nightmare as a leader and manager: shame he's not reading this -- the words are too short).
I think he got a new job as my last boss.
Old Mar 6th 2016, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Nearly all of my African customers say the same thing over and over again : There are no dollars for us to buy so we can use them and buy items from other countries. Banks, western union, Hawala system etc, all are always short on cash in Dollars. I wonder who controls the dollar cash flow to that continent and why is there a shortage there? Are the yanks keeping the reins tight there so there is no terror funding or is it something else? I genuinely would like to know the answer to that as there are quite a few customers of mine in Africa who are struggling because of a shortage of Dollars.
It won't be just dollars in shortage. It will be all hard currency.

In almost all of these instances shortages are a result of either market forces or their own central banks policy. In fact it's normally a combination of both.

Uncle Sam doesn't decide who gets what. Unless you have sanctions being applied for various reasons.
Old Mar 6th 2016, 7:04 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I have on very good authority that local businesses have been given fines for telling their walkins that business is bad and that things are tough. Yes I know as bizarre as it may seem, there are 3 instances in which 2 x 5000 aed fines and 1 x 3000 fine was given to the respective business for calling a spade a spade. A 'customer' walked in and inquired about a product and then struck up a conversation with the sales person or the business owner and when he found complaints, magically transformed into an official and wrote out the fine there and then. I went out of my way to verify it and it was true. So....zip up lads and ladettes and repeat after me...all is great and we couldn't be happier

There are already certain restrictions in local media regarding the phrasing of things and for obvious reasons I am saying no more.
Old Mar 6th 2016, 8:39 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
Im intrigued, mission.. Can you let slip a little more? Which floor is he on? Initials?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.