I've nothing to do
9.80%
I've already dumped the 4x4 at the airport
1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

How is business?

Old Jan 26th 2016, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is business?

Originally Posted by mikewot
Buying price but still not a lot of sign of rental price drops.
Lucky I wasn't talking about rents then.

Falling capital prices is very interesting in my opinion. It's a sign of eroding confidence, an overvalued currency and lack of debt liquidity.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 7:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I can't understand the traffic everywhere. I really don't see large road or interchange works going on that would cause so much mess - but a mess it is. Would love to know where these people are going and what they are doing - the roads seem busy all the time.
I know, why aren't these people at work?
Old Jan 26th 2016, 7:05 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Falling capital prices is very interesting in my opinion. It's a sign of eroding confidence, an overvalued currency and lack of debt liquidity.
But apart from those minor details everything is going fine Yanni.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 7:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Lucky I wasn't talking about rents then.

Well, I just agreed a 5% pay cut on last years earnings, with a new structure and bonus scheme (yet to be confirmed) to take me to 10% over last years earning. Expect, say, 50% of the bonus, I should end with a 2.5% rise.

It's boom time.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Well, I just agreed a 5% pay cut on last years earnings, with a new structure and bonus scheme (yet to be confirmed) to take me to 10% over last years earning. Expect, say, 50% of the bonus, I should end with a 2.5% rise.

It's boom time.
I got 5.99% this year... but 30th Sept 2017 (if I'm still here) - I get a whopping 30% cut in pay as I become officially local.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mikewot
But apart from those minor details everything is going fine Yanni.
... exactly - that's why the local banks are accelerating loans - everyone is doing so well.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 8:35 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I got 5.99% this year... but 30th Sept 2017 (if I'm still here) - I get a whopping 30% cut in pay as I become officially local.
You have to wear a Khandura to work?
Old Jan 26th 2016, 8:45 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

And the perks of becoming officially local? Two-tier beard? Bintly? Discount card at SandalsRUs?
Old Jan 26th 2016, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
And the perks of becoming officially local? Two-tier beard? Bintly? Discount card at SandalsRUs?
just the pay cut from what I can see.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 10:53 am
Account Closed

Wankers.

I just managed to get the new pay backdated to start of this month, which is a minor victory.

I'm also campaigning for a bit of bonus I reckon they owe me that they've been non-committal about, which on a month's salary is worth about another 30%.

This month could go from being a do-I-have-a-job scary time to a nice little pay day.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

Etihad Rail have just suspended the tendering process for stage two of the project.

Maybe explains the terminations last week...
Old Jan 26th 2016, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flood2
Etihad Rail have just suspended the tendering process for stage two of the project.

Maybe explains the terminations last week...
Indeed they have - according to E24

Etihad Rail suspends Stage Two tenders; all bidders informed - Emirates 24|7
Old Jan 26th 2016, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree about the traffic. It's definitely improved.

I commute from AD. There's two parts to the commute. AD corniche to the bottom of the Marina, and the Marina further into Dubai.

Last fall the AD corniche to bottom of the Marina took a solid hour and ten minutes. But now, for the last few weeks I've been averaging 1:05 daily. Five minutes isn't much but it tells me there's that much fewer cars on the road, particularly around Jebel Ali.

Within Dubai, the backup used to begin in Tecom and it would be creep and crawl the rest of the way. Now, other than a slight hiccup around MoE due to the queues for Umm Suqeim Street, it's pretty clear and fast moving as far as Al Manara.

I'm sure the completion of the bridge over the new canal is a large part of the easing of the traffic flow, but there's still fewer cars on the road.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I disagree about the traffic. It's definitely improved.

I commute from AD. There's two parts to the commute. AD corniche to the bottom of the Marina, and the Marina further into Dubai.

Last fall the AD corniche to bottom of the Marina took a solid hour and ten minutes. But now, for the last few weeks I've been averaging 1:05 daily. Five minutes isn't much but it tells me there's that much fewer cars on the road, particularly around Jebel Ali.

Within Dubai, the backup used to begin in Tecom and it would be creep and crawl the rest of the way. Now, other than a slight hiccup around MoE due to the queues for Umm Suqeim Street, it's pretty clear and fast moving as far as Al Manara.

I'm sure the completion of the bridge over the new canal is a large part of the easing of the traffic flow, but there's still fewer cars on the road.
I really wish I shared your experiences. It's totally bonkers around DIFC in the mornings and evenings now. I can't figure out what road has closed to cause this - SZR road both ways seems busy all day long here.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

Taxi driver I was talking to tonight reckons traffic is down compared to last year. He says there are less tourists about as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.