British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   How is business (2)? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/how-business-2-a-879821/)

Millhouse Jul 3rd 2016 6:42 am

How is business (2)?

New poll... as you can't revote on the old one.

iggle Jul 3rd 2016 6:51 am

Re: How is business (2)?

Project canceled just before rammerz. It had me very concerned, to the point i was thinking about legging it. But all is good now.

Due to this, i am selling my car and going back to hiring. I want stability but I don't think UAE can give me that. So i need to be able to move more quickly. I don't have kids, and i have good cash back in UK.

I am in two minds right now, move to Dubai for work and then leave UAE in 2018...then either Aus or Caribbean.

Or stay in Abu, let things end naturally here and go traveling for 6months.

Long shot, win the Lotto and make it rain in VEGAS (With sexy hot Ukrainian girls)

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 3rd 2016 7:34 am

It's a very negative poll.

I'm ****ing swamped with work.

iggle Jul 3rd 2016 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11992189)

But you are global...not just "Dubai/ UAE". So you're kind of the anomaly here

Anyway, if you get any work in North America - I am your man!

Millhouse Jul 3rd 2016 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11992189)

really? I tried to make it 50:50

It's mostly aimed at radio presenters.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 3rd 2016 8:02 am

Originally Posted by iggle (Post 11992194)
But you are global...not just "Dubai/ UAE". So you're kind of the anomaly here

Anyway, if you get any work in North America - I am your man!

I'm waiting for some positive news, then I'm sending you to Denmark.

I have a bit of work locally too.

mission Jul 3rd 2016 8:51 am

we just renewed a 3 year contract in Qatar to supply manpower for a further 300 odd consultants - so Alhumdulillaah, that has turned things around for us in the ME.

IKnowNothing Jul 3rd 2016 10:22 am

We just wish the UAE government would pay us as per the signed contract.....

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 3rd 2016 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11992214)
really? I tried to make it 50:50

It's mostly aimed at radio presenters.

Yeah maybe I read them all quite negatively. I ask the honorable gentleman to disregard my earlier comment.

Are you busy?

Leannmean Jul 10th 2016 9:38 am

business is not going well , I had a conversation with my boss this morning about the possibility of "closing down " .

We are simply not making enough money

iggle Jul 10th 2016 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Leannmean (Post 11998658)
business is not going well , I had a conversation with my boss this morning about the possibility of "closing down " .

We are simply not making enough money

You gotta put some perspective in this, what do you do?

Leannmean Jul 10th 2016 9:50 am

Originally Posted by iggle (Post 11998660)
You gotta put some perspective in this, what do you do?

event management ,
it has been bad for a while simply because there are hardly any events to be organized.

If I can land anything at this point , I'd jump ship in a nanosecond.
It would be a miracle if we can keep this boat afloat for one more year .:thumbdown:

Meow Jul 10th 2016 11:36 am

I think we are all in for some interesting times, although summer is usually a bit weird, but it is going to vary depending on sector and what exactly you do.

Apart from when on holiday last week (it was fantastic, thanks) I haven't stopped since the sodding Brexit vote, although I did seem to spend the first five days writing opinion pieces for all and sundry. That isn't going away but the weakening of Sterling isn't the only "game" in town as people seem to be overlooking a looming Italian banking crisis and possible devaluation of the Yuan.

It's that famous Chinese curse, "may you live in interesting times". :rolleyes:

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 10th 2016 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11998717)
I think we are all in for some interesting times, although summer is usually a bit weird, but it is going to vary depending on sector and what exactly you do.

Apart from when on holiday last week (it was fantastic, thanks) I haven't stopped since the sodding Brexit vote, although I did seem to spend the first five days writing opinion pieces for all and sundry. That isn't going away but the weakening of Sterling isn't the only "game" in town as people seem to be overlooking a looming Italian banking crisis and possible devaluation of the Yuan.

It's that famous Chinese curse, "may you live in interesting times". :rolleyes:

Glad you enjoyed the holiday, pictures on facebook looked awesome.
Also saw your name on a BBC article about the brexit stuff. :thumbup:

I'm double busy at the moment and half is in the UAE, half in India / Australia and a bit in the USofA and one little tiny wafer thin thing in the UK.

I'm desperately chasing my arse and don't know where to start with it all. If anyone is free and wants to help then please do.

Irishbeekeeper Jul 10th 2016 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11998733)
Glad you enjoyed the holiday, pictures on facebook looked awesome.
Also saw your name on a BBC article about the brexit stuff. :thumbup:

I'm double busy at the moment and half is in the UAE, half in India / Australia and a bit in the USofA and one little tiny wafer thin thing in the UK.

I'm desperately chasing my arse and don't know where to start with it all. If anyone is free and wants to help then please do.

Sure send me a few CVs, I like a good laugh now and then :D

btw I might have an american doctor and a brit hotelier looking for a job in UAE soon for you as well

Work was very slow this last month as expected and 1 person dealing big time in Toners and Cartridges since the past 25 years ran away with a lot of peoples money, its the old ones that usually know the trick of the trade and are sick of it all that run away

this month is picking up a bit from Africa definitely
I want to go on an Africa trip, first to Malawai, then Uganda, then Kenya and then Siera Leone to meet all of my customers there and make new customers and then just sit in my hotel room at nights and not do anything at all when im free.......honest....what?