Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Housewife Takes Washing Machine Repair Man Hostage

Housewife Takes Washing Machine Repair Man Hostage

Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:57 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Housewife Takes Washing Machine Repair Man Hostage

A woman became so sick of her constantly malfunctioning washing machine that she took drastic action and held the repair man hostage.

Tracey Fox, 42, of Thornley, County Durham, bought her washing machine 10 months ago. She had called out an engineer to repair it on five occasions.

On January 13, her patience finally ran out. After surviving without her washing machine for three weeks, she took the law into her own hands. She barricaded herself against the door and refused to let the Currys engineer out of her home.

The engineer believed he had found the root of the problem when the extricated a two pence coin from the machine.

But when he started to pack up his equipment, Mrs Fox insisted he take a more thorough look. She told the repair man he could not leave and blocked his exit by sitting in front of her back door.

After the engineer and Mrs Fox agreed to end the stand-off by calling the police, the situation was resolved amicably. In addition, Currys have since supplied Mrs Fox with a new washing machine.
Classic
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:07 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Housewife Takes Washing Machine Repair Man Hostage

Originally Posted by Bison
Classic
Do you honestly think that we log on to British Expats Forum to read stuff like this?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:24 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

Do you honestly think that we log on to British Expats Forum to read stuff like this?
You read all my posts, so I guess the answer is YES otherwise you would see a thread by Bison and just ignore it, right?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

youre a ****in idiot
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:41 am
100% British Beef

youre a ****in idiot
I love you to...

You've all read The Sun and seen the small little useless bits of news called 'Sun Spots', just think of this as a Bison Spot
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:48 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

You read all my posts, so I guess the answer is YES otherwise you would see a thread by Bison and just ignore it, right?
I certainly do NOT read all of your threads...just those that sound vaguely interesting. In future I will try and be more selective. In all sincerity Bison isn't there a more suitable Forum elsewhere for you to mess about in?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:04 pm
100% British Beef

I certainly do NOT read all of your threads...just those that sound vaguely interesting. In future I will try and be more selective. In all sincerity Bison isn't there a more suitable Forum elsewhere for you to mess about in?
Probably
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:09 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Probably
brought a smile to my face... I also like the google ads' response: "Zanussi washing machine £0.99 on Ebay"!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Classic
Can I direct you to the Lounge area ...we enjoy that sort of posting
and there are nice people there ...unlike the rudeness that pervades here ...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

Why the hell did you have to wait all this time to tell him that???
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ray

Sorry. ****in idiots need to be flushed out promptly though.