British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Hotel Customer Service here - grrrrrr (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/hotel-customer-service-here-grrrrrr-682388/)

al dente Aug 23rd 2010 11:43 am

Hotel Customer Service here - grrrrrr

Stayed in a lovely hotel a while back but there were a few niggles, which i gently pointed out as we left. By the time i got home, there had been an email from the Assistant Front Office manager full of apologies, asking if he could redress the situation asap.

Wrote to him wanting 3 rooms in said hotel this w/e. After a catalogue of errors, i have now just recieved an offer that is 600dhs worse per room per night than i can get off the hotel's OWN WEBSITE.

Is everyone who works here (BE members excepted!) a complete and utter numptee????

Kim67 Aug 23rd 2010 12:51 pm

Re: Hotel Customer Service here - grrrrrr

I think the difference coming here is a lot of people are what we'd commonly call in Australia, b*llsh*t artists. They promise you they can do something for you, knowing that they simply can't deliver and muck you around until you finally give up on it. At home, if someone can't offer you what you require, they'll usually refer you to a friend that can. It's been one of the most frustrating elements of being in Dubai for us.

Confucius Aug 23rd 2010 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 8796523)
I think the difference coming here is a lot of people are what we'd commonly call in Australia, b*llsh*t artists. They promise you they can do something for you, knowing that they simply can't deliver and muck you around until you finally give up on it. At home, if someone can't offer you what you require, they'll usually refer you to a friend that can. It's been one of the most frustrating elements of being in Dubai for us.

The Lebanese are very good at this...I hate the Lebanese...And the Lebos...

Kim67 Aug 23rd 2010 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 8796577)
The Lebanese are very good at this...I hate the Lebanese...And the Lebos...

So you don't deliver all the promises you make? Very disappointing!

Euc- Aug 24th 2010 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 8796383)
Stayed in a lovely hotel a while back but there were a few niggles, which i gently pointed out as we left. By the time i got home, there had been an email from the Assistant Front Office manager full of apologies, asking if he could redress the situation asap.

Wrote to him wanting 3 rooms in said hotel this w/e. After a catalogue of errors, i have now just recieved an offer that is 600dhs worse per room per night than i can get off the hotel's OWN WEBSITE.

Is everyone who works here (BE members excepted!) a complete and utter numptee????

:rofl::rofl:

Working in the hotel industry I find this quite funny :thumbup:

Can you share which hotel it was?

seven seas Aug 24th 2010 12:34 pm

At least in a place like Cairo you can get good service by bribing people...

Bahtatboy Aug 24th 2010 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by seven seas (Post 8799383)
At least in a place like Cairo you can only get good service by bribing people...

Why is it that the best country in the world for service does not have tipping in its culture, and only has bribery for big things?

al dente Aug 24th 2010 2:34 pm

After writing an 'Imagine my surprise' letter copying in the boss, a much more sensible offer came back with a little scraped off the best internet rate.

Some sense finally!

I think Kim67 is spot on the the BS promises.