Hong Kong

Old Apr 4th 2018, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

kostik3000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hong Kong

Sadly HK is slowly but surely declining becoming just another random mainland Chinese city. Less and less British influence day by day. Singapore is even better now in this respect.

They should try to keep it back in 70s when China was still weak. Well this is history now.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
You won't have the pleasure of flying in/out of the old airport from those days. The runaway was so short that the planes arrived and left at 45% angles. It was scary!
Hmm, memories...the flights used to come in over the Walled City, and the Kaitak runway ran straight out into the harbour. You just hoped the brakes were working properly!
Old Apr 4th 2018, 9:44 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Was about to add my two cents then read you've already been, and you had bad dim sum. How can you have bad dim sum in Hong Kong! Tragedy.

Haven't been since we left Singapore (so over ten years) - would love another visit. My first was to stay with a friend who was living on Lamma Island; I went for the Handover in 1997. Mad time for HK. I was still living in the UK then so Lamma was a bit of a shock to my system, but I loved it. If you went out late, you had to stay out until the ferries started up in the morning. (Those benches at the ferry terminal are not good for sleeping on.)

That's my recommendation for your next trip, well apart from finding some decent dim sum. Trolley service only. Get out of the madness, take a ferry to Lamma or similar.