British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Honeymoon Ideas! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/honeymoon-ideas-605270/)

FunnyFeline Apr 24th 2009 10:54 am

Honeymoon Ideas!

To all you lovely married folks out there - where did you go on your honeymoon?

I'm getting married in August, and we will be setting off for our honeymoon from Dubai. We will only get a week for this trip (we're planning a soopa doopa 2 week trip next year, which we're saving up for). However, we are looking for ideas for a "relaxing but luxury" holiday! Basically, we want to get our Padi Diving course certs & just chill too! We'll have 7 days.

Where would you recommend in September (we are planning for the second week in September to travel)? Maldives, Seychelles...? Which travel company? :confused:

Just looking for ideas really. :wub:

Thank you to all you lovely BE'ers!! :thumbup:

benzonar Apr 24th 2009 11:23 am

Re: Honeymoon Ideas!

Well as an aside, if you want to do your Padi course then make sure you do the theory part online before you go - then take the online certificate with you. It should then only take two days to get qualified once you are there (wherever there may be).

FunnyFeline Apr 24th 2009 11:27 am

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 7510172)
Well as an aside, if you want to do your Padi course then make sure you do the theory part online before you go - then take the online certificate with you. It should then only take two days to get qualified once you are there (wherever there may be).

Cool! Thanks for this...have just checked the Padi website. Very interesting. Will look into it before we head off anywhere. :thumbup:

coffindodger Apr 24th 2009 12:56 pm

Why not try the lovely holiday island of Boracay in the Phillipines.
You can get you padi license easy.
I have a mate that has a hotel there on the island and they could easy do a deal the local (one of many ) diving shops on the island.

Blue Cat Apr 24th 2009 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by FunnyFeline (Post 7510112)

I'm getting married in August, and we will be setting off for our honeymoon from Dubai. We will only get a week for this trip (we're planning a soopa doopa 2 week trip next year, which we're saving up for). However, we are looking for ideas for a "relaxing but luxury" holiday! Basically, we want to get our Padi Diving course certs & just chill too! We'll have 7 days.

Where would you recommend in September (we are planning for the second week in September to travel)? Maldives, Seychelles...? Which travel company? :confused:

Sun Island in the Maldives, pricey but nice :)

TGFKASE Apr 24th 2009 3:14 pm

Ah, you are looking for ideas on places to go?? Sorry, misunderstood the thread title.....

seraphnina Apr 24th 2009 4:00 pm

Male in the Maldives.

Roadking Apr 24th 2009 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by seraphnina (Post 7510903)
Male in the Maldives.

Females in the Maldives...

Sorry, what's the point of this?

Alexa Apr 24th 2009 6:43 pm

Sorry can't help...had my honeymoon in Dubai.....well, I lived in Saudi at the time.....:D

Mariah_Saudi Apr 24th 2009 8:09 pm

Spent my honey moon in Sharm el Shiekh in Egypt. we stayed at the camel dive club hotel we had an awsome time.
checkout the site
http://www.cameldive.com/camel-hotel.htm

Kim67 Apr 25th 2009 3:55 am

We went to Broome, Western Australia - beautiful place. Didn't do any diving though as my nephews good friend had just been eaten by a tiger shark at the time so decided to stay out of the sea and stick to the swimming pool.

seraphnina Apr 25th 2009 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7511098)
Females in the Maldives...

Sorry, what's the point of this?

Get on your bicycle Roadking. :)

We are just helping FunnyFeline :wub:

Blue Cat Apr 25th 2009 6:13 am

Originally Posted by seraphnina (Post 7512556)
Get on your bicycle Roadking. :)

We are just helping FunnyFeline :wub:

why pick Male though? that is the capital, it is hardly a relaxing exotic island with a dive school?

still.unsure Apr 25th 2009 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 7512400)
We went to Broome, Western Australia - beautiful place. Didn't do any diving though as my nephews good friend had just been eaten by a tiger shark at the time so decided to stay out of the sea and stick to the swimming pool.

cable beach club resort - refridgerated pool and ice cold drinks! bloody marvellous...

seraphnina Apr 25th 2009 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7512569)
why pick Male though? that is the capital, it is hardly a relaxing exotic island with a dive school?

LOL because I saw it in Gulfnews and thought that would be a nice place to go.

http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles.../10296610.html