Honeymoon destinations

Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Honeymoon destinations

Vietnam....or did you say you'd been there?
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:44 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I hope that your marriage will be as happy as ours has been I think the secret is to have some 'space'. He's just spent the weekend skiing in the Alps on the Swiss/French border with some guys and in a couple of days I'm driving to England for a week or so.
If we're talking about the secrets to happy marriages/relationships, I'd like to offer 'separate bathrooms'. Or should this be a whole new thread?
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Sardinia is pretty amazing. Great food and wine and hardly any brits there at all.

The parents have been to the Maldives a couple of times and the pictures/videos/slideshows/powerpoint presentations/10 hour long acapella shows all bore the shit out of us but the place does look incredible.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
If we're talking about the secrets to happy marriages/relationships, I'd like to offer 'separate bathrooms'. Or should this be a whole new thread?
Hahhahahahahahah

I'd suggest a washing bin that isn't a drawer, so I can actually just chuck stuff in.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:50 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds awesome. It'd be fun to tell the wife to pack clothes for both cool and hot places. She would be kept guessing till the last minute.

It should be possible to organise the trip so that each stage is kept a secret till the last minute. Hmm. I like the sound of that.

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Forgot to say 'Congratulations' on your wedding. My honeymoon also was a surprise - all I knew was that I had to take clothes for a hot climate.

I only found out when we arrived at Heathrow airport - it was very busy and a BA rep came up to my new spouse and asked us if we were on the flight to Barbados. He was a bit annoyed (we must have looked like honeymooners lol) and had to say 'yes' as she directed us to the check-in desk.

After we boarded the flight he then said 'by the way we are having the second week in St. Lucia'.

Last Summer on the 4th of July it was our 25th wedding anniversary. My spouse had flown in from Zurich to join me at our house in New Jersey (I had to spend part of the year in the US as I was about to get US citizenship). He brought me breakfast in bed and an envelope. In it was the itinerary for us to sail to Southampton on the Queen Mary 2 (just 2 days later!) and he'd arranged for us to have a reconfirmation of our wedding vows with the ship's captain.

I hope that your marriage will be as happy as ours has been I think the secret is to have some 'space'. He's just spent the weekend skiing in the Alps on the Swiss/French border with some guys and in a couple of days I'm driving to England for a week or so.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:51 am
Account Closed

We live in London. Separate bathrooms in my flat ain't going to be doable. But when we make the migration to the home counties or points further westwards amen to that. I don't want to wake up to a sink cluttered with bottles and make up every day.

Originally Posted by Meow
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:52 am
Account Closed

I gave you advice about Vietnam last year.

I loved the food but otherwise have little interest in returning. She also went there some years ago and is likewise lukewarm about it. It's no Thailand.

Originally Posted by Scamp
Vietnam....or did you say you'd been there?
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:53 am
Account Closed

I thought San Diego was pretty posh?

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
After driving San Francisco to LA you had better make a hard left or you will end up in San Diego/Tijuana, which may be a more interesting choice than Vegas
Old Mar 17th 2013, 11:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ethos83
I gave you advice about Vietnam last year.

I loved the food but otherwise have little interest in returning. She also went there some years ago and is likewise lukewarm about it. It's no Thailand.
Ah of course, my mistake.

What about going around Europe? 4 cities or beach places?
Old Mar 17th 2013, 11:04 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

I thought San Diego was pretty posh?
Compared to Tijuana? Inglewood is posh.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 11:11 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Honeymoon destinations

Sounds awesome. It'd be fun to tell the wife to pack clothes for both cool and hot places. She would be kept guessing till the last minute.

It should be possible to organise the trip so that each stage is kept a secret till the last minute. Hmm. I like the sound of that.

Yes, that will be fun for sure! So Exciting!

What is an absolute *must* though is to leave a copy of your itinerary with close relatives (parents, siblings etc.) in a sealed envelope under pain of death if they so much as open it and spill the beans to your bride. Just in case of an emergency. I know you will probably have phones or access to the internet, but it will reassure them.

Oh, and don't forget to take out travel insurance lol!

How about flying into Toronto (so you don't get split up at immigration) then taking the train across the Rockies, Banff, Lake Louise and on to Vancouver and fly back from there?
Old Mar 17th 2013, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

The Philippines .

Manila makes BKK look like a one horse town . From Palawan through to Boracay then head north to luzon and hit Bagiuo / Hundred Islands / Mindoro.

It's not for the amateur traveller though , it's edgy and borders on being insane at times but that edge gives it the buzz .

It's cheap to get around as internal flights are a pittance . The Mandarin Oriental in Makati Manila is a fine hotel which to spend a few days
Old Mar 17th 2013, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Samarkand, Bokhara, Tashkent.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Iceland? or Alaska would be my vote, though the train across Canada that has that beautiful hotel in the mountains also sounds tempting.

We did the Asia route suggested upthread BKK, Chang Mai and Koh Samui and enjoyed it.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Peru and the Inca trail on horse-back (i booked a similar trip for a weeks holiday just last week !)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.