Honeymoon destinations

Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:32 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Honeymoon destinations

Howdy y'all.

Need to organise the honeymoon. The destination is meant to be a surprise. Between 14 and 17 days. We're well traveled so I'm a bit stumped as where to go. Any ideas?
Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Honeymoon destinations

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Howdy y'all.

Need to organise the honeymoon. The destination is meant to be a surprise. Between 14 and 17 days. We're well traveled so I'm a bit stumped as where to go. Any ideas?
Cornwall
New York
San Francisco
Mexico
Brazil
Iceland
Russia
India
Borneo
Maldives
Seychelles
Safari
Oz
Vietnam
Bali
Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:40 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Cornwall??????? Scamp, have you started drinking?

I do agree with Bali though.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:42 am
Account Closed

Been to all these places save the Maldives/Seychelles.

I'm not opposed to returning to a place but wouldn't mind going somewhere new. Opposed to the Maldives/Seychelles because I don't want to be stuck at one resort for two weeks. Might get bored and be forced to talk to the other half.

Originally Posted by Scamp
Cornwall
New York
San Francisco
Mexico
Brazil
Iceland
Russia
India
Borneo
Safari
Oz
Vietnam
Bali
Account Closed

Really?

Thought Bali was a dump full of Australian trash.

Originally Posted by Kix

**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

start at the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok then move up to their sister property in Chang Mai the Dhara Dhevi. An alternate in chang mai would be the Chedi. take the orient express from bangkok to chang mai.

Or instead of chang mai head down to Phuket. If going to phuket stay the hell away from phuket town and patong. the banyan tree is nice as is the royal yacht club on nai harn bay as are the anatara and amanpuri
Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:43 am
Account Closed

Hmm.

A possibility. But we're getting married in July and the plan is to go away right afterwards. Thailand in mid-summer?

Originally Posted by shiva
start at the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok then move up to their sister property in Chang Mai the Dhara Dhevi. An alternate in chang mai would be the Chedi. take the orient express from bangkok to chang mai.

Or instead of chang mai head down to Phuket. If going to phuket stay the hell away from phuket town and patong. the banyan tree is nice as is the royal yacht club on nai harn bay as are the anatara and amanpuri
Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:46 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm.

A possibility. But we're getting married in July and the plan is to go away right afterwards. Thailand in mid-summer?
there is never a bad time to stay at the oriental
Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Kix

Woah, just did a brain dump of random places.

Cornwall is massively underrated place and I'd almost consider a honeymoon or part of it there.

Depends on the individual. Ethos might not want to do 5* Maldives for 10 days of boring beach shit.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:54 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Been to all these places save the Maldives/Seychelles.

I'm not opposed to returning to a place but wouldn't mind going somewhere new. Opposed to the Maldives/Seychelles because I don't want to be stuck at one resort for two weeks. Might get bored and be forced to talk to the other half.
Have you thought about finiding out where your wife-to-be to be wants to go? If you're smart you can do that without giving anything away.

For that length of time, wouldn't it be best to split your time between two places? Or what about some kind of road trip for part of it?
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:01 am
Account Closed

We have talked about this at some length but as already said we're both very well traveled. She wants this to be a surprise for her and she wants to go to a place relatively new to her but it's not an absolute. I know she'd like a nice mix of culture and activities, so a beach for two weeks is a no-no.

I'm also a bit concerned about the logistics of it all. I don't want a major long-haul flight keeing us knackered for a full week afterwards (sorry Australia and NZ) nor a place too cold (sorry Argentina/Chile) nor a place with too much hassles (sorry India).

I'm tempted to take her somewhere in the US as it's the one place she hasn't been to outside NYC and NYC isn't representative of the US. While it's summer there it's not too bad compared to other areas. But it begs the question of where in the US to go.

Originally Posted by Meow
Have you thought about finiding out where your wife-to-be to be wants to go? If you're smart you can do that without giving anything away.

For that length of time, wouldn't it be best to split your time between two places? Or what about some kind of road trip for part of it?
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:02 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Honeymoon destinations

Alaska on a (small) cruise ship.....go kayaking amongst the whales etc.

USA - drive coast to coast on Route 66?
California - coast - driving around Monterey, beautiful Carmel/Big Sur - see the nearby forests of giant redwood trees, maybe go inland to perhaps Sequioa National Park or go north to San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley if you like wine etc.

New York City - then rent a car and go to Cape Cod or the beautiful Berkshires in Massachusetts for the famous Tanglewood festival...or drive up to Maine and feast on lobster.

Canada - take a train through the Rockies

France - Provence, the Alps, South of France

Italy - Tuscany, Rome, Venice

(Phuket not good in July due to monsoon and rough seas)
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:06 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Really?

Thought Bali was a dump full of Australian trash.
Kuta is (The Torremolinos of the Aussie), but the island is truly wonderful, especially if you get to the North West corner. It is totally idyllic.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:06 am
Account Closed

Hmm. Canada. The Canadian Rockies is on my must do list. Then maybe California? Definitely doable. Is it worthwile taking the train across Canada or better off flying due to time limits?

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Alaska on a (small) cruise ship.....go kayaking amongst the whales etc.

USA - drive coast to coast on Route 66?
California - coast - driving around Monterey, beautiful Carmel/Big Sur - see the nearby forests of giant redwood trees, maybe go inland to perhaps Sequioa National Park or go north to San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley if you like wine etc.

New York City - then rent a car and go to Cape Cod or the beautiful Berkshires in Massachusetts for the famous Tanglewood festival...or drive up to Maine and feast on lobster.

Canada - take a train through the Rockies

France - Provence, the Alps, South of France

Italy - Tuscany, Rome, Venice

(Phuket not good in July due to monsoon and rough seas)
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:10 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

We have talked about this at some length but as already said we're both very well traveled. She wants this to be a surprise for her and she wants to go to a place relatively new to her but it's not an absolute. I know she'd like a nice mix of culture and activities, so a beach for two weeks is a no-no.

I'm also a bit concerned about the logistics of it all. I don't want a major long-haul flight keeing us knackered for a full week afterwards (sorry Australia and NZ) nor a place too cold (sorry Argentina/Chile) nor a place with too much hassles (sorry India).

I'm tempted to take her somewhere in the US as it's the one place she hasn't been to outside NYC and NYC isn't representative of the US. While it's summer there it's not too bad compared to other areas. But it begs the question of where in the US to go.
Ha ha....we were posting at the same time! I actually did list NYC then to Cape Cod or further up the East Coast to Maine....however a side trip to the Berkshires in MA would be worthwhile and *very* cultural.....Tanglewood is the Summer home of the Boston Pops (Philarmonic orchestra) but there are 'big names' eg. James Taylor most years so it's not all classical music. The Norman Rockwell art gallery/museum is worth a visit. The local towns are very, very pretty indeed and there are loads of B&B's, hotels and motels (but book those asap).

http://berkshires.org/

http://www.bso.org/Performance/Listi...10&brands=6427

http://www.nrm.org/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.