Homeward bound...

Old Jan 7th 2013, 2:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homeward bound...

Originally Posted by Kix
Completely agree.

I don't mind getting a free upgrade (who doesn't), but I won't waste my Company's Money (and my budget), on paying 3x the price for a bit extra leg room.
Respect please: it's we idiots....... er, I mean those idiots whose fares make your economy flights so cheap.......... imagine a plane where every seat cost the same? It would be a lot more than economy costs, that's for sure.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 3:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Not on a plane, but my Dad and I drove a van to Crete and a mate and I drove it back.

Hired van. Dent in it in the car park for the ferry out of Souda. Made the call. World-ending-bollocking ensued.

Worst drive ever, going home to a bollocking. Ferry to Athens, drive across Greece, 24 hour ferry to Ancona, drive up Italy, left towards Lyon, up France and then a panic around Paris for which ferry / chunnel to book. Mad dash to the boat and back to bollocking.

Fortunately he was pissed when we got home, avoided the hammering.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 3:45 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Respect please: it's we idiots....... er, I mean those idiots whose fares make your economy flights so cheap.......... imagine a plane where every seat cost the same? It would be a lot more than economy costs, that's for sure.
I regularly fly 9 hours to Lagos (and other crap holes) and occasionally 15 to New York or Washington. I could not imagine doing that in the back of the plane. If my company told me to fly those routes in economy, I would book 2 days r&r at each end of the journey.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
I hope you are joking. Otherwise, you would make me feel ashamed to be British. Flying business or first class is a complete and unadulterated rip-off.
Some people viewing flying as an inconvenience at the start of their holiday. Others (including me) view flying as part of the holiday - so why not make it as enjoyable as possible?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 3:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

My uprade to Business coming back from the UK was brilliant. If I could afford to or was in a position where the company paid for it, I'd do it all the time.

But I can't and I'm not, so I don't.

Qatar and Emirates economy are fine, I'm not as tall as The Dean but I'm not a small lad and I don't struggle to fit comfortably and watch shit films.

That being said. If I had to do a 14/15/16 hour flight, I'd probably ****ing hate it by the end. Cabin fever.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:20 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

About three years ago I did ...

Dubai -> Bahrain (4hr wait) -> Addis Abbaba (3hr wait) –> Lagos (4hrs) -> Libreville

And then the same in reverse 24hrs later and all for one of the most pointless meetings I have ever attended….
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Welivehere
About three years ago I did ...

Dubai -> Bahrain (4hr wait) -> Addis Abbaba (3hr wait) –> Lagos (4hrs) -> Libreville

And then the same in reverse 24hrs later and all for one of the most pointless meetings I have ever attended….
Wow. Never heard of Libreville before.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:32 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I usually fly slum class So I thought I'd buy a pair of anti-DVT socks. The instructions booklet says, amongst other things, "Don't sleep in an uncomfortable position." Ha ****ing ha.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:36 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Wow. Never heard of Libreville before.
You're not missing much....
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I usually fly slum class So I thought I'd buy a pair of anti-DVT socks. The instructions booklet says, amongst other things, "Don't sleep in an uncomfortable position." Ha ****ing ha.
Hahaha, classic stuff that!

Originally Posted by Welivehere
You're not missing much....
I'll take your word for it pal.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Was meant to fly back from Abidjan to Aberdeen a few years ago. Was knackered from long shifts and not enough sleep. Decided a few beers and a couple of valiums would sort me out and id waken up in schippol fresh as a daisy. Cue 3 hours later me walking up in the departure lounge in a wheelchair surrounded by doctors and military..

Id passed out in first class the minute i got on the plane and they couldnt waken me. Had to delay the flight whilst a medical team removed me in a wheelchair

I was meant to be in economy
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:10 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you are joking. Otherwise, you would make me feel ashamed to be British. Flying business or first class is a complete and unadulterated rip-off.
*sigh*

Of course it was a joke, but why would one person not wanting to fly economy make you feel ashamed? It's entirely up to an individual how they spend their money and if someone chooses to fly in comfort then it has nothing to do with you. You'd probably travel on the outside of the plane if it were cheaper...
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:53 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Do you dress in beige?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
what like FlyDubai?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:33 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Millhouse
what like FlyDubai?
Exactly.

(FlyDubai is owned by Emirates btw).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.