Holidays - Thailand

Old Dec 5th 2010, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Holidays - Thailand

Getting outta here for 10 days in Feb, kinda a belated honeymoon for me and the mrs. Was thinking Thailand, but want a nice lazy beach holiday and not the usual night at "ally pally" that my mates come back with their stories about.

Any suggestions of what parts of Thailand are more relaxed like that? Phuket, Phi Phi Island? And any recommendations for hotels/prices. Flights will be covered by my work, hadn't really wanted to go above 80-100 USD p/night on a b+b basis for the hotel. I will buy a lonely planet guide tonight, however just wanted your opinions!
Old Dec 5th 2010, 9:55 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holidays - Thailand

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Getting outta here for 10 days in Feb, kinda a belated honeymoon for me and the mrs. Was thinking Thailand, but want a nice lazy beach holiday and not the usual night at "ally pally" that my mates come back with their stories about.

Any suggestions of what parts of Thailand are more relaxed like that? Phuket, Phi Phi Island? And any recommendations for hotels/prices. Flights will be covered by my work, hadn't really wanted to go above 80-100 USD p/night on a b+b basis for the hotel. I will buy a lonely planet guide tonight, however just wanted your opinions!
in the last 2 years we have been to the following:

Koh Phi Phi Island:Phi Phi Island village resort...lovely for the family

Koh Samui: Chewang Beach Hotel, busy...but nice (daughter was only 1 so it was okay)

Laguna Phuket: Sheraton and the Dusit, great for family. I was doing a triathlon there but the whole family from Scotland came over..Brilliant for relaxing, meals and family time

Patong: Holiday inn (for a bit of a laugh and nightlife with my dad!!)
Old Dec 5th 2010, 10:26 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Hua Hin is a more 'grown-up' and civilized resort - the King has his summer palace there.

Or for something very nice, go the Datai in Langkawi. It's in Malaysia but you're looking out at the Thai border so pretty close! (oops - just read the budget bit, but if you fancy a night there it is awesome )

Last edited by ctfc; Dec 5th 2010 at 10:28 am.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

We just did a driving holiday of Thailand. Picked up a Honda CRV at the airport and drove from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and back again (on a different route). We loved it, the people were lovely and some of the mountain villages were amazing. Stayed at a rain forest resort which was pretty nice and by the River in the old capital of Siam, Ayathaya - pretty cool place. We had hoped to get down to a coastal resort but ran out of time (did about 3000km in two weeks). We booked into hotels when we arrived - just checked wotif.com to get cheap prices, then went to hotels we liked and asked them to match the price - probably not as easy to do in the more touristy places like Phuket. Most places we stayed in averaged about 3,550 Bart per night (but there were five of us and they usually included breakfast for all of us).

Have fun.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

DesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond repute

Koh Jum Island

Welcome to Kohjum Resort, the beautiful resort at the Koh Jum Island,which is a peaceful Island in Krabi Thailand situated between Koh Lanta and Krabi town.The Island is still pure nature,like Koh Phi Phi before it got invaded by tourism.It is a quiet, little, as people are very nice and friendly. Kohjum Resort ,a private beachfront resort in Kohjum,which is nestled amidst an atmosphere of natural tranquility. You can enjoy the private long white sandy beach,crystal clear water under the blue sky. Our bungalows are located at the in very secluded and peaceful surrounding. An ideal place for people who just want to relax and get away from it all. Visit our resort and share a little piece of our island dream.Our warm welcome and personal service awaits you.

http://www.kohjumresort.com/
Old Dec 5th 2010, 11:13 am