British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Holiday suggestions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/holiday-suggestions-674738/)

kittycat1 Jul 1st 2010 4:28 am

Holiday suggestions

Hi all,

I'm thinking about New Year, where to go, Had thought Thailand but its a bit of a trek, Sri Lanka is another option, or Goa, any other suggestion? I basically want a chilled out, relaxing holiday but also with somewhere to celebrate the new year, good food (not hot and spicy), and lovely sandy beaches.... It'll be my first proper holiday in 7 years so please suggest lovely lovely places. Thanks- Oh and affordable please- don't want to have to take out a mortgage, looking for a villa to share with a few others....

Cat

Millhouse Jul 1st 2010 4:29 am

Re: Holiday suggestions

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8669373)
Hi all,

I'm thinking about New Year, where to go, Had thought Thailand but its a bit of a trek, Sri Lanka is another option, or Goa, any other suggestion? I basically want a chilled out, relaxing holiday but also with somewhere to celebrate the new year, good food (not hot and spicy), and lovely sandy beaches.... It'll be my first proper holiday in 7 years so please suggest lovely lovely places. Thanks- Oh and affordable please- don't want to have to take out a mortgage, looking for a villa to share with a few others....

Cat

have you considered Dubai? :)

kittycat1 Jul 1st 2010 4:31 am

haha millhouse- funny! :unsure:

somewhere not in the middle east where I can behave shamelessly and work on my allover tan- then does that rule out Dubai?

TGFKASE Jul 1st 2010 4:55 am

Hi all,

Cat

I wouldn't say Thailand was a trek. Flight is just over 6 hours and both Etihad and Emirates fly there daily..

Was out there a couple of weeks ago, just as the low season started. Xmas & New Year will be pricier than going now..

Millhouse Jul 1st 2010 5:17 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8669382)
and work on my allover tan

I thought you burnt easily?

I've always wanted to go to Sri Lanka. Might do it this year.

MataHari Jul 1st 2010 5:18 am

definately Goa...

MacScot Jul 1st 2010 5:21 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8669451)
definately Goa...

Didn't you have a previous post that showed the fantastic accommodation you stayed at in Goa ? (or was that Phuket?). I'm sure kitttycat1 would like to see that.

MataHari Jul 1st 2010 5:31 am

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 8669459)
Didn't you have a previous post that show the fantastic accommodation you stayed at in Goa ? (or was that Phuket?). I'm sure kitttycat1 would like to see that.

http://www.lazydays.co.uk/property.asp?PropID=20

Grace O Malley Jul 1st 2010 6:12 am

Hi all,

Cat

New Year! Its July. God I don't know where I am going in August, never mind New Year.

Jim Smith Jul 1st 2010 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley (Post 8669550)
New Year! Its July. God I don't know where I am going in August, never mind New Year.

She is obviously a very organised lady!!! :thumbup:

Inselaffen Jul 1st 2010 7:47 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8669450)
I thought you burnt easily?

I've always wanted to go to Sri Lanka. Might do it this year.

got married there nearly 2 years ago. hope to go back at some point but its a bit too far from here and our holidays get eaten up by visiting family

shikra Jul 1st 2010 7:48 am

somewhere not in the middle east where I can behave shamelessly and work on my allover tan- then does that rule out Dubai?

Since when you became a Naturist? :D

glynster Jul 1st 2010 8:48 am

How bizzare I was just chatting with a pal about new year, we have both done Thailand and were saying Goa, I had a quick look and flight prices are pretty good from Dubai. I dont know much more about the place though so will watch this thread for any ideas/ suggestions.

Paddy09 Jul 1st 2010 8:48 am

Hi all,

Cat

kitty, thailand is a great holiday, especially phuket and phi phi. its only about 6hrs from AD to Bangkok and an hour down to Phuket. If you left it to the 2nd week of january, the prices drop alot compared to high season.

Norm_uk Jul 1st 2010 9:15 am

haha millhouse- funny! :unsure:

Israel?
Cyprus?
Baku?

Or go to Newcastle and book yourself into a tanning salon...