HMRC

Old Nov 21st 2021, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

larryson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HMRC

Hi all,

We were wondering for the British in the forum. On relocation to ME, did you inform HMRC on this?

https://www.gov.uk/tax-right-retire-abroad-return-to-uk

Another friend of mine who left to Germany didn't do anything, he said it would be obvious from the lack of income and don't bother.
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 1:52 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HMRC

You can fill in the online form P85 if you want, but it's not mandatory. If you are on PAYE then you might be due a tax refund due to the way the Personal Allowance is calculated. If you are on Self Assessment then get professional help as you'll need to fill in and manually submit extra forms for this tax year to delcare any overseas earnings. It's also worth understanding how to become and remain UK Non-resident for tax purposes, which can be more difficult than you might think, and you won't be certain of your status until 6th April 2023 at the very earliest. Again, best get professional help.