British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Hmmmmm.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/hmmmmm-612112/)

Alexa May 30th 2009 9:05 pm

Hmmmmm....

I have been a member of BE for quite some time....although I am not British, neither do I live in Dubai. I also have not posted much.....for one, I feel that most posters know much more and are much better versed in the humour common to BE than I am.

Never the less, if I actually do post, I feel like an unwelcome intruder and hence are ignored.
Now don't get me wrong, I am not crying bitter tears because of it, but I do find it a bit peculiar....

And please be so kind as to note that I actually started a thread. :D It took quite some courage to do that....:ohmy:

Thank you!

Hello.Kitty May 30th 2009 9:22 pm

Re: Hmmmmm....

Aww, I read everyone's posts with interest (well, on topics that vaguely interest me) - and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Don't underestimate the value of your comments... even if it's a small input, it contributes to painting a better picture, which then hopefully helps answer the OP's question... or not, as the case may be.

Well, that's how I like to look at it. :o

Big Kevin May 30th 2009 9:45 pm

It's a shame you feel like that, but you are wrong in your assumptions in my humble opinion.

Your views are as valid as anybody else's, and quite a bit more understandable than many that I've read on here. I have read some of your posts, I will continue to do so, and it doesn't matter to me at all what your background is, as all I'm interested in is whether you have something interesting to say.

I have no idea how many posters on BE are actually expats, personally I'm in the UK but awaiting proper confirmation of a position I've been offered in the ME so hence I'm here to pick up whatever information I can, to maybe have an idea of what may be in front of me assuming everything goes to plan.

So for me your views and posts are as important as anybody else's, almost certainly more important and useful than my own, but it won't stop me posting. It will take an admin to do that ;)

All the best,
K.

commander May 31st 2009 1:50 am

Hmmmm jeez a 4 page love in on its way..

Another one for the EW file..

Personally, (and I know this thread is somehow aimed at me) I couldn't care who or where you come from..

Eva May 31st 2009 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 7618867)
I have been a member of BE for quite some time....although I am not British, neither do I live in Dubai. I also have not posted much.....for one, I feel that most posters know much more and are much better versed in the humour common to BE than I am.

Never the less, if I actually do post, I feel like an unwelcome intruder and hence are ignored.
Now don't get me wrong, I am not crying bitter tears because of it, but I do find it a bit peculiar....

And please be so kind as to note that I actually started a thread. :D It took quite some courage to do that....:ohmy:

Thank you!

I don't ignore your posts- I read your most helpful one to the person inquiring about Doha last night and thought how nice of Alexa to provide so much detail..should have karma'd you;I'll do it now.
I pay attention to all your recent posts as I am quite intrigued by your metamorphisis: from a seemingly quiet complacent lady to a rather more acerbic, witty character making sometimes helpful, sometimes funny contributions-which is more than a lot of us do:o.Never underestimate yourself;too many ppl in life are happy to do that for us-more fool them.
Have a nice day, I'm away fishing.Truly.

lionheart May 31st 2009 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 7618867)

Thank you!

Well, if you happen to call British asses "malodorous" in one of your posts, what do you expect?

commander May 31st 2009 6:30 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7619468)
Well, if you happen to call British asses "malodorous" in one of your posts, what do you expect?

Yes, cause to Alexa a foreigners arse smell so much better...

Meow May 31st 2009 6:31 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7619177)

Personally, (and I know this thread is somehow aimed at me) I couldn't care who or where you come from..

Narcisist

-

commander May 31st 2009 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7619492)
Narcisist

-

arent we all?

Meow May 31st 2009 6:34 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7619495)
arent we all?

Some more than others - as has been quite clear in recent days...

-

commander May 31st 2009 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7619498)
Some more than others - as has been quite clear in recent days...

-

i know, MH and conf have been terribly bad of late..

Meow May 31st 2009 6:44 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7619499)
i know, MH and conf have been terribly bad of late..

:lol: In YOUR opinion.

I've seen quite enough to the darker side here as the knives seem to have been out in recent weeks. :zzz:

-

Alexa May 31st 2009 11:27 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7619177)

I really hate to disappoint you...but you really are not that important...:rofl:

And for especially you , I do not post om EW.
I am actually surprised you would think I do....you should know better as you are a frequent visitor to women 's websites. :confused:

commander May 31st 2009 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 7620096)
I really hate to disappoint you...but you really are not that important...:rofl:

And for especially you , I do not post om EW.
I am actually surprised you would think I do....you should know better as you are a frequent visitor to women 's websites. :confused:

i am a woman...

Alexa May 31st 2009 11:32 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7619468)

No offense...but looking at some Brits .....they do look rather scruffy...so I would assume their derrieres are not too pleasant either....Lebanese NEVER look scruffy...hence the preference.....it is all hypothetic (sp?) anyway...and shall stay that way :D