Hive Shutdown

Old Mar 12th 2010, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hive Shutdown

Of course my dinner/wine bill will reduce once we go home..That's why I go to Marco's and all the fine places while I am here. I'm defending the ''right to live the good life'' while we are here.

The corner shop doesn't deliver because he still cant find where I live after 3 years, so I just give up and walk.

As for the diet, I dont really care, I am a size 12 in clothes, dont smoke, and drink once a week moderatley.

Lionheart, my Husband has been in the middleast for 30 years, Saudi, Iraq, and here in AD for 15 years, we are going home in the summer with a house paid in full,a new Merc, and enough money in the bank that he can retire at 52 and never have to work again. We have never got debt or lived on creditcards all the time we have lived here.

Just lived a good life, while it lasted and spent some of our money on nice things and if people didnt like it or called me a snob..tough shit! I was never asking them to pay for it.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

You bastards should've seen me 10-12 years ago...I was more of a snob than the British aristocracy...
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Having said all that ... would always tell me "Class will out my dear."
So...I shouldn't be dreaming above my station? I should just stay with my iwi on the marae, maybe drink some beer and let the white fellas worry about the important stuff, eh? Don't go getting any big ideas into my little coconut nig nog, eh?

Sorry - you sound about as elitist as MM. Christ, look where your precious 'breeding' got you. A personal trainer in Dubai. FFS.

I was the first person in my whanau to go to university, would you take that away from me? Would you rather that I just stayed within my class, and settled for the crumbs off the white mans table? Or is it getting so crowded in the elite classes, that you have to start jetting off to Dubai for brunch?
Old Mar 12th 2010, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Christ, I understand now why Dubai appeals to some 'classes' of British expat.

If you close your eyes hard, you can pretend the sun never set on the empire....little brown men running around - "Yes madam, yes madam..."
Old Mar 12th 2010, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spart
So...I shouldn't be dreaming above my station? I should just stay with my iwi on the marae, maybe drink some beer and let the white fellas worry about the important stuff, eh? Don't go getting any big ideas into my little coconut nig nog, eh?

Sorry - you sound about as elitist as MM. Christ, look where your precious 'breeding' got you. A personal trainer in Dubai. FFS.

I was the first person in my whanau to go to university, would you take that away from me? Would you rather that I just stayed within my class, and settled for the crumbs off the white mans table? Or is it getting so crowded in the elite classes, that you have to start jetting off to Dubai for brunch?
My,my..Mr angry or what?
Whoever mentioned anything about colour? where did I say anything about staying within a class???
what part of ......I have friends from all levels of society..the 1 thing that binds them is that they are all decent, caring, fun to be with, and don't wear polyester lol
I do not give a bollocks what accent they have, what they do for a living (except for example above :-) ) or even where they live. If they are people that I get on with and enjoy their company then that is good enough for me.
...did you fail to understand

You obviously have a huge chip on your shoulder and you are a perfect example of the "inverted snobbery" that we are talking about.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Christ, I understand now why Dubai appeals to some 'classes' of British expat.

If you close your eyes hard, you can pretend the sun never set on the empire....little brown men running around - "Yes madam, yes madam..."
Spart, get over yourself darling..and go and make me a cup of tea
Old Mar 12th 2010, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Confucius
You bastards should've seen me 10-12 years ago...I was more of a snob than the British aristocracy...
So what has changed darling
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

My,my..Mr angry or what?
No - not angry - just sick of this classist, racist society

what part of .........did you fail to understand
The bit where you said all the nice things about having some lovely friends from the lower classes, then finishing it all off with - "class will out"... WTF is that? One can aspire above ones station, however, the true aristocracy will always be winners. Someone from a working class background will never be able to rub shoulders with the gentry?

You obviously have a huge chip on your shoulder and you are a perfect example of the "inverted snobbery" that we are talking about.
You know f**k all about me. I am hugely proud to be a Maori making it in business, everyone from my iwi is proud of me. I am used constantly as an example of where hard work can get you, and not having to rely on just being able to tackle, scrum, kick and run.

Inverted snobbery? - get over yourself already.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Spart, get over yourself darling..and go and make me a cup of tea
Thats really not funny.

I do hope your maid laughs when you tell jokes like that though..
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Spart,
Let me try and clarify this.
I am NOT talking about "class" as a structure of society ie upper/ middle/ lower etc.

"Class will out".........I am talking about people "WITH CLASS" People "with class" can come from any background. I know people from the so called "upper classes" who are rude, arrogant and boorish. I know people from the so called "lower working class" who are the most polite,well mannered and considerate people you would ever want to meet. I know people from all walks of life who have had lots of different experiences and some of them have GOT class and some haven't.

I never have, and never will have, an issue with somebodies colour, creed or religion. I do have a problem with people who use that and pull the 'racist' card everytime they feel like it.
The whole reason for my posts is that some people automatically think that just because somebody enjoys the nice things in life they are "pretentious wankers"
That is being stereotypified..as I am sure you have been in your life.
You are, quite rightly, proud of what you have achieved, and done so when the odds are stacked against you...well done.

You, however, assume that I have had things handed to me on a plate..I have not. I have worked hard to to get where I am.

So Spart, hold your head high, be proud of what you have achieved but please don't, as people have done to your society, judge us all by the same standard.

xxxx
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Thats really not funny.

I do hope your maid laughs when you tell jokes like that though..
Yes darling she does
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:09 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Why am I reminded of that recent story in the UK about the Tory MP who went on national radio and said he didn't like travelling in Standard Class on the train because it was full of "different people"?
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Why am I reminded of that recent story in the UK about the Tory MP who went on national radio and said he didn't like travelling in Standard Class on the train because it was full of "different people"?
I can't se the problem with MP's travelling business class on trains if they are travelling between constituencies and London and need to work. standard class is really not conducive to working.

more of them should be locked up for the blatant fraud they have committed over 1st and second homes though!
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:48 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I can't se the problem with MP's travelling business class on trains if they are travelling between constituencies and London and need to work. standard class is really not conducive to working.

more of them should be locked up for the blatant fraud they have committed over 1st and second homes though!
That's fair enough, but the way he said it was that he didn't like to be surrounded by common oiks.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

edinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of light

Just face up to it.......Dubai is full of cnuts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.