Reload this Page >

Hiring a driver in Doha?

Hiring a driver in Doha?

Old Aug 24th 2014, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Ali84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hiring a driver in Doha?

Hi All

I am new here so please be gentle with me!

i have tried looking into the costs of hiring a driver (with car) for my first month or 2 in Doha but cant seem to find any recent figures.
I would be very grateful for any indication of costs my firm will be paying a car allowance of around 3500 QR pcm. would this cover it?
As i am relocating from central London i have not driven for about 10 years! so quite nervous about driving in Doha as have heard all the horror stories.

anyway any advice would be gratefully received!

TIA
Ali

Last edited by Ali84; Aug 24th 2014 at 2:58 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hiring a driver in Doha?

Hi, try contacting www.careem.com and negotiating a rate.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Hiring a driver in Doha?

Hi Ditzy

Thanks for that suggestion, I will give them a bell are they reliable and punctual? which is key for me as will be using them to get to the office.

Thanks
Ali
Old Aug 25th 2014, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno about Doha but in Dubai I use them a lot. Little more expensive than normal taxis but the vehicles are usually nice clean Lexus. Drivers are polite and pleasant. Invariably arrive early and wait for you. You can track them by satnav on your PC or via the phone App. You get a text saying when they're on the way, with drivers name, number and car plus registration. You get a text when they're outside. Billing via credit card.
www.careem.com/signup/EFZJYGB2GI
Old Aug 25th 2014, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks mikewot

just had a look at their website seem very similar to Uber whom i use a fair bit in London. so should be good.

Thanks
Ali
Old Aug 25th 2014, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Uber are also available in Dubai, dunno about Doha.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks mikewot

Just checked and Uber are available in Doha, Careem seem to be slightly cheaper so may give them a go.

Thanks
Ali
Old Aug 26th 2014, 4:33 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ali84
Thanks mikewot

Just checked and Uber are available in Doha, Careem seem to be slightly cheaper so may give them a go.

Thanks
Ali
Like Mikewot, I also use Careem a lot in Dubai and they are pretty good. In general I use Careem when I need to book in advance (airports etc) and I use Uber for on Demand cars if I cant find regular taxis. Even if you choose to use Careem as your regular ride, I would also register for Uber as hailing a taxi on the street in Doha is pretty tough around the central business district.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 4:43 am
Account Closed

In Dubai Careem has a Now service, use the App and it'll pinpoint a driver on Satnav and once again give you all the details plus tracking.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 5:04 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
In Dubai Careem has a Now service, use the App and it'll pinpoint a driver on Satnav and once again give you all the details plus tracking.
Cool!! I've learnt something today :-)
Old Aug 26th 2014, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Guys
TheShed & mikewot really appreciate the advice. yup standing around in the street trying to get a cab in that heat is not going to happen!
Old Aug 27th 2014, 10:25 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I have used Uber since the 1st day in Doha and at first they were all luxury cars, Mercedes, Audi and Cadillac. Now its the usual suspects, Camry, Corolla and Altima. The biggest benefit as pointed out is that the driver has a good idea where you are and you can watch him drive around all the streets near you as he tries to work out where you are.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Britexpat76
That's bad form if you are paying for the Uberlux category. I saw on other posts that you may be in the car business out in Doha?, if you don't mind i may pm you when im settled to see about picking up some sort of 4X4.
Thanks
Ali
Old Aug 27th 2014, 1:49 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ali84
Thanks Britexpat76
That's bad form if you are paying for the Uberlux category. I saw on other posts that you may be in the car business out in Doha?, if you don't mind i may pm you when im settled to see about picking up some sort of 4X4.
Thanks
Ali
Sure, no problem I can point you in the right direction.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers mate appreciate it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.