Highway Robbers !!

Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:40 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Highway Robbers !!

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I had to re-register my car today, so checked on websites to see if I had any speeding fines or Salik fines...both websites came up a blank, so off I went to the registration centre...............only to get in a row with some smug Indian ****head, who said their system showed I owed AED 1,040 in speeding and Salik fines !

'How can that be, cos according to the websites, I have no fines, so whats the point of the websites to be able to check on if what they tell you is crap ' I said

'Well, you have to pay, if you want to re-register the car, I cannot proceed without the fines being paid and we only accept cash' says ****head, as I reached for a credit card

'Pah !I know why you only accept cash, cos its f***ing easier to stick in your f***ing pocket' ! says I, to which ****head mumbled something or other

'Right, well I only have AED 1500 on me, so how much is the re-registration ?, Whats the standard re-registration fee' ? I enquired

'Dont worry, I will work some magic !' says ****head....

'What do you mean 'work some magic' ? Surely its a set fee ?'

F**ing highway robbing RTA wan*ers !!!!
A couple of years ago I went to re-register the car and was given a list of fines to pay, three parking tickets in Dubai (where I lived) and a speeding ticket in RAK. I told the police officer I have never even been to RAK in my car so where did this ticket come from. He shrugged his shoulders and said that it's on the computer and is correct so if I want to dispute it (all AED200) of it I would have to go to the police in RAK and talk to them.

Obviously the prospect of having to drive to RAK, bring an Arabic speaker with me and stand in lines all day over AED200 didn't seem worth it so I paid.

They are a bunch of conmen, the system is full of faults and there's not a lot you can do about it.

N.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 3:29 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

my best was a fine of 200aed for making a sudden change of direction on SZR. the only reason i would do that would be to avoid an accident....pure genius
Old Oct 31st 2009, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
my best was a fine of 200aed for making a sudden change of direction on SZR. the only reason i would do that would be to avoid an accident....pure genius
I re-registered today.

AED 1,500 in Salik fines - incurred as a result of them discontinuing their SMS reminders without warning. Bastards!

The Dubai Police are also issuing fines heavily at the moment. I got AED 200 yesterday for going to the Fish Market. There was a "Do Not Enter" sign, but it was bent behind another sign and you literally can't see it. I could take it to traffic court and win, but it's hardly worth the effort (and they know it).

Dubai Govt seems to be getting greedier these days!
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

outtatouch is an unknown quantity at this point

how do i go online to check if there are fines?
Old Oct 31st 2009, 2:35 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by outtatouch
how do i go online to check if there are fines?
For police (see URL) below:

http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/eng...g=1&isEng=true
Old Oct 31st 2009, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Salik won't show up on the Dubai Police site.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 2:46 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
Salik won't show up on the Dubai Police site.
Yes, that was specifically for police and speeding fines etc.

For Salik you go to the Salik page and login.