Highway Robbers !!

Old Oct 21st 2009, 11:11 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Highway Robbers !!

I had to re-register my car today, so checked on websites to see if I had any speeding fines or Salik fines...both websites came up a blank, so off I went to the registration centre...............only to get in a row with some smug Indian ****head, who said their system showed I owed AED 1,040 in speeding and Salik fines !

'How can that be, cos according to the websites, I have no fines, so whats the point of the websites to be able to check on if what they tell you is crap ' I said

'Well, you have to pay, if you want to re-register the car, I cannot proceed without the fines being paid and we only accept cash' says ****head, as I reached for a credit card

'Pah !I know why you only accept cash, cos its f***ing easier to stick in your f***ing pocket' ! says I, to which ****head mumbled something or other

'Right, well I only have AED 1500 on me, so how much is the re-registration ?, Whats the standard re-registration fee' ? I enquired

'Dont worry, I will work some magic !' says ****head....

'What do you mean 'work some magic' ? Surely its a set fee ?'

F**ing highway robbing RTA wan*ers !!!!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 11:16 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Highway Robbers !!

When its my turn I intend getting a printout from the website showing that I don't (hopefully) have any fines outstanding and then demand to see the manager if the cashier says different. Not sure if that would prove successful but definitely worth trying.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 21st 2009, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Euc- View Post
Have heard from friends Govt has ordered revenue bonanza!

One of our pickups got done day b4 yesterday on Emirates Road as it didnt have the printing on the front doors, which I think relates to weight or carrying capacity! It is also govt owned. When did this law come into force? Guess we were supplied with an illegal vehicle!!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 1:19 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan View Post
I had to re-register my car today, so checked on websites to see if I had any speeding fines or Salik fines...both websites came up a blank, so off I went to the registration centre...............only to get in a row with some smug Indian ****head, who said their system showed I owed AED 1,040 in speeding and Salik fines !

'How can that be, cos according to the websites, I have no fines, so whats the point of the websites to be able to check on if what they tell you is crap ' I said

'Well, you have to pay, if you want to re-register the car, I cannot proceed without the fines being paid and we only accept cash' says ****head, as I reached for a credit card

'Pah !I know why you only accept cash, cos its f***ing easier to stick in your f***ing pocket' ! says I, to which ****head mumbled something or other

'Right, well I only have AED 1500 on me, so how much is the re-registration ?, Whats the standard re-registration fee' ? I enquired

'Dont worry, I will work some magic !' says ****head....

'What do you mean 'work some magic' ? Surely its a set fee ?'

F**ing highway robbing RTA wan*ers !!!!
No offence like, but more fool you for paying - I would have told him to get fûcked.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 1:27 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
No offence like, but more fool you for paying - I would have told him to get fûcked.
Nice in principle, and beleive me I wanted to, but what was the option.....Have an unregistered car ? Drive illegally ?

Besides, he was the Manager so I didnt even have anyone to complain to !
Old Oct 21st 2009, 2:08 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan View Post
Nice in principle, and beleive me I wanted to, but what was the option.....Have an unregistered car ? Drive illegally ?

Besides, he was the Manager so I didnt even have anyone to complain to !
I would have kicked off, explained that you had already checked, asked for proof and then threatened to call the police, if he is ripping you off then you must be mad.

Or you could have nutted him.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
I would have kicked off, explained that you had already checked, asked for proof and then threatened to call the police, if he is ripping you off then you must be mad.

Or you could have nutted him.
Can you not just go back and nut him just for closure?
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:15 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy View Post
yup sounds good
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 6:54 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy View Post
Aye, tell him its a local custom, akin to the infamous 'Glesga Kiss'....!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 7:04 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

This happened to me too - unfortunately the online fine service is not without it's problems. Some of your fines don't show up on there for one reason or another. When I sold my car this past weekend the guy buying it found out he had a black point on his licence, which he couldn't see online. He had to payout too and was not very pleased.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

- unfortunately the online fine service is not without it's problems.

Sometimes very good!

Yesterday my wife won more than 5000 Dhms worth of computers etc at Gitex from RTA after I paid a parking fine online which I got when forgetting to buy a parking ticket whilst driving her car!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 10:33 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post

Sometimes very good!

Yesterday my wife won more than 5000 Dhms worth of computers etc at Gitex from RTA after I paid a parking fine online which I got when forgetting to buy a parking ticket whilst driving her car!!!
**** me on a friday, that's good going fella...
Old Oct 24th 2009, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Surely though you got a receipt for the fines?
Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post

Sometimes very good!

well done

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.