British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Highway Robbers !! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/highway-robbers-636833/)

BangleMan Oct 21st 2009 11:11 am

Highway Robbers !!

I had to re-register my car today, so checked on websites to see if I had any speeding fines or Salik fines...both websites came up a blank, so off I went to the registration centre...............only to get in a row with some smug Indian ****head, who said their system showed I owed AED 1,040 in speeding and Salik fines !

'How can that be, cos according to the websites, I have no fines, so whats the point of the websites to be able to check on if what they tell you is crap ' I said

'Well, you have to pay, if you want to re-register the car, I cannot proceed without the fines being paid and we only accept cash' says ****head, as I reached for a credit card

'Pah !I know why you only accept cash, cos its f***ing easier to stick in your f***ing pocket' ! says I, to which ****head mumbled something or other

'Right, well I only have AED 1500 on me, so how much is the re-registration ?, Whats the standard re-registration fee' ? I enquired

'Dont worry, I will work some magic !' says ****head....

'What do you mean 'work some magic' ? Surely its a set fee ?'

F**ing highway robbing RTA wan*ers !!!! :frown::frown:

lionheart Oct 21st 2009 11:16 am

Re: Highway Robbers !!

When its my turn I intend getting a printout from the website showing that I don't (hopefully) have any fines outstanding and then demand to see the manager if the cashier says different. Not sure if that would prove successful but definitely worth trying.

Euc- Oct 21st 2009 11:16 am

:rofl:

Jim Smith Oct 21st 2009 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Euc- (Post 8033204)
:rofl:

Have heard from friends Govt has ordered revenue bonanza!

One of our pickups got done day b4 yesterday on Emirates Road as it didnt have the printing on the front doors, which I think relates to weight or carrying capacity! It is also govt owned. When did this law come into force? Guess we were supplied with an illegal vehicle!!

Spugsy Oct 21st 2009 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 8033187)
I had to re-register my car today, so checked on websites to see if I had any speeding fines or Salik fines...both websites came up a blank, so off I went to the registration centre...............only to get in a row with some smug Indian ****head, who said their system showed I owed AED 1,040 in speeding and Salik fines !

'How can that be, cos according to the websites, I have no fines, so whats the point of the websites to be able to check on if what they tell you is crap ' I said

'Well, you have to pay, if you want to re-register the car, I cannot proceed without the fines being paid and we only accept cash' says ****head, as I reached for a credit card

'Pah !I know why you only accept cash, cos its f***ing easier to stick in your f***ing pocket' ! says I, to which ****head mumbled something or other

'Right, well I only have AED 1500 on me, so how much is the re-registration ?, Whats the standard re-registration fee' ? I enquired

'Dont worry, I will work some magic !' says ****head....

'What do you mean 'work some magic' ? Surely its a set fee ?'

F**ing highway robbing RTA wan*ers !!!! :frown::frown:

No offence like, but more fool you for paying - I would have told him to get fûcked.

BangleMan Oct 21st 2009 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8033494)
No offence like, but more fool you for paying - I would have told him to get fûcked.

Nice in principle, and beleive me I wanted to, but what was the option.....Have an unregistered car ? Drive illegally ?

Besides, he was the Manager so I didnt even have anyone to complain to !

Spugsy Oct 21st 2009 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 8033508)
Nice in principle, and beleive me I wanted to, but what was the option.....Have an unregistered car ? Drive illegally ?

Besides, he was the Manager so I didnt even have anyone to complain to !

I would have kicked off, explained that you had already checked, asked for proof and then threatened to call the police, if he is ripping you off then you must be mad.

Or you could have nutted him.

Morecambe Mindy Oct 21st 2009 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8033578)
I would have kicked off, explained that you had already checked, asked for proof and then threatened to call the police, if he is ripping you off then you must be mad.

Or you could have nutted him.

Can you not just go back and nut him just for closure?

Blue Cat Oct 22nd 2009 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy (Post 8033624)

yup sounds good :thumbsup:

TGFKASE Oct 22nd 2009 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy (Post 8033624)

Aye, tell him its a local custom, akin to the infamous 'Glesga Kiss'....!!!

Emerald_Eyes Oct 22nd 2009 7:04 am

This happened to me too - unfortunately the online fine service is not without it's problems. Some of your fines don't show up on there for one reason or another. When I sold my car this past weekend the guy buying it found out he had a black point on his licence, which he couldn't see online. He had to payout too and was not very pleased.

Jim Smith Oct 22nd 2009 9:48 am

- unfortunately the online fine service is not without it's problems.

Sometimes very good!

Yesterday my wife won more than 5000 Dhms worth of computers etc at Gitex from RTA after I paid a parking fine online which I got when forgetting to buy a parking ticket whilst driving her car!!!

Spugsy Oct 22nd 2009 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Jim Smith (Post 8036014)

Sometimes very good!

Yesterday my wife won more than 5000 Dhms worth of computers etc at Gitex from RTA after I paid a parking fine online which I got when forgetting to buy a parking ticket whilst driving her car!!!

**** me on a friday, that's good going fella...

seven seas Oct 24th 2009 4:47 am

Surely though you got a receipt for the fines?

Blue Cat Oct 24th 2009 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Jim Smith (Post 8036014)

Sometimes very good!

well done :thumbup: