Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Highest Paid Footballer

Highest Paid Footballer

Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:07 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Highest Paid Footballer

Originally Posted by lionheart
Not quite the biggest club but probably the best league. It's simply because he is a con artist with all his theatrical diving. Other young players are copying him so better get rid and spend the dosh on better quality in my view.
Financially they are, and I'd be amazed if the likes of Real Madrid or Barca had bigger worldwide followings

Agree, he was a diver and was rightly criticised for it, but after the criticism he received for the Rooney sending off / winking afterwards in the Euro Champs, this season, he has cut the diving out by about 99%, and at the end of the day, you dont score 37 goals in a season, especially not in the Premier League and Champions League etc if you arent exceptionally good....and he's not even a striker !
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Real are gonna have to break the bank to sign him,and if I were ManYoo, I'd hang to him for another couple of years. Its no secret they're after him, but when a player changes clubs it can take a while to settle in and re-discover that form that led them to attract attention.

He is in tremendous form though, and surely a serious contender for World Footballer Of the Year?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:46 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Financially they are, and I'd be amazed if the likes of Real Madrid or Barca had bigger worldwide followings

Agree, he was a diver and was rightly criticised for it, but after the criticism he received for the Rooney sending off / winking afterwards in the Euro Champs, this season, he has cut the diving out by about 99%, and at the end of the day, you dont score 37 goals in a season, especially not in the Premier League and Champions League etc if you arent exceptionally good....and he's not even a striker !
You may be right but I read somewhere recently that Real Madrid (I think) just pipped ManU on the financial front. Yes, Ronaldo's diving techniques have improved but don't tell me that he has cut it down by 99% as he is still the most prolific diver around. No argument about his goal scoring record though...phenomenal.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:11 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Real are gonna have to break the bank to sign him,and if I were ManYoo, I'd hang to him for another couple of years. Its no secret they're after him, but when a player changes clubs it can take a while to settle in and re-discover that form that led them to attract attention.

He is in tremendous form though, and surely a serious contender for World Footballer Of the Year?
he should win it, no doubt about it.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

A few years ago he would have been nobbled by the likes of Norman Hunter or Asa Hartford...now there are two great midfielders of old.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:40 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

A few years ago he would have been nobbled by the likes of Norman Hunter or Asa Hartford...now there are two great midfielders of old.
Wasnt Norman Hunter a centre half alongside Jackie Charlton ?.....And Asa Hartford was the Man City player with a hole in the heart ?

When I grew up I followed Man Utd until I was about 13 or 14, and I used to idolise the likes of Steve Coppell, Gordon Hill, Stuart Pearson, Martin Buchan, Lou Macari, Gary Bailey, Jimmy Greenhoff....It's funny, my Dad, as a treat took me to see Man Utd play West Ham at Upton Park one night.around that time........Man Utd won 4-2, but I came out of there that night a West Ham fan....not sure if it was the shirt colours, or the Bubbles tune that did it and havent looked back !....Needless to say my Dad hasnt spoken to me since....lol
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Wasnt Norman Hunter a centre half alongside Jackie Charlton ?.....And Asa Hartford was the Man City player with a hole in the heart ?

When I grew up I followed Man Utd until I was about 13 or 14, and I used to idolise the likes of Steve Coppell, Gordon Hill, Stuart Pearson, Martin Buchan, Lou Macari, Gary Bailey, Jimmy Greenhoff....It's funny, my Dad, as a treat took me to see Man Utd play West Ham at Upton Park one night.around that time........Man Utd won 4-2, but I came out of there that night a West Ham fan....not sure if it was the shirt colours, or the Bubbles tune that did it and havent looked back !....Needless to say my Dad hasnt spoken to me since....lol
We must be about the same age! When I was about 13/14, I remember watching the FA Cup Final,full of the players you mention - 1977. Strangely, that year I also gave up 'supporting' Man U and started following my local team instead.

The FA Cup Final was one of the few games which were broadcast live in those days, and it was a HUGE occasion, to sit in front of the tv and watch Cup Final Grandstand. Got fond memories of most of the Cup Finals from late 70's right through to the 80's.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I read somewhere that she's the most photographed woman in the world, it must be extremely hard, especially when you've got 3 kids as well.
..and really bad skin. Bitch!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone noticed that there are absolutely no women on this thread???
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:42 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Kicking balls appeals to me...................
Gazza was lovely to watch.
Bill Shankly,Dennis Law-crafted Scottish players
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Kicking balls appeals to me...................
Gazza was lovely to watch.
Bill Shankly,Dennis Law-crafted Scottish players
And now it has become official...You really are a man!!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:47 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
And now it has become official...You really are a man!!!

Ain't you got some Depeche Mode to post???????????????????????

yawn
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Ain't you got some Depeche Mode to post???????????????????????

yawn
You make me go to sleep far quicker...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

dramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to all

Who? And who on earth said that Gazza was pure class...an over-rated fatty more like. The best technician I have ever had the pleasure to watch in my lifetime (which includes George Best) was Georgie Kinkladze, a pure genius whom few of you will probably remember. My most enjoyable moment was watching England thrash Scotland 5-1 at Wembley with Gerry Francis among the scorers. That and watching my team beat Huddersfield 10-1 but that was in a lower league.
Originally Posted by Spugsy
You idiot, he could have been one of the best players of all time, he was incredible.

Gazza p*ssed all over Kinkladze, who was to be fair brilliant. NEver seen anyone in the flesh as skillful or breathakingly good (and that includes gazza, beardley) as Ginola in his first season at the Toon, he was unbelievable.

who is your team anyway? City?

i agree
kinkladze was a fine player
many a time i watched him at maine road

city til i die

ps i met ginola's brother once in the big market....
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Confucius
Has anyone noticed that there are absolutely no women on this thread???
Has Matahari changed sex then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.