High Speed (200kph+) Road proposed

High Speed (200kph+) Road proposed

Old Nov 19th 2013, 6:48 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: High Speed (200kph+) Road proposed

Originally Posted by Scamp
Ah **** it, build it, let them kill themselves, who gives a ****? It'll get shut down soon enough or the limit changed, but in the meantime it keeps the ****ing spastics away from the normal roads...
For every wrong reason I actually agree with this.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Meow
Sometimes I wonder if the people who run this country have brains made of cheese.
Brie between the ears
Old Nov 19th 2013, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

I wouldn't use it - my 8 year old heap would probably self destruct at sustained speed above 150kph...
Old Nov 19th 2013, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

I would not use it because it's full of tossers who use their car as an extension of their pe.is.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
I'm all for the idea. Keep em off the normal roads.

It'll be like at the camel races but in fast forward
yeh it does mean that they will be off the normal roads.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

"..... only those wanting to drive at high-speed could use it...."

There's the key issue - so there will be a minimum speed. What will that be? 140kph??
Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a minimum speed on an autobahn? I guess that's what they're thinking of here...
Old Nov 20th 2013, 5:22 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

No minimum speed limit and the richtgeschwindigkeit is 130Kph but only advisory. I lived there for 6 years and it would be very rare to get a decent head of steam up for any distance because they're pretty busy. Especially in summer when the North Europeans migrate South for summer holidays.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Would this mean that the in car ‘alarm’ when you get to 120kph would no longer be mandatory? Or would it just be expected that those tearing along the high speed death road would have to put up with it? Or would it just be drowned out by road and wind noise, and the sound of exploding cars as the plough into each other?
Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:29 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Would this mean that the in car ‘alarm’ when you get to 120kph would no longer be mandatory?
I have a Golf GTI and it just pings as you pass 120 and small alarm obscures digital speed which you cancel with one of the steering wheel buttons. I've got up to 220 on the road to work, which used to be deserted but is now full of anoraks going to the airshow.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Would this mean that the in car ‘alarm’ when you get to 120kph would no longer be mandatory? Or would it just be expected that those tearing along the high speed death road would have to put up with it? Or would it just be drowned out by road and wind noise, and the sound of exploding cars as the plough into each other?
Mine just goes 'Bing' when I hit 121.

Then nothing, until I dip below and go back above.

My mrs' Volvo makes a noise for a while then gives up.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Mine just goes 'Bing' when I hit 121.

Then nothing, until I dip below and go back above.

My mrs' Volvo makes a noise for a while then gives up.
Mine's continuous - damn those literal and efficient Japanese. It’s a pain in the hoop on a trip to AD, especially when there are passengers in the car so turning the music up to 11 isn’t socially acceptable.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Mine's continuous - damn those literal and efficient Japanese. It’s a pain in the hoop on a trip to AD, especially when there are passengers in the car so turning the music up to 11 isn’t socially acceptable.
Just get it disconnected. Takes 10 mins.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikewot
No minimum speed limit and the richtgeschwindigkeit is 130Kph but only advisory. I lived there for 6 years and it would be very rare to get a decent head of steam up for any distance because they're pretty busy. Especially in summer when the North Europeans migrate South for summer holidays.
Of course if the Germans want to go really loopy in their cars they can go to the most dangerous 'public' road in the world. The Nurburgring.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:48 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robajob
Of course if the Germans want to go really loopy in their cars they can go to the most dangerous 'public' road in the world. The Nurburgring.
But is it? I bet more people have died, on average per annum, between AD and Dubai than on the 'ring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.