Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Hi, im new, how and who r u?

Hi, im new, how and who r u?

Old Jul 14th 2009, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all
Default Re: Hi, im new, how and who r u?

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hey Timmy,

Thanks but the company have their office set up already and as much as I'm sure you'd love to think about a load of models prancing around in lingerie we do need to fit product on all sorts of shapes and sizes (real women who might actually buy the stuff as their boobs aren't perfectly perky!)

But thank you for the suggestion and the self less act of chatting to models! If you wanted to chat them up you could just use it as a line....
xxx

Old Jul 14th 2009, 5:50 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
sorry, I didnt get that either and I'm a very masculine male
Suvverners!
Old Jul 14th 2009, 5:51 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Im blaming the bleach as I still don'tget it...

Maybe try less complex funnies - I'm only a simple thing !
x
Read above post!
Old Jul 14th 2009, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

skeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud of

LOL Hu am i ?
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:00 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skeleton
LOL Hu am i ?
I can see right through you...
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:16 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skeleton
LOL Hu am i ?
I want to rattle your bones.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

skeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I want to rattle your bones.
Very Expensive to rattle my bones.

@Matahari : Wonder ! How ?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

saas is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to everyone i already feel at home.

Originally Posted by admon
I used to be a spy, then I got burned..
Originally Posted by MataHari
same here, but I got shot...
Admon & Matahari, thanks for your intro, im sure the oil rich sheikhs will pay enough to keep me on me feet for the rest of my life when turning you guys in....british spies are worth a bomb + a palm island!!!! wooohooooo!

Originally Posted by Daniel Marsden
I'm Dan, only moved here 5 months ago - family to follow - office moving well - US based company and I'm here to stick my flag in the Middle East for them (echoes of Eddie Izzard). Nice to 'meet' you saas - in Meadows with other family for now).
Super nice to meet u too mate and good luck with the family in-coming. What type of business?

Originally Posted by edinburger
Hi saas, I wouldn't hold my breath if you are looking to get in with the clique on here! There are a few friendly folk on this board but the majority wont give you the time of day mate, a lot of them here have a fear of incomers, (stranger danger), think Royston Vasey in cyberspace
lol burger man, dont worry mate. I'm sure i'll fit right in....So what do u do in UAE?

Originally Posted by soukie
I could tell you but I would have to shoot you afterwards.

Welcome to BE saas - do you think you will be able to weather the storm in Dubai or are you thinking about moving on?
Shoot me in the foot and tell me...as long as i live to see another day.

Well soukz, we have a family business in UK both in clothing + property, so i guess if things go grim with a trim, im shiftin back home. But as for now, we are doing OK and the market seems steady for now and maybe shifting back up...then again who knows what the middle east might bring next.

Hi Saas, Dan, and everyone else,

Ok I seriously don't get the "in" jokes and I fear they need a lot of explaining!

And in answer to your questions, I'm very well ta, I'm Cat and I'm a lingerie designer, well actually in the UK I'm self employed as a fashion stylist and I do design consultancy as well, but i'm moving out to Dubai in Sept to work full time for one of my clients- 4 year contract, so will be a full time lingerie designer- the idea of working 9 hour days is heavenly!

Cat
xxx
Hi catwoman, MEOWWWW
Congratulations with the contract I hope u can handle the heat, cos JULY is knocking me out senseless having to run around in the desert.

Originally Posted by Amnesia180
Hi Saas,

Welcome.. and apologies for my late(ish) reply. I haven't actually moved to the ME yet (don't shoot, please!) but from what I've read, I'm really excited about moving.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the forums... I know I do! You'll just have to get used to the banter (you don't necesarily have to get involved in it though ).

Enjoy!
Thank you Amnesia, i just managed to learn how to do the multi-quote replies, which really do save time and effort. 'ME'?? IM GUESSING MENTAL EAST HEHE

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I used to go mental trying to hire cranes, shovels etc... but now there's no need
Sandboy, how u doing? Im guessing u left the transport business? So what u doing now? Or if you dont mind me asking, are u still involved on the contruction or heavy duty machinery side?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope u can handle the heat, cos JULY is knocking me out senseless having to run around in the desert.
Air conned accomadation, air conned car, air conned office- what more does a gal need! Running round the desert- why??

I'm actually shite in the heat as I'm a pasty whiter than daz lass- my legs actually reflect the sun- and the rest of me burns in seconds! I have stocked up on factor 50 however and have no intention of looking like a leather handbag by the age of 40!

x
Old Jul 18th 2009, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Air conned accomadation, air conned car, air conned office- what more does a gal need! Running round the desert- why??

I'm actually shite in the heat as I'm a pasty whiter than daz lass- my legs actually reflect the sun- and the rest of me burns in seconds! I have stocked up on factor 50 however and have no intention of looking like a leather handbag by the age of 40!

x
cat ur right, if u have those priviledges on a constant basis you'll be doin fine. I dont know if other people have this problem, but the A/C tends to make my skin a little dry, esp the lips. Running around in the desert - I got machines working in the sands.

leather handbag lol...ask the arabs what they use, they tend to keep their skin healthy living in these horrible heat waves and even at the age of 40, no signs of wrinkles...must be the KABAB AND HUMOUS

Last edited by saas; Jul 18th 2009 at 1:38 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think its a look I want to promote!

Pasty with strap lines it is! I've got enough bloodly lines as it is- thank you to granny for passing on her pruneskin genes!
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Pasty with strap lines it is! I've got enough bloodly lines as it is- thank you to granny for passing on her pruneskin genes!
Call me shallow, but that offer of a cuppa in Woodstock????

Consider it rescinded......
Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

im here with a leb friend and i just showed her the forums and she read your post and said "she should try coconut oil / mustard oil"...

oil oil oil...MADNESS!!
Old Jul 18th 2009, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Call me shallow, but that offer of a cuppa in Woodstock????

Consider it rescinded......
Sob sob sob!

im here with a leb friend and i just showed her the forums and she read your post and said "she should try coconut oil / mustard oil"...

oil oil oil...MADNESS!!
Ok i may have exagerated a bit, mine are a few crows feet, few laughter lines and a few frown lines, but I'm trying to keep it as few as possible- my gran does resemble a prune but I call them character lines, and every one tells a story! Obviously the sun ain't good for your skin and i'd like to stay as youthful looking for as long as poss! I can't even remember why I bought it up now.....but thank you to your friend for her suggestion!

xxx
Old Jul 19th 2009, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Sob sob sob!

Ok i may have exagerated a bit, mine are a few crows feet, few laughter lines and a few frown lines, but I'm trying to keep it as few as possible- my gran does resemble a prune but I call them character lines, and every one tells a story! Obviously the sun ain't good for your skin and i'd like to stay as youthful looking for as long as poss! I can't even remember why I bought it up now.....but thank you to your friend for her suggestion!

xxx
So you'll try it right? U gotto let me know how u get on...Who knows one of these day i might find the lines of age tormenting me too...aint nothing wrong with staying young :P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.