Here we go again

Old Jul 23rd 2013, 3:20 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we go again

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Eh

So if I leave my windows open, I should take some of the blame for inviting someone into my home to steal???

It's a sad reflection of todays world when people think like that.
It's funny because a junkie in Aberdeen tried that exact excuse when he broke into my home and stole a load of stuff.
It was such a successful defence that when his lawyer presented in to me as a witness and the court the judge told him to stop being ridiculous.
Last I heard he was still in jail.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 3:25 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
It's funny because a junkie in Aberdeen tried that exact excuse when he broke into my home and stole a load of stuff.
It was such a successful defence that when his lawyer presented in to me as a witness and the court the judge told him to stop being ridiculous.
It is reasonable advice though, but the blame is still on whoever enters through the window.

Bit like telling your kid not to get into a car with a stranger. Good advice and you would never reason that your kid should be able to get into any car with anyone and if anything happened then it was the abductors fault entirely.

Last edited by Fossildog; Jul 23rd 2013 at 3:40 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
Many rape cases of this kind are difficult to prove in court regardless whether it is in the UAE or any other countries that allow alcohol consumption. It is quite a tricky task for a jury to decide if a particular case is actually a conscious sex or it is indeed a rape case. Because in a typical case you have a woman who was drunk, in a place where there was a bedroom, and was happily engaged in a foreplay act with the accused man and when he eventually wanted to go for it she was not sure to let him (not resisting). The next morning she wakes up and discovers what has happened and feels disgusted with herself, and rather than placing the major blame on herself she decides to make a court case against him.

Therefore, I believe the best way to solve this problem and save the tax payers all this waste of money and court time is to pass a law that prohibits a man from having sex with any woman who is on a certain level of intoxication regardless if she consent or not.

So any bloke going on a night out would be advised to take with him in addition to the packet of condoms, a breatheriser kit as well so that if he ends in a bedroom with a woman, and before tearing off the condom sacket, he should breatherise her first to decide whether to continue or pull up his pants and go home.
No need for a breatheliser kit, just common sense and decency is all that's needed to realise if a woman is simply too inebriated to understand the situation.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
Many rape cases of this kind are difficult to prove in court regardless whether it is in the UAE or any other countries that allow alcohol consumption. It is quite a tricky task for a jury to decide if a particular case is actually a conscious sex or it is indeed a rape case. Because in a typical case you have a woman who was drunk, in a place where there was a bedroom, and was happily engaged in a foreplay act with the accused man and when he eventually wanted to go for it she was not sure to let him (not resisting). The next morning she wakes up and discovers what has happened and feels disgusted with herself, and rather than placing the major blame on herself she decides to make a court case against him.

Therefore, I believe the best way to solve this problem and save the tax payers all this waste of money and court time is to pass a law that prohibits a man from having sex with any woman who is on a certain level of intoxication regardless if she consent or not.

So any bloke going on a night out would be advised to take with him in addition to the packet of condoms, a breatheriser kit as well so that if he ends in a bedroom with a woman, and before tearing off the condom sacket, he should breatherise her first to decide whether to continue or pull up his pants and go home.
Nice. I am imagining the passion and foreplay now.

One minute love, I just need to breathalyze you. Also, why you are at it - could you piss on this too - I want to confirm that you are not pregnant.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Of course the perpetrator of the crime cannot use that as a defence and presumably he quite rightly got what he deserved. The point is that in terms of crime prevention if the windows had not been open there would have been a much lower chance of the crime occurring. Yes I know that in an ideal world people should be entitled to leave their windows open and not be robbed but the point that we dont live in an ideal world, and if they do leave windows open, then a robbery is more likely to happen.

Last edited by hong_konger; Jul 23rd 2013 at 5:14 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fossildog
It is reasonable advice though, but the blame is still on whoever enters through the window.

Bit like telling your kid not to get into a car with a stranger. Good advice and you would never reason that your kid should be able to get into any car with anyone and if anything happened then it was the abductors fault entirely.
Absolutely yes. The robber is still fully responsible for his crime. The point is that if you leave your windows open there is more chance of a crime occurring.

Last edited by hong_konger; Jul 23rd 2013 at 5:14 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Eh

So if I leave my windows open, I should take some of the blame for inviting someone into my home to steal???

It's a sad reflection of todays world when people think like that.
You missed my point. By leaving your windows open you stand a greater chance of getting robbed. Of course the perpetrator should not get any less of a sentence because because the windows were open and I did not suggest that.

In a perfect world we should be able to leave our windows and doors open and unlocked without being robbed and women should be able to go out alone in skimpy clothing and get leggless without being raped. Unfortunately we don't live in that ideal world.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Melca Perez, who set up the women's rights group Gabriela in early 2011, says she had plenty of experience of rape claims being dismissed by the police.

One of the most distressing cases, Ms Perez recalls, was a domestic worker who had been raped several times by her employer and on the final occasion removed her own underwear after he threatened her. After complaining to the police, she was charged with consensual sex because of this.

"Every factor is considered, like how far or strongly did the victim resist," he says.

"The incident might have started out by force then the victim might have got aroused and consented
. If this is the case then they will both be charged with adultery."

Read more: http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...#ixzz2ZqVTiuza
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

So this clarifies why she changed her statement:

In an interview with CNN, she says she began to suspect that the police did not believe her story after her first interview and was advised by a manager at her company that if she admitted the sex was consensual "it would all go away".

A spokesman for the company, Al Mana Interiors of Qatar, has denied this.

He said the suggestion came in Arabic from a police officer and that its representative acted simply as a translator.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...#ixzz2ZqX2flp0
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hong_konger
NO. YOU need to re-think !!
If you leave your windows open at night then expect to get robbed!!
I leave my doors open at night..however, I have a very protective Doberman so there is no way that I would be burgled..and before you suggest that they could just throw poisoned meat over the wall to disable him..he is a trained guard dog and therefore would never take any food offered or thrown over a wall unless it was from me. :-D
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 10:39 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
therefore would never take any food offered or thrown over a wall unless it was from me. :-D
utter shite. If he is hungry, he would eat it.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
utter shite. If he is hungry, he would eat it.
Darling..my Doberman is never hungry..he knows never to scavenge in the rubbish or to pick things up that may have been thrown over the wall.

He also never leaves the property..Dobermans are very protective and territorial..I can leave my gate up and he will never step foot over the boundary line..I wish I could say the same for my desert dog :-)
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
No need for a breatheliser kit, just common sense and decency is all that's needed to realise if a woman is simply too inebriated to understand the situation.
It also depends on what the individuals 'percieve' as being rape. Many think alot of physical force is needed, whilst a woman who is coerced into having sex might deem that rape as well. I.e, an overtly persistant man who won't take no for an answer. Hence, very difficult to prove. Especially in a country where a man and a woman alone, drunk, is 'an invitation to sex'.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

I leave my doors open at night..however, I have a very protective Doberman so there is no way that I would be burgled..and before you suggest that they could just throw poisoned meat over the wall to disable him..he is a trained guard dog and therefore would never take any food offered or thrown over a wall unless it was from me. :-D
Lol. Good point which which will probably lost on the nay sayers.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 4:48 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Darling..my Doberman is never hungry..he knows never to scavenge in the rubbish or to pick things up that may have been thrown over the wall.

He also never leaves the property..Dobermans are very protective and territorial..I can leave my gate up and he will never step foot over the boundary line..I wish I could say the same for my desert dog :-)
Fair enough