Here we go again

Old Jul 19th 2013, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we go again

What on Earth was she thinking ? Did she not have an early wake up call facility in her room ? Whilst not condoning rape, this was dim thing to do with an Af

Whilst theft is wrong you wouldn't walk through a shitty district of Nairobi at night with your Rolex and tourist Nikon SLR and expect to come back with them would you ?

The sentence is as always harsh here for the story teller
Old Jul 19th 2013, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kix

Or do you mean she had to hand it in to the police as a condition of bail?
Well..that.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Because a person has too much alcohol that is not a reason to rape her, women should be safe no matter what their level of intoxication.
xxx
Old Jul 19th 2013, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fossildog
I totally agree, I was just pointing out that alcohol is always involved in these stories and perhaps out here getting hammered is not a good idea as you leave yourself vulnerable in lots of ways.
So..to be clear... men who get drunk are ok then?? It has f**k all to do with drink, it has to do with predatory people. There are lots of men who would never, ever think about raping, accosting a woman who has had too much to drink.
Most men/women that I know would try to protect their friends who are a little worse for wear. I have always made sure that my friends have got home safely. I have taken taxi numbers, called and texted them until I know that they are home safely.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just shows you how messed up this place can be.

When I first moved here I was told by a friend if you get raped just make sure its violent otherwise never report it as you'll be in more trouble than the offender. Nice eh.

The girl made a naive and stupid mistake, it's a very sad story, but she did put herself in a vulnerable position. Whether she was here or in the UK she put herself at risk (and I am sure most women have got blind drunk and ended crashing somewhere they have thought is safe, sadly for this woman her risk taking resulted in an assault) Yes she should be able to do things without getting raped but life isn't a fairytale. There are some sick men (and women) about and assuming you can trust everyone is somewhat stupid. We all get that drunk at some point and putting yourself in essentially a strangers care is stupid wherever you are in the world.

However to then go on and be prosecuted on top of that is horrendous and I truly feel for her.

The moral of the story is do not put yourself in vulnerable situations here. Noone will look after you but yourself. It's the harsh reality of living somewhere like here.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Just shows you how messed up this place can be.

When I first moved here I was told by a friend if you get raped just make sure its violent otherwise never report it as you'll be in more trouble than the offender. Nice eh.

The girl made a naive and stupid mistake, it's a very sad story, but she did put herself in a vulnerable position. Whether she was here or in the UK she put herself at risk (and I am sure most women have got blind drunk and ended crashing somewhere they have thought is safe, sadly for this woman her risk taking resulted in an assault) Yes she should be able to do things without getting raped but life isn't a fairytale. There are some sick men (and women) about and assuming you can trust everyone is somewhat stupid. We all get that drunk at some point and putting yourself in essentially a strangers care is stupid wherever you are in the world.

However to then go on and be prosecuted on top of that is horrendous and I truly feel for her.

The moral of the story is do not put yourself in vulnerable situations here. Noone will look after you but yourself. It's the harsh reality of living somewhere like here.
I totally agree darling, however, most women..that I know... don't go anywhere on their own. I would never allow a friend of mine who was a little worse for wear to go anywhere on their own... you go out together..you go home together..girl code!
Old Jul 19th 2013, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Most men/women that I know would try to protect their friends who are a little worse for wear. I have always made sure that my friends have got home safely. I have taken taxi numbers, called and texted them until I know that they are home safely./QUOTE]

Patsy, I'm the same, if my friends get that drunk I take them home. Not everyone is like that though, lots of 'drinking friends' here that aren't really friends just acquaintances- especially for new people here.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=kittycat1;10808173]
Most men/women that I know would try to protect their friends who are a little worse for wear. I have always made sure that my friends have got home safely. I have taken taxi numbers, called and texted them until I know that they are home safely./QUOTE]

Patsy, I'm the same, if my friends get that drunk I take them home. Not everyone is like that though, lots of 'drinking friends' here that aren't really friends just acquaintances- especially for new people here.
Well, don't allow yourself to be that vulnerable without your support group darling... xxx Always protect yourself. xx
Old Jul 19th 2013, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Common sense Pats, something that can elude us all sometimes.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Common sense Pats, something that can elude us all sometimes.
Indeed darling..however, I am of an age now where I ALWAYS take care of my friends and myself ..Let's go out for a drink sometime, or am I too scary?
Old Jul 19th 2013, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scary- Pats, I am sure you are a complete pussy-cat

A drink (or 2) would be fab ( sorry no champagne smilie)
Old Jul 19th 2013, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scary- Pats, I am sure you are a complete pussy-cat
Let's not be silly now darling!!
Old Jul 19th 2013, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ha ok
Old Jul 19th 2013, 12:47 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
So..to be clear... men who get drunk are ok then?? It has f**k all to do with drink, it has to do with predatory people. There are lots of men who would never, ever think about raping, accosting a woman who has had too much to drink.
Most men/women that I know would try to protect their friends who are a little worse for wear. I have always made sure that my friends have got home safely. I have taken taxi numbers, called and texted them until I know that they are home safely.
I never said anything of the sort. Both men and women put themselves at risk when they allow themselves to get drunk out here. Thinking of all the major stories involving Brits out here over the past few years (both men and women) everyone of them has involved alcohol as a major factor.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 7:00 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Rel...h_Dalelv/?copy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.