Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Helping Hands Book/DVD Sale - Friday 29th of May

Helping Hands Book/DVD Sale - Friday 29th of May

Old May 19th 2009, 12:18 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Helping Hands Book/DVD Sale - Friday 29th of May

Hi All,

Yes it is that time again, another book/dvd sale has been organised for Friday 29th of May - 10 am onwards, at the Lakes Club. We have tons of stock but are in need of more DVD's if anyone has any they wish to donate then either PM myself, or Meow. Smoochy Girl is in Al Barsha and donations can be dropped at her place too.

Commander - you got to come this time!! I have got that Simple Minds box set sitting here for you.

Helping Hands are working flat out, they need money and lots of it. There are literally hundreds of labourers who are needing help and support in the way of flights to their home countries or help with food etc. There is a feeding programme in situ which costs thousands to run each week. I know times are hard for all of us, and many of us have lost our jobs or are experiencing salary cuts but please dig deep and spare a bit of cash for those worse off than ourselves.

Thanks
BC
Old May 19th 2009, 12:26 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Helping Hands Book/DVD Sale - Friday 29th of May

i assume due to the recession and everyone whinging incessently about pay cuts and hard times, you will be throwing in some 2 for 1 offers etc...

29 May not sure if i will be there, but ill try.

there was some lassy from Officers City who was going to donate some books the last time..cant remember who it was though..
Old May 19th 2009, 12:32 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander View Post
i assume due to the recession and everyone whinging incessently about pay cuts and hard times, you will be throwing in some 2 for 1 offers etc...

there was some lassy from Officers City who was going to donate some books the last time..cant remember who it was though..
Last time we were selling the books at 5 dhs each which is a bargain anyway!! I will have to discuss reductions with the financial wizard. If you can't come I will send DVD through with Atilla to AD, you can supply the tea and biscuits.
Old May 19th 2009, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

When our boxes arrive from the UK we will be donating. This time I will be there buying... so donate good stuff please
Old May 19th 2009, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
Hi All,

Yes it is that time again, another book/dvd sale has been organised for Friday 29th of May - 10 am onwards, at the Lakes Club. We have tons of stock but are in need of more DVD's if anyone has any they wish to donate then either PM myself, or Meow. Smoochy Girl is in Al Barsha and donations can be dropped at her place too.

Commander - you got to come this time!! I have got that Simple Minds box set sitting here for you.

Helping Hands are working flat out, they need money and lots of it. There are literally hundreds of labourers who are needing help and support in the way of flights to their home countries or help with food etc. There is a feeding programme in situ which costs thousands to run each week. I know times are hard for all of us, and many of us have lost our jobs or are experiencing salary cuts but please dig deep and spare a bit of cash for those worse off than ourselves.

Thanks
BC
hmmmmm...i maybe able to get some goodies for you guys...

Can you send some of the official schpeel...

Ill pass it onto the topdogs here and see if we can contribute...

Will there be press there?
Old May 19th 2009, 2:44 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
Hi All,

Thanks
BC
is this like an up market car boot sale then ?
Old May 19th 2009, 2:49 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by deemi786 View Post
hmmmmm...i maybe able to get some goodies for you guys...

Can you send some of the official schpeel...

Ill pass it onto the topdogs here and see if we can contribute...

Will there be press there?
will PM you
Old May 19th 2009, 2:50 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BangleMan View Post
is this like an up market car boot sale then ?
not quite but there is a bar
Old May 19th 2009, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

will try to come along again...you had my whole stash of books last time i'm afraid, but may have some dvds, will have a sort out and let you know...

MM, xx
Old May 19th 2009, 2:53 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa View Post
will try to come along again...you had my whole stash of books last time i'm afraid, but may have some dvds, will have a sort out and let you know...

MM, xx
thanks MM, we really don't need any more books, we are mobbed and have nowhere to store them, DVDs sell really well and can be easily stored afterwards.
Old May 19th 2009, 4:07 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

We will be on the look-out for kiddies books as usual...
Old May 19th 2009, 4:08 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Shadya View Post
We will be on the look-out for kiddies books as usual...
there is new kids stuff, the thing is with kids stuff it is very rarely in good condition
Old May 19th 2009, 7:05 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander View Post

If you can't afford to pay Dhs 5 for a book, then maybe you need to ask Helping Hands to support you.

You tight-arsed Scottish git.

-
Old May 19th 2009, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
If you can't afford to pay Dhs 5 for a book, then maybe you need to ask Helping Hands to support you.

You tight-arsed Scottish git.

-
u guys only selling books and dvd's or would yoube able to sell other stuff too?
Old May 20th 2009, 3:04 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by deemi786 View Post
u guys only selling books and dvd's or would yoube able to sell other stuff too?
We only have space to sell books/dvds/music CD's, we don't want to take over the entire Lake Club

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.