Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Helping Hands Abu Dhabi 5th feb

Helping Hands Abu Dhabi 5th feb

Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Helping Hands Abu Dhabi 5th feb

To celebrate the launch and kick start the fundraising you are invited to a charity dinner at my home the theme of which is "one for you two for free". The meal will be provided by a catering company who will then go into the labour camps and provide the same meal to hungry and often malnourished labourers (at a later date!). For every ticket you buy for yourself helping hands will be able to feed two labourers. It is going to be a great evening with a raffle and lots of fabulous prizes so please come along and show your support for this very worthwhile cause.

If any of you would like to attend - and I really do hope you will I will be selling tickets (a bargain at just 45 Dhs).

Please PM me if you are interested and I'll forward you a proper invite!

Nochxx
ps newgirlabouttown wrote the blurb for me and i just copied it onto here, so ta!
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

girlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to all
Default Re: Helping Hands Abu Dhabi 5th feb

Originally Posted by al dente
ps newgirlabouttown wrote the blurb for me and i just copied it onto here, so ta!

Whilst I appreciate the credit it is always preferable to see the right name in print
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by girlabouttown
Whilst I appreciate the credit it is always preferable to see the right name in print

soz, at least i hadn't prefixed you with 'old'!

x
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

wow !! well done girls!!!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
wow !! well done girls!!!
Ta Blue Cat! We've got some great prizes, including a round of golf for four from AD Golf club!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
Ta Blue Cat! We've got some great prizes, including a round of golf for four from AD Golf club!
sounds great!! if I had a villa I would do the same thing Get the Commander and his Mrs to come along
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:03 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck ladies. I hope it is a great success.

Come on AD posters - all for a good cause...

-
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

girlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Meow
Good luck ladies. I hope it is a great success.

Come on AD posters - all for a good cause...

-
Thanks and not only is it a good cause but what a bargain night out - where else can you feed yourself, your beloved plus four others all for less than 100dhs whilst feeling all warm and fuzzy at the same time !
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Only 37 tix left - roll up, roll up!!

xx
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

How many courses do you get for 45Dhs?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by benzonar
How many courses do you get for 45Dhs?
If you include the fact that you are feeding 2 others; 6! Now that's a deal.

Come on you miserable bastard, cancel the diving and turn up... You know you want to
Old Feb 7th 2009, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Dear all,

It is with great pleasure that we can report back on the success of our inaugural event on the 5th February. I hope that those of you who were able to attend will all agree that it was a resounding success and a fantastic time was had by all. As you were all aware this was very much a soft launch and we are thrilled that we managed to organise and execute the night within such a short time frame. It was unfortunate that the evening took on such an authentic twist, with the food running out after an hour and a half and it was a frightening lesson to us all how little food the labourers are provided with.

So without further ado... the news you all have been waiting for is that we raised an incredible 16,975dhs!!! Thank you, we couldn't have done this without each and every one of you!

We have so many people to thank for helping us realise such a phenomenal sum. The prize draw was an amazing success, not least due to the 'little helpers' who scribbled away frantically coping with the huge demand for tickets. Michaela, Gilly, Doug, Lucy, Tania, Alison, and Lori thank you so much.

Let us not forget why everyone was so eager to buy tickets: the exceptionally generous prizes that were so kindly donated to us. We are very grateful to Abu Dhabi Golf Club, Spearhead Gulf, Exiles Cleaning Services, True 2 Art, Dhabian Stables, Nail Art Al Wahda Mall, The National Newspaper and Nickie Fowler, cake-maker extraordinaire.

There are so many of you to thank for all the individual things which you have to done to help us raise awareness of our cause. We are just at the beginning of a long journey to help those of the most disadvantaged of our society. This has been an amazing start and we look forward to involving you in our future.

Kindest regards

Helping Hands AD
050 843 6542
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:25 am
Concierge

that is amazing!!!!! WELL DONE we are getting close to announcing a date for the book sale here, the problem is we have no stock.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Dh 16,975!!! Well done, Al Dente et al - that's brilliant!
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:56 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. Fantastic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.