Help and a question

Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:36 am
Just Joined

yoshiko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help and a question

I need to head o/s on a business trip and the connecting flight is in Dubai. As I once lived there and left with an unpaid debt behind nearly 10 years ago, will I have problems with my connecting flight? What problems am I likely to fae?

Curious!!!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 10:08 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help and a question

Originally Posted by yoshiko
I need to head o/s on a business trip and the connecting flight is in Dubai. As I once lived there and left with an unpaid debt behind nearly 10 years ago, will I have problems with my connecting flight? What problems am I likely to fae?

Curious!!!
hard to say, but after ten years I would guess they have forgotten it.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

doubt you would have any problem anyway as you would not be going through immigration
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:59 am
Just Joined

yoshiko is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks so far for this....but with connecting flights what protocall do you go through?
Old Apr 5th 2010, 12:32 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yoshiko
thanks so far for this....but with connecting flights what protocall do you go through?
you just go to the transit lounge as far as I am aware, I haven't actually transitted through Dubai
Old Apr 5th 2010, 12:37 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you just go to the transit lounge as far as I am aware, I haven't actually transitted through Dubai
I've been through Dubai on transit just last year, with Emirates on the way to Doha. I went into the terminal and waited in the departure lounge for my next flight.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

If it's the same airline/a codeshare flight and your bags are ticketed all the way through, you should expect not to have to go through immigration.

However, if your bags are not ticketed through, ie you have to collect them from the carousel and then check them in again for the next flight, then you will have to go through immigration.