Help Me Name My Book

Old Mar 19th 2013, 5:35 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help Me Name My Book

Dear BE'ers,

In my spare time I have been tapping away at my keyboard, perhaps an attempt to prove the theorem that with an infinite amount of time and monkeys it would be possible to write Hamlet.
Anyhow it seems the seventy odd thousand words were the easy part and the final few words of the title are the difficult part.
Much like my work time sheets I have completed a work of fiction set in the Middle East generally about a man going through an identity crisis.

To be read in the voice of the narrator of When Police Chases Go Wild:

We find our hero at the end of his tether, tired of the rat race, and bored with the endless drone of work. Worn out swimming against the tide, the shine has worn off his life in the Middle East. Simply he has just had enough.
A whiskey fuelled evening finally prompts him to do something radical; it’s time to profit from the misery of others. From his family, his friends, his work colleagues, and the expatriate lifestyle he has come to despise.
For every person who wanted to start again and didn’t have the guts, for every person who felt something is wrong but dared not say it. Our hero strikes out for all the empty shells, all the unfulfilled people, anyone who has ever asked 'Is that it?' But most importantly only for himself. Morality is still for other people.

Inspiring stuff eh?

Anyhow what's in it for you I hear? Well of course an acknowledgement in the book for the new title, your own free copy of the book and the smug knowledge that you, yes you provided the title of what will no doubt go on to top international best seller lists.
To all fans of shoddily built tower blocks, hotels, bridges, airports etc please don't fret as I will not be quitting my day job (this will become readily apparent on reading the book)

So please fire ahead with suggestions and if I get a few good ones I will put up a poll.

Last edited by weasel decentral; Mar 19th 2013 at 6:13 am. Reason: Becuse I cant speel
Old Mar 19th 2013, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Me Name My Book

Dave
Old Mar 19th 2013, 5:47 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

'Working in the Middle East ****s you up'. Not very catchy, but encapsulates the general theme.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

How to lose friends and alienate people
Old Mar 19th 2013, 5:52 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad View Post
'Working in the Middle East ****s you up'. Not very catchy, but encapsulates the general theme.
Yes well that's the general feeling true.

Not sure if I want to print **** on the front cover though
Old Mar 19th 2013, 5:54 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

1) Dropout
2) Returning the favor
3) My shit book
4) Exit from Utopia
5) Using the left hand
6) Left is the only way
7) Shaft
Old Mar 19th 2013, 5:55 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

you cant polish a turd: an expats life
Old Mar 19th 2013, 5:58 am
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
1) Dropout
2) Returning the favor
3) My shit book
4) Exit from Utopia
5) Using the left hand
6) Left is the only way
7) Shaft
My book of shit, shirley?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 6:02 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Two Buckets

"ex-patriot": did you mean that, or am I suffering from sarcasm-deficit?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 6:03 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Two Buckets

I spotted that. I did consider 'Typo' as a suggestion.

Typo: Like Argo but without the drama
Old Mar 19th 2013, 6:04 am
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Two Buckets

It was meant sort of sarcastically but perhaps its better changed.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 6:09 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

It hurts when I breathe...
The Sand Pit
IBM (as in Insh'Allah, Bukrah, Mahlesh)
Was it worth it?
Now you're not going to believe this...
Uncivil engineering
Ex-patriot Expatriate
Old Mar 19th 2013, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

From Rack to Ruin
All that Glitters
Heaven Help Me
Pearls before Swine (mebbe not that one, on reflection)
Dust, Straw and Feathers (byron quote)
Old Mar 19th 2013, 6:20 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

False pride & unfounded prejudice
Sand on the run
Time travel & glass towers
Vanity Unfair
Old Mar 19th 2013, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Right, that's it
The Change
Enough is enough
The burst bubble
Burj Splurge
Lost in the desert
Broken City
The Ivory Towers

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.