Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Help me do my job #999999999999

Help me do my job #999999999999

Old Nov 18th 2009, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help me do my job #999999999999

I am looking for educational cards about the desert and/or the ocean, they are to be put in a give-away kids bag with all kinds of other goodies, like a desert/ocean puzzle (which was very easy to find).

Basically what I need is playing cards size cards with all kinds of (fun) facts about the desert and ocean. Think about Flora & Fauna, biggest ocean, deepest ocean, smallest animal, largest one and on and on, perhaps of those animals as well. Childrens age category would be between 2 to 7 and we are looking to buy at least 100 decks each to start with.

Here's the dealbreaker: price cannot be over 15Dhs.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:47 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help me do my job #999999999999

Have you traipsed around some toy shops?

Or googled for suppliers of such items?

-
Old Nov 18th 2009, 9:37 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried asking Spugsy?
Old Nov 18th 2009, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Have you traipsed around some toy shops?

Or googled for suppliers of such items?

-
Yes and yes.

Going back to Dubai on Friday to try some more shops as trying to explain it on the phone is useless with some people. I did try to google, but it needs to be a local supplier (UAE), and most barely have websites.

Was even looking into the possibility to try and let them make it specially for us but the ones I found are waaaaay to expensive.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Euc- View Post
Yes and yes.

Going back to Dubai on Friday to try some more shops as trying to explain it on the phone is useless with some people. I did try to google, but it needs to be a local supplier (UAE), and most barely have websites.

Was even looking into the possibility to try and let them make it specially for us but the ones I found are waaaaay to expensive.
Ask your boss for help. I hear she's quite accommodating..........
Old Nov 19th 2009, 4:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Euc- View Post
I am looking for educational cards about the desert and/or the ocean, they are to be put in a give-away kids bag with all kinds of other goodies, like a desert/ocean puzzle (which was very easy to find).

Basically what I need is playing cards size cards with all kinds of (fun) facts about the desert and ocean. Think about Flora & Fauna, biggest ocean, deepest ocean, smallest animal, largest one and on and on, perhaps of those animals as well. Childrens age category would be between 2 to 7 and we are looking to buy at least 100 decks each to start with.

Here's the dealbreaker: price cannot be over 15Dhs.
try the Aquarium shop at Dubai Mall but tell them you want in bulk and that you will promote their aquarium?
Old Nov 19th 2009, 4:47 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

last time spugsy tried this shit he got pumped....
Old Nov 19th 2009, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
try the Aquarium shop at Dubai Mall but tell them you want in bulk and that you will promote their aquarium?
That could work, don't think Marketing would agree but I can give it a go, thanks
Old Nov 19th 2009, 8:44 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Have you tried asking Spugsy?
this is crackers, even by my standards.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 8:46 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander View Post
last time spugsy tried this shit he got pumped....
heh, you're a bad whopper.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 9:20 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
heh, you're a bad whopper.
only kiddin..any joy on the job front?

fingers crossed for you.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 1:46 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by commander View Post
only kiddin..any joy on the job front?

fingers crossed for you.
aye had 2 interviews this week, they both want me, they now need to speak to the CEOs of the companies and see what can be sorted, also one wants to take me on in December for some freelance, so things are looking positive.

Cheers mind.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 1:51 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
aye had 2 interviews this week, they both want me, they now need to speak to the CEOs of the companies and see what can be sorted, also one wants to take me on in December for some freelance, so things are looking positive.

Cheers mind.