British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Help geeks- IT question- dropbox (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/help-geeks-question-dropbox-806282/)

kittycat1 Aug 17th 2013 8:23 am

Help geeks- IT question- dropbox

Hi,

I need some help from an IT geek please.

I regularly use Dropbox for image transfer and have recently been sent some imagery from a supplier in China. Somehow between logging on and opening the file they sent me, I have managed to change my dropbox homepage into Chinese and I can't read anything. no idea how I've done it and also no idea how to undo.:confused:

Anyone?

Help me please :(

I should add that I know the little icon at the bottom of the right hand corner lets you select the language however I only seem to be able to chaneg the homepage it them goes back to chinese..

Ta

KC

Patsy Stoned Aug 17th 2013 9:58 am

Re: Help geeks- IT question- dropbox

Here you go sweetie...hope this helps xx

https://www.dropbox.com/help/31/en

Bahtatboy Aug 17th 2013 11:58 am

If Patsy's link doesn't help, send me a screen shot of the screen in Dropbox where you think you changed things, and I'll see if I can help. :D

Millhouse Aug 17th 2013 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10855160)
If Patsy's link doesn't help, send me a screen shot of the screen in Dropbox where you think you changed things, and I'll see if I can help. :D

Wow - it'll be the first innocent use of the iphone translator app.

Bahtatboy Aug 17th 2013 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10855237)
Wow - it'll the first innocent use of the iphone translator app.

How d'you know it'll be innocent?

Irishbeekeeper Aug 17th 2013 2:46 pm

you know back in the IRC chat days, I had a girl convinced I could speak spanish for the good part of a year :D
good old non-google days

Patsy Stoned Aug 17th 2013 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 10855350)
you know back in the IRC chat days, I had a girl convinced I could speak spanish for the good part of a year :D
good old non-google days

Hola guapo, como estas? (sorry I don't have an upside down question mark on my keyboard)

flares Aug 17th 2013 4:39 pm

can you not enrol on some Mandarin classes

Irishbeekeeper Aug 17th 2013 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10855429)
Hola guapo, como estas? (sorry I don't have an upside down question mark on my keyboard)

Eres mi princesa gracias, estoy bien, y tu? :D

Millhouse Aug 17th 2013 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 10855491)
can you not enrol on some Mandarin classes

Bathatboy studied Mandarin for many years in Abu Dhabi.

Irishbeekeeper Aug 17th 2013 5:21 pm

the quickest way to learn a language is to go to jail in said country
or so hollywood tells me!

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 18th 2013 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 10855497)
Eres mi princesa gracias, estoy bien, y tu? :D

Saco la basura, bastardo!

flares Aug 18th 2013 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10855520)
Bathatboy studied Mandarin for many years in Abu Dhabi.

Are you saying he can now peel one with no hands?

Irishbeekeeper Aug 18th 2013 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10856110)
Saco la basura, bastardo!

y el camello le gusta otro hombre, que el hombre del arco iris!
:rofl::rofl:

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 18th 2013 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 10856140)
y el camello le gusta otro hombre, que el hombre del arco iris!
:rofl::rofl:

I finished studying Spanish nine years ago, but google translate unreliably informs me that you're referring to a man's camel and that they might be 'a man of the rainbow' ? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Irishbeekeeper Aug 18th 2013 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10856155)
I finished studying Spanish nine years ago, but google translate unreliably informs me that you're referring to a man's camel and that they might be 'a man of the rainbow' ? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ha! tiene que amar a domingos, los lunes de dubai

and I have learnt, the more flowery the language you put in google translate, the more fun it is!

and back on topic, did the dropbox change back to english or not then?

kittycat1 Aug 20th 2013 8:29 pm

Thanks all, managed to get it sorted, ok I didn't, I gave up as was taking far too long, I had to call one of my IT geeks from work when they were back after the weekend. All back and working now :D

where would we be without IT geeks?

But thank you all for your help :thumbsup:

WibblyWobblyTimeyWimey Aug 20th 2013 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10860762)
Thanks all, managed to get it sorted, ok I didn't, I gave up as was taking far too long, I had to call one of my IT geeks from work when they were back after the weekend. All back and working now :D

where would we be without IT geeks?

But thank you all for your help :thumbsup:

Hi kitty. Can you please message me? I'd like to get in touch with you regarding one of your posts.

kittycat1 Aug 21st 2013 4:26 am

wibbly - I am sure you can ask on the open forum, don't be shy- we are all friends.

Millhouse Aug 21st 2013 5:20 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10861272)
wibbly - I am sure you can ask on the open forum, don't be shy- we are all friends.

the suspense is killing me

kittycat1 Aug 21st 2013 2:38 pm

Millhouse, i made a regrettable post once upon a time which has been interpretted that one of the brands I work for sell sextoys. Obviously I do not as that is illegal here and whilst we sell sexy lingerie we are not the Ann Summers of the Middle East, we sell boudoir lingerie and some accessoires but absolutely no sex toys. So unless that is a standard email female posters get on here, I put it down to my unfortunate post, which if people read it properly clearly says we don't sell toys, but judging by the number of PMs I recieve asking where you can buy a dildo from clearly men cannot read properly and clearly if we did sell them we would be billionaires.

Just to make it clear I do not replly to these emails as the answer is on here in the open forum, you cannot buy them here and I will not reply to a PM entitled Dildo shop....

Millhouse Aug 21st 2013 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10862122)
Millhouse, i made a regrettable post once upon a time which has been interpretted that one of the brands I work for sell sextoys. Obviously I do not as that is illegal here and whilst we sell sexy lingerie we are not the Ann Summers of the Middle East, we sell boudoir lingerie and some accessoires but absolutely no sex toys. So unless that is a standard email female posters get on here, I put it down to my unfortunate post, which if people read it properly clearly says we don't sell toys, but judging by the number of PMs I recieve asking where you can buy a dildo from clearly men cannot read properly and clearly if we did sell them we would be billionaires.

Just to make it clear I do not replly to these emails as the answer is on here in the open forum, you cannot buy them here and I will not reply to a PM entitled Dildo shop....

OIC. Isn't the obvious reply to tell them to go **** themselves?

Irishbeekeeper Aug 21st 2013 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10862177)
OIC. Isn't the obvious reply to tell them to go **** themselves?

and then tell them where to find that appendage? ;)

kittycat1 Aug 21st 2013 3:14 pm

lol Millhouse, but how could they without a dildo?

Anyway I find it best to ignore these mails as otherwise you get replies to your reply which can end up as a somewhat dodgy conversation and whilst it is quite normal for me to be sat at work talking about gussets or lackof them and nipple tassles etc to discuss it with a strange man normally involves a few glasses of vino at least.

Irishbeekeeper Aug 21st 2013 3:27 pm

What an intriguing job! and I mean that in the nicest way possible :)

Bahtatboy Aug 21st 2013 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10862190)
lol Millhouse, but how could they without a dildo?

Anyway I find it best to ignore these mails as otherwise you get replies to your reply which can end up as a somewhat dodgy conversation and whilst it is quite normal for me to be sat at work talking about gussets or lackof them and nipple tassles etc to discuss it with a strange man normally involves a few glasses of vino at least.

I'll pop round with a bottle of plonk, then. 8 o'clock good for you?

kittycat1 Aug 21st 2013 4:07 pm

still at work bahtatboy- I'm slowly getting buried under my desk by knickers and bras

Bahtatboy Aug 21st 2013 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10862268)
still at work bahtatboy- I'm slowly getting buried under my desk by knickers and bras

Yeah, me too.

OleJanx Aug 21st 2013 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10862268)

sounds a bit pants.