British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   HELP! Anyone know Jeep part prices - getting ripped off! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/help-anyone-know-jeep-part-prices-getting-ripped-off-630526/)

Autonomy Sep 13th 2009 12:15 pm

HELP! Anyone know Jeep part prices - getting ripped off!

Jesus.

Jeep Wrangler parts:-

Flywheel assy = 1,500dhs
clutch pkg = 1,400dhs
bearing clutch = 375dhs (x2??)

3,000dhs labour...

what the hell?

8,500dhs total bill....

are these figures right? or is Futtaim massively ripping me off?

shiva Sep 13th 2009 12:47 pm

Re: HELP! Anyone know Jeep part prices - getting ripped off!

give these guys a call, ask for phil

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dubai/...s/217607330537

if you cant get hold of them pm me and i'll forward a mobile no.

Cry haddock Sep 14th 2009 5:45 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 7927609)
give these guys a call, ask for phil

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dubai/...s/217607330537

if you cant get hold of them pm me and i'll forward a mobile no.

Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. Perhaps a project for our Aussie mutually friend to help with?

Autonomy Sep 14th 2009 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Cry haddock (Post 7929292)
Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. Perhaps a project for our Aussie mutually friend to help with?

I'll have to bite the bullet - it's not movable and it's at the Jeep service center...

Have got them down a bit and should get this down again... painful.

Might sell it soon as I get the feeling this maybe the first of many repairs...

shiva Sep 14th 2009 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Cry haddock (Post 7929292)

out of interest why? pm if necessary

Cry haddock Sep 14th 2009 9:23 am

Regarding the main dealer....
I've run a jeep for 5 years and the dealer service always struck me as a little expensive from the start (compared to the wife's car). Then they refused to repair a clear manufacturing fault in the windscreen which only became obvious when i got tired of the tint across the top of the screen and had it taken off. There is a giant thumb print inbetween the glass layers of the windscreen for gods sake.
Then the car reached 3 years old and then end of the waranty (planned obselesence i reckon) and expensive things began to break - a few thousand dirhams a year in repairs have been required since then.
With the caveat that this is just my experience, I would not buy another jeep.

Regarding robbies motorsport....no experience of them.
CH

shiva Sep 14th 2009 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Cry haddock (Post 7929701)
I've run a jeep for 5 years and the dealer service always struck me as a little expensive from the start (compared to the wife's car). Then they refused to repair a clear manufacturing fault in the windscreen which only became obvious when i got tired of the tint across the top of the screen and had it taken off. There is a giant thumb print inbetween the glass layers of the windscreen for gods sake.
Then the car reached 3 years old and then end of the waranty (planned obselesence i reckon) and expensive things began to break - a few thousand dirhams a year in repairs have been required since then.
With the caveat that this is just my experience, I would not buy another jeep.
CH

fair enough but what on earth has that got to do with robbies motorsports and your comment "wouldnt touch trust them" ?

Cry haddock Sep 14th 2009 9:55 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 7929766)
fair enough but what on earth has that got to do with robbies motorsports and your comment "wouldnt touch trust them" ?

Oh Jesus - my mistake - my ire is reserved for main dealer TEnt.. - I have no experience of Robbies and ballsed up my rant (obviously).
Apologies,
CH

shiva Sep 14th 2009 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Cry haddock (Post 7929769)
Oh Jesus - my mistake - my ire is reserved for main dealer TEnt.. - I have no experience of Robbies and ballsed up my rant (obviously).
Apologies,
CH

lol no probs, had me worried i'd recommended badly.

just to clarify, i have had some stuff done at robbies and know the guys, they arent the cheapest in town but they are jeep/4x4 nutters who know what they are on about and probably hate the stealerships more than most.

ps for the cheapest guys go look for the bangladeshi garages with a hammer and cutting torch, they can fix anything for a couple hundred aed but tbh how long any repair lasts is entirely in allahs hands