British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   HELP ! Any ideas ???? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/help-any-ideas-599307/)

pauldxb Mar 23rd 2009 9:29 am

HELP ! Any ideas ????

I have just returned from the gym I walked into my bedroom & i saw that my glass balcony door is completely smashed..... it looks like a smashed car windscreen ! WTF !!!! How did it happen i dont know, Nakheel say it could be the change of tempreture or the house settling in or a bird flew in to it.... Are they serious ! Either way I need to get it changed ASAP all i can hear is cracking............. so who do I call ? Emirates glass will supply the glass but not install it does anyone know of a company that can purchase & install the glas URGENTLY !

BangleMan Mar 23rd 2009 9:32 am

Re: HELP ! Any ideas ????

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7409193)
I have just returned from the gym I walked into my bedroom & i saw that my glass balcony door is completely smashed..... it looks like a smashed car windscreen ! WTF !!!! How did it happen i dont know, Nakheel say it could be the change of tempreture or the house settling in or a bird flew in to it.... Are they serious ! Either way I need to get it changed ASAP all i can hear is cracking............. so who do I call ? Emirates glass will supply the glass but not install it does anyone know of a company that can purchase & install the glas URGENTLY !

Ghostbusters ?

Spugsy Mar 23rd 2009 9:34 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7409210)
Ghostbusters ?

you really are an 'orrible *****....

BangleMan Mar 23rd 2009 9:35 am

Cant the concierge give you the number of a glazier ?

BangleMan Mar 23rd 2009 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7409217)

You try and help someone out and get abuse....what is this board coming to.....Im going to have to say goodbye sooner or later

Blue Cat Mar 23rd 2009 9:36 am

there are alot of glass shops down in Satwa? I heard someone talking about www.askali.com, said it was a helpful site, haven't checked it yet.

Blue Cat Mar 23rd 2009 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7409217)

:eek: Spugsy :(

Spugsy Mar 23rd 2009 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7409232)

heh heh...

BangleMan Mar 23rd 2009 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7409232)

Thank you BC.....I was shocked at the aggression in that post

Blue Cat Mar 23rd 2009 9:39 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7409239)
Thank you BC.....I was shocked at the aggression in that post

I have to defend him when all is said and done, I think he wasn't thinking before posting :thumbup:

Spugsy Mar 23rd 2009 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7409247)
I have to defend him when all is said and done, I think he wasn't thinking before posting :thumbup:

you never seen 'withnail and I?'

BangleMan Mar 23rd 2009 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7409247)

and the difference from any other post, being what exactly ?

Blue Cat Mar 23rd 2009 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7409251)
you never seen 'withnail and I?'

no?

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7409258)
and the difference from any other post, being what exactly ?

come off it he aint like that all the time

Poitin Mar 23rd 2009 9:42 am

You guys made me laugh!!!:rofl::rofl:

Nahkeel are (nice word here) clowns!!!

Who does the maint on the building?? Probably more clowns;)

Spugsy Mar 23rd 2009 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7409266)
no?

come off it he aint like that all the time

ah it's a quote from that film, where his uncle is a real pain in the arse and he says 'uncle monty, you really are a terrible *****'.

Spugsy Mar 23rd 2009 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Poitin (Post 7409267)

maint?

Poitin Mar 23rd 2009 9:50 am

maintenance........

forgive me:)

Spugsy Mar 23rd 2009 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Poitin (Post 7409304)
maintenance........

forgive me:)

you are forgiven.

pauldxb Mar 23rd 2009 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Poitin (Post 7409267)

villa not a building so i dont have a maintenance contract

pauldxb Mar 23rd 2009 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7409228)
there are alot of glass shops down in Satwa? I heard someone talking about www.askali.com, said it was a helpful site, haven't checked it yet.

:thumbdown: to that site

lionheart Mar 23rd 2009 10:31 am

Yours truly was called out by an insurance company several months ago to investigate a spate of three picture window breakages in a prestigious seaview tower and was told that the occupants must have broken them accidentally. Upon further investigation, it was soon evident that over ten similar windows in the same tower had likewise fractured, the cause being a combination of a defective batch of glass and shoddy installation. The insurance claim was a try-on. It 's yet another example of the quality of construction over here. Don't ask me about the World Trade Centre Residences and their leaking water pipes...:thumbdown:

pauldxb Mar 23rd 2009 10:39 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7409461)
Yours truly was called out by an insurance company several months ago to investigate a spate of three picture window breakages in a prestigious seaview tower and was told that the occupants must have broken them accidentally. Upon further investigation, it was soon evident that over ten similar windows in the same tower had likewise fractured, the cause being a combination of a defective batch of glass and shoddy installation. The insurance claim was a try-on. It 's yet another example of the quality of construction over here. Don't ask me about the World Trade Centre Residences and their leaking water pipes...:thumbdown:

I appreciate the informative information but its no help to me in my current situation can you recomend anyone ?

Blue Cat Mar 23rd 2009 11:02 am

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7409435)
:thumbdown: to that site

saved me checking it :thumbup:

Blue Cat Mar 23rd 2009 11:05 am

http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/mess...?TopicID=42311

pauldxb Mar 23rd 2009 1:22 pm

I have spoke to Nakheel & to be suprise they will replace the glass subject to an engineer’s approval BUT I have to wait until Sunday as this person is currently on holiday ! He will assess the damage & arrange a replacement piece to be made. You can’t buy these off the shelf as they are toughened, double glazed & tinted. My friend at Nakheel cannot guarantee this will be a quick fix so I have somebody coming to give me a quote.

There are thunderstorms on the way & it can get very windy where i live...... Nakheel say the glass will not collapse ???? Fingers Crossed

Poitin Mar 23rd 2009 1:39 pm

On holiday!!!
Who takes holiday when your jobs at risk???

Good god I'm bored today - must get off this computer:)

shiva Mar 23rd 2009 2:46 pm

gaffa tape the glas now, or even sellotape, will assist it greatly in staying in 1 piece. (sorry its already in more than 1 piece, ok help it to stay in the frame at least!)

you mentioned settling in passing, do nakheel honestly believe that glass shattering due to the whole frigging island sinking is normal or even acceptable?????

pauldxb Mar 23rd 2009 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 7410049)
gaffa tape the glas now, or even sellotape, will assist it greatly in staying in 1 piece. (sorry its already in more than 1 piece, ok help it to stay in the frame at least!)

you mentioned settling in passing, do nakheel honestly believe that glass shattering due to the whole frigging island sinking is normal or even acceptable?????

already put some masking tape on it & then a transparent dust mat over the top incase the worst happens, thanks anyway

commander Mar 24th 2009 8:28 am

quality houses on the palm:rofl::rofl:

pauldxb Mar 24th 2009 8:33 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7412908)
quality houses on the palm:rofl::rofl:

This is the 1st default ive ever had at my villa..... I wouldnt choose to live anywhere else in Dubai, its unfortunate but these things happen at every development

TGFKASE Mar 24th 2009 8:35 am

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7412925)
This is the 1st default ive ever had at my villa..... I wouldnt choose to live anywhere else in Dubai, its unfortunate but these things happen at every development in Dubai...

Ive corrected that for you.....lol

commander Mar 24th 2009 8:37 am

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7412925)
This is the 1st default ive ever had at my villa..... I wouldnt choose to live anywhere else in Dubai, its unfortunate but these things happen at every development

Yea your correct. The palm does look lovely...

Wouldnt mind renting an apartment there if we move back.

Hopefully the villa's rentals will drop to 200K:ohmy::ohmy: