British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   HELP! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/help-752200/)

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 20th 2012 3:12 pm

HELP!

Guys + Girls,

I know you lot are nice people, this chap has just emailed me asking for a loan. He seems like a real straight shooter so if anyone can help then PM me for his email address....

Sorry i had to contact you this way, I left on a trip to the United Kingdom for an urgent business . I'm presently in Great Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire and i am having some difficulties here because i was robbed at the park of the hotel where i stayed. i want you to please assist me with a loan of $3,470 to sort out my hotel bills and to get myself back home.

I've been to the Embassy and the Police here but they're not responding to the issue effectively, i will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist me with, i will refund the money back to you as soon as i return, Please let me know if you can help. I'm freaked out at the moment! i don't have a phone where i can be reached so please email me.

Best regards

Basem Sadek

OriginalSunshine Mar 20th 2012 3:23 pm

Re: HELP!

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9963017)
Guys + Girls,

I know you lot are nice people, this chap has just emailed me asking for a loan. He seems like a real straight shooter so if anyone can help then PM me for his email address....

Sorry i had to contact you this way, I left on a trip to the United Kingdom for an urgent business . I'm presently in Great Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire and i am having some difficulties here because i was robbed at the park of the hotel where i stayed. i want you to please assist me with a loan of $3,470 to sort out my hotel bills and to get myself back home.

I've been to the Embassy and the Police here but they're not responding to the issue effectively, i will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist me with, i will refund the money back to you as soon as i return, Please let me know if you can help. I'm freaked out at the moment! i don't have a phone where i can be reached so please email me.

Best regards

Basem Sadek

I guess he can still receive money via Western Union though? :sneaky:

Scubaroo Mar 20th 2012 3:27 pm

Sounds familiar! Got this one last week amongst the usual.. using an old colleagues email account but chaging the return address slightly (rn instead of m in the address).

Have you visited 419eaters dot com? very amusing, I like the 'fish on head' proof of identity!

===
Sorry to bother you about this
I am presently in Spain and am facing some difficulties here because i misplaced my wallet where my money and credit card were kept. Presently my passport and belongings have been seized by the hotel management pending when i settle my bills.

I need you to lend me 1,500 USD to settle my hotel bills and get myself back home. I have reported the incident to the police here but they are not responding to the matter effectively.

I will reimburse the money as soon as i return. Please let me know if you can be of help ASAP. I don't have a phone where i can be reached, i only have limited access to internet here.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 20th 2012 3:30 pm

[QUOTE=Scubaroo;9963056]
Have you visited 419eaters dot com? very amusing, I like the 'fish on head' proof of identity!

[QUOTE]

Shit. 419eaters. That's the one, I've just spent 10 mins googling trying to find.

Some of them where they have been made to craft wooden stuff etc etc. AMAZING.

Scubaroo Mar 20th 2012 3:40 pm

indeed, some of the correspondence between the 419ers and baiters is truly gold.

and this from Oz, doesn't say much for brisvegas types tho,

Link: news.smh [dot com dot au] /breaking-news-national/aussie-woman-scammed-nigerians-court-20120223-1tpru.html

Bahtatboy Mar 20th 2012 5:19 pm

Scamp, Basem's legit. He had some problems in Germany last April--got mugged in Dusseldorf (of all places); I lent him 950 Euros, he paid me back 1,100 as soon as he got back. Just send the money to me and I'll pass it on to him. I've PM'd you my a/c details.

Robajob Mar 20th 2012 5:39 pm

Great Grimsby?

He's definitely never set foot there....

OleJanx Mar 20th 2012 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Robajob (Post 9963296)
Great Grimsby?

He's definitely never set foot there....

If the poor chap is in Grimsby, it's no wonder he needs $3470. It's probably just a couple of hours drinking that needs covering...

Robajob Mar 20th 2012 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by OleJanx (Post 9963313)
If the poor chap is in Grimsby, it's no wonder he needs $3470. It's probably just a couple of hours drinking that needs covering...

I dunno, for that sort of money he might be able to make it all the way to the fleshpots of Cleethorpes...

Miss Anne Thrope Mar 21st 2012 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Robajob (Post 9963327)
I dunno, for that sort of money he might be able to make it all the way to the fleshpots of Cleethorpes...

Or find the ****** in Scunthorpe.

I'll get me coat.....