British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Hello, good evening and RIP (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/hello-good-evening-rip-807858/)

Meow Sep 1st 2013 11:09 am

Hello, good evening and RIP

RIP Sir David Frost. Aged 74 and apparently died of a heart attack.

He had an interesting life and ignoring the Through the Keyhole nonsense he did some great interviews, not to mention the satire of TW3 (That Was The Week That Was - before my time!).

Just having a google and it seems that his first interview with Richard Nixon back in 1977 drew 45 million viewers, a record that still stands today. His interview with fraudster Emil Savundra (yes I had to hunt down the name) was quality too.

mikelincs Sep 1st 2013 11:15 am

Re: Hello, good evening and RIP

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880263)
RIP Sir David Frost. Aged 74 and apparently died of a heart attack.

He had an interesting life and ignoring the Through the Keyhole nonsense he did some great interviews, not to mention the satire of TW3 (That Was The Week That Was - before my time!).

Just having a google and it seems that his first interview with Richard Nixon back in 1977 drew 45 million viewers, a record that still stands today. His interview with fraudster Emil Savundra (yes I had to hunt down the name) was quality too.

He was a quality interviewer with all subjects. TW3 was brilliant ground breaking television.

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 11:55 am

Eammon Holmes said earlier he was not a Veteran broadcaster but a legendary one, thought that was nice. RIP

Meow Sep 1st 2013 1:02 pm

Political journo friend in London says David Frost had been due to interview David Cameron next week.

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880410)
Political journo friend in London says David Frost had been due to interview David Cameron next week.

this is how rumours start ...

Meow Sep 1st 2013 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10880425)
this is how rumours start ...

Political journo in the know, working for a UK newspaper. Not someone guessing on the internet. Loads of people would have known about something like that anyway.

nonthaburi Sep 2nd 2013 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880410)

Expect the thought of prolonged close contact with Cameron brought on the heart attack .

Brains1983 Sep 2nd 2013 7:40 am

Who lives in a hearse like this?

britexpat76 Sep 2nd 2013 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 10881408)
Who lives in a hearse like this?

:rofl::rofl: