British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Hello folks (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/hello-folks-554590/)

Face81 Aug 11th 2008 1:44 pm

Hello folks

Hello to all of those I know and to all of those I don't as well :D

How's everyone been?

Have heard a lot of the site in the past few weeks and after an extended absence, I thought I'd take two minutes before heading home for the day and drop in to say hello :)

Confucius Aug 11th 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Hello folks

Originally Posted by Face81 (Post 6668846)

How's everyone been?

Have heard a lot of the site in the past few weeks and after an extended absence, I thought I'd take two minutes before heading home for the day and drop in to say hello :)

Next time, try and take 2 months and stay on BE a bit longer!!!

Bob Aug 11th 2008 6:37 pm

Blimey...been a while, so how goes it? finished your studies yet?

Face81 Aug 12th 2008 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6669363)
Next time, try and take 2 months and stay on BE a bit longer!!!

ha ha... I'll try :o How have you been anyway?

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 6669567)
Blimey...been a while, so how goes it? finished your studies yet?

Hello! :lol: yep, all degreed and working now :thumbsup: How about you? What have you been up to? Any more furry critters running around your house yet? ;)

Autonomy Aug 12th 2008 5:28 am

How's everyone been?

:blink: hello stranger... how are you? I'm not sure if half the people here you will know anymore! Hope all is good with you...

shiva Aug 12th 2008 5:41 am

Hey buddy, congrats on finishing. Where you working? Dubai?

Face81 Aug 12th 2008 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 6670933)
:blink: hello stranger... how are you? I'm not sure if half the people here you will know anymore! Hope all is good with you...

All good, thanks, just been very busy over the past few months, running around, job hunting, graduating, completing my dissertation, etc...

It's good to see that some of you are still around, so atleat I know some of you... My glass is always half full :)

How have you been?

Face81 Aug 12th 2008 5:56 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 6670942)
Hey buddy, congrats on finishing. Where you working? Dubai?

Hey dude! :D

Thanks... yeah, I'm working at a Consultancy in Dubai as an Analyst... It's close to 90% of what I was looking to do, which is great. It's a good start, but my mind is set on leaving Dubai behind in the near future, so watch this space :)

How about you? How have you been? What are you up to these days? We should catch up one afternoon.

Welivehere Aug 12th 2008 6:01 am

How's everyone been?

Bloody hell. Hello stranger and welcome back...

Glad to hear thing are going well for you... 5.44 and heading home for the day, now that's my mind kind of job... :D

You going to be around for a while now?

shiva Aug 12th 2008 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Face81 (Post 6670976)
Hey dude! :D

Thanks... yeah, I'm working at a Consultancy in Dubai as an Analyst... It's close to 90% of what I was looking to do, which is great. It's a good start, but my mind is set on leaving Dubai behind in the near future, so watch this space :)

How about you? How have you been? What are you up to these days? We should catch up one afternoon.

Top stuff Face. I am off to UK at end of this week for 2 weeks but when i'm back definately

Face81 Aug 12th 2008 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Welivehere (Post 6670983)
Bloody hell. Hello stranger and welcome back...

Glad to hear thing are going well for you... 5.44 and heading home for the day, now that's my mind kind of job... :D

You going to be around for a while now?

I might be......

A half 8 start to a 6pm finish is a long day, matey ;)

Face81 Aug 12th 2008 6:59 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 6670987)
Top stuff Face. I am off to UK at end of this week for 2 weeks but when i'm back definately

Cool. I look forward to it

I was over in London a couple of weeks ago myself for my graduation and the weather was close to perfect - cool and sunny. Brilliant! :D

Confucius Aug 12th 2008 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Face81 (Post 6670925)
ha ha... I'll try :o How have you been anyway?

Hello! :lol: yep, all degreed and working now :thumbsup: How about you? What have you been up to? Any more furry critters running around your house yet? ;)

Great to hear all went well with you,kiddo...
I'm great as always, thanks...I'm still beating myself up for not responding to your last text, circa Dec '07...

Fairydust Aug 12th 2008 5:56 pm

Hey glad all went well and congrats on the job :thumbup:

Bob Aug 12th 2008 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Face81 (Post 6670925)

No more furry critters, just the two, but do have a baby now, born last April :)

Apart from not much here :)

Face81 Aug 13th 2008 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6672705)
Great to hear all went well with you,kiddo...
I'm great as always, thanks...I'm still beating myself up for not responding to your last text, circa Dec '07...

Mish mushkila, as they say :)

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 6672793)
Hey glad all went well and congrats on the job :thumbup:

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 6673928)
No more furry critters, just the two, but do have a baby now, born last April :)

Apart from not much here :)

Wow! Congratulations!!! :thumbsup: Tried to give myself a new animated avatar and got told that animated ones weren't allowed :p