hello from abudhabi

Old Jan 25th 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello from abudhabi

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
aww...we miss you...

yep, was good fun last night...hopefully you will be able to come along to the next one...

MM, xx
AH thanks chuck

no pics?

Just sent u a pm
Old Jan 25th 2008, 7:34 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
What? causes what in young men?
AnnaC,

Apols for-on reflection an irresponsible alarmist post.

I have no medic quals but what I i do have is first hand experience of what R did to my nephew(now22).When I hear the word R-it freaks me out.Suffice to say,had my sister not pulled my nephew off R-well I don't think he would be here today.From a very happy go lucky chaphe became very depressed-on the verge even.There is a corelation between this drug and Depression(extreme in some cases) affecting more young men than women acne sufferers.The link below explains.
Looking for an alternative treatment to R and those topical lotions which go onto your skin clear- but leave your white linen pillow cover a lovely shade of yellow in the morning(peroxide) we researched everything out there.

Diet: Lack of zinc can contribute to outbreaks.The second link touches on it and may well explain why more male than female sufferers ergo more males 'depressed' while on R.I am not trying to scaremonger in any way-read for yourself.
http://www.april.org.uk/pages/roaccutane.html
http://www.vegsoc.org/info/zinc.html-in partic 'Functions'

Products: Don't think its in AD but sure its in DXB. 'md' formulations Face & Body Scrub £26 for@200mls-great investment.No I don't work for them or have shares in them.
Bio Oil-stocked everywhere..Boots IBN TUT.had special on it not so long ago-great for scar tissue.

LaserTreatment also excellent at plumping out the collagen in scarred skin area thus reducing the pitting - its affordable here but expensive in UK and series of treatments required.

I agree entirely with Macscot and your point regarding Prescription/Doctr consultation.R scares me.You can tell a lot of peple who are on it by the redness of their face- its drying out the skin as well as imho(and many others) messing with their minds.

Hope you getting through the work and 'get out to play' soon
bfn
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
AnnaC,

Apols for-on reflection an irresponsible alarmist post.

I have no medic quals but what I i do have is first hand experience of what R did to my nephew(now22).When I hear the word R-it freaks me out.Suffice to say,had my sister not pulled my nephew off R-well I don't think he would be here today.From a very happy go lucky chaphe became very depressed-on the verge even.There is a corelation between this drug and Depression(extreme in some cases) affecting more young men than women acne sufferers.The link below explains.
Looking for an alternative treatment to R and those topical lotions which go onto your skin clear- but leave your white linen pillow cover a lovely shade of yellow in the morning(peroxide) we researched everything out there.

Diet: Lack of zinc can contribute to outbreaks.The second link touches on it and may well explain why more male than female sufferers ergo more males 'depressed' while on R.I am not trying to scaremonger in any way-read for yourself.
http://www.april.org.uk/pages/roaccutane.html
http://www.vegsoc.org/info/zinc.html-in partic 'Functions'

Products: Don't think its in AD but sure its in DXB. 'md' formulations Face & Body Scrub £26 for@200mls-great investment.No I don't work for them or have shares in them.
Bio Oil-stocked everywhere..Boots IBN TUT.had special on it not so long ago-great for scar tissue.

LaserTreatment also excellent at plumping out the collagen in scarred skin area thus reducing the pitting - its affordable here but expensive in UK and series of treatments required.

I agree entirely with Macscot and your point regarding Prescription/Doctr consultation.R scares me.You can tell a lot of peple who are on it by the redness of their face- its drying out the skin as well as imho(and many others) messing with their minds.

Hope you getting through the work and 'get out to play' soon

bfn
Hey Eva

Was alarmed as my baby (16 yr old) has been on it for about 6 weeks, so of course i am now in panic mode but i am glad to know of yr nephews case
and thank god he is ok.

How long was he on R?

Did his skin clear up using the other meds?

My babe has been on it around 6 weeks and i have not seen any changes and of course i have just burst into his room asking if lifes ok and are u happy and all that. he thinks i have gone mad?

Thanks for yr post. i hadnt heard from anyone re these side effects and i know there are lots of kids in AD on this medicine. I am sure parents would want to know of such alarming side effects but what really has pissed me off is that the doc did not meniton such worrying side effects at all. He just mentioned the very dry skin and lips

I am now gonna speak to the doc and see what else he can prescribe

Laser treatment i know can get rid of scarring but it wont stop the outbreaks

'md' formulations Face & Body Scrub £26 for@200mls-

IS this the full name as i can get someone to bring over for me if i cant get here

Thanks again Eva
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:42 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Eva

Thanks again Eva
That's the way forward !
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MacScot
That's the way forward !
saying that i have just spent the last 2 hours on google and there are so many sites re acne and the treatment and i have come across many many many good reviews on R.

Think the best way forward is let my babe be aware of the side effects and i will have to watch him closely

But am so glad eva told me re her nephew, otherwise?

Oh the joys of motherhood
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:32 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Eva

Was alarmed as my baby (16 yr old) has been on it for about 6 weeks, so of course i am now in panic mode but i am glad to know of yr nephews case
and thank god he is ok.

How long was he on R?

My babe has been on it around 6 weeks and i have not seen any changes and of course i have just burst into his room asking if lifes ok and are u happy and all that. he thinks i have gone mad?

Thanks for yr post. i hadnt heard from anyone re these side effects and i know there are lots of kids in AD on this medicine. I am sure parents would want to know of such alarming side effects but what really has pissed me off is that the doc did not meniton such worrying side effects at all. He just mentioned the very dry skin and lips

IS this the full name as i can get someone to bring over for me if i cant get here

Thanks again Eva

AnnaC,

My nephew took Roaccutain over a period of 10 months with the prescribed intervals(6 on 4weeks off?) even though it's recommended no repeat prescription(I later learned).

He uses the 'mdformulations' (face and body scrub,glycolic gel);always has Pumpkin seeds with his cereal though he barfs at em and drinks over 2 litres of water every day- he believes if he doesn't then pustles get worse;flushing the system suppose.His skin will never be perfect but I would say its a lot better than it was at your babe's age-and if he lays off his products seems to be worse.He feels above described is 'controlling'/managing it well and really- I would say its a very mild case of acne-so he's lucky!
You will be able to get 'md formulations' in say Harvey Nicks or Selfridges.Its an American product-have a look at www.martynmaxey.co.uk -tells you about stuff there.
I am amazed your Doc didn't mention side effects!!!!All you have to do is google Roaccutain+Depression and it's there.
Yes, good reports too-and I sincerely hope its good for your son.A full description of side effects etc -Netdoctor.com

Good luck with it all

Regards.
E.

Last edited by Eva; Jan 26th 2008 at 7:36 pm. Reason: Sp
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:17 am
Just Joined

farha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MacScot
By all means read the posts here (given in good faith) and the relevant websites highlighted, but please be careful about changing medication or accepting non-medical advice without first checking with your own doctor and being confident it is the correct thing to do.

I reiterate - you should always seek the advice of your doctor with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition, such as acne and the various treatment options available.
hey thanks for ur advice .I have been taking roaccutane for almost 2 months now but I have not seen any improvement on my skin .Insted of any improvement with my acne problem Iam getting more pimpls on my face .Its like rash on my face .I also have side effect like terrible dry lips,ittchy skin,blur vision,fast heartbeatand terrible headache .After taking of 2 months course i feel my skin s gone worse then before .I will never recommend any body this horrible medication .
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Eva
AnnaC,

My nephew took Roaccutain over a period of 10 months with the prescribed intervals(6 on 4weeks off?) even though it's recommended no repeat prescription(I later learned).

He uses the 'mdformulations' (face and body scrub,glycolic gel);always has Pumpkin seeds with his cereal though he barfs at em and drinks over 2 litres of water every day- he believes if he doesn't then pustles get worse;flushing the system suppose.His skin will never be perfect but I would say its a lot better than it was at your babe's age-and if he lays off his products seems to be worse.He feels above described is 'controlling'/managing it well and really- I would say its a very mild case of acne-so he's lucky!
You will be able to get 'md formulations' in say Harvey Nicks or Selfridges.Its an American product-have a look at www.martynmaxey.co.uk -tells you about stuff there.
I am amazed your Doc didn't mention side effects!!!!All you have to do is google Roaccutain+Depression and it's there.
Yes, good reports too-and I sincerely hope its good for your son.A full description of side effects etc -Netdoctor.com

Good luck with it all

Regards.
E.

Thanks Eva

The doc will hear my words loud and clear, that was so wreckless and irresponsible not to give me the full facts of these meds

AC
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by farha
hey thanks for ur advice .I have been taking roaccutane for almost 2 months now but I have not seen any improvement on my skin .Insted of any improvement with my acne problem Iam getting more pimpls on my face .Its like rash on my face .I also have side effect like terrible dry lips,ittchy skin,blur vision,fast heartbeatand terrible headache .After taking of 2 months course i feel my skin s gone worse then before .I will never recommend any body this horrible medication .
Oh farha

Am sorry to hear that u r having a horrible time

Go to the thread i started re treatment for Acne, some other alternatives have been given by our lovely members

Keep positive

AnnaC
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:25 am
Just Joined

farha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Eva

and thank god he is ok.

How long was he on R?

Thanks again Eva
please no body use roaccutane its got millions of side effects