Helicopter crash?

Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:06 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Helicopter crash?

I am listening to BBC Radio 4 as I work and on the hourly news they have just said that there has been a helicopter crash in Dubai with fatalities. On its way to or from an oil rig I think.

Nothing on Gulf news website yet though.

-
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:07 am
W10

Default Re: Helicopter crash?

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/General/10242468.html

Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

From Reuters...........

12:04 04Sep08 RTRS-UPDATE 1-Dubai helicopter crash kills 7, shuts oilfield
(Recasts with oil field suspension, adds details, quotes)
DUBAI, Sept 4 (Reuters) - A helicopter crashed into an oil
rig off the coast of Dubai on Wednesday killing all seven people
on board and forcing the closure of the Rashid oilfield, the
civil aviation authority and oil services company said.
The helicopter, which was travelling from Dubai's main
international airport to the oilfield around 70 kilometres off
the coast of Dubai, crashed onto the deck of the Maersk jack-up
drilling rig, they said.
"The aircraft then broke up and fell into the sea," Petrofac
<PFC.L>, the operater of Dubai government's offshore oilfields,
said in a statement.
"Immediately following the incident, a fire broke out on the
main deck of the drilling rig which was quickly contained and
extinguished... All operations on the Rashid field have been
suspended and the platform and drilling rig have been secured."
The helicopter was carrying an American, a Briton, a
Pakistani, a Filipino, a Venezuelan and two Indians, none of
whom survived, the civil aviation authority said.
The cause of the crash was not immediately known.
"The General Civil Aviation Authority of the United Arab
Emirates immediately set up an investigation team to find out
the cause of the aircraft crash," it said in a statement.
The United Arab Emirates, a seven-member federation
including the Gulf trade and tourism hub of Dubai, is the
world's fifth-largest oil exporter.
Over 90 percent of its oil is located in Abu Dhabi and Dubai
produces under 100,000 barrels per day, mostly from offshore
fields.
(Reporting by Lin Noueihed; editing by James Jukwey)
((Gulf newsroom, +971 4 391 8301,
[email protected]))
Keywords: DUBAI HELICOPTER/CRASH
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:31 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

So it appears to have been Petrofac employees. Hopefully none on this board were involved
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:45 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
So it appears to have been Petrofac employees. Hopefully none on this board were involved
2 people from the helicopter company. A friend works there.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice

Among the seven who perished in the tragedy was a Brit and a US citizen, a statement from the authority said, adding that a full investigation was underway. The others on board who died were two Indians, one Pakistani, one Filipino and one Venezuelan.
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/52996...-tragedy?ln=en
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:46 am
W10

I like the way they separated the Brit and the American from the rest of the nationalities...

Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I like the way they separated the Brit and the American from the rest of the nationalities...
stop point scoring.......

my mate works for DP who employ Petrofac, he has sent me the internal report

not good reading.....
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

a life is life, why do that and make it sound like the other nationalities are not as important, really annoys me. Some women around the world have lost a loved one, that is all that should count.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
stop point scoring.......

my mate works for DP who employ Petrofac, he has sent me the internal report

not good reading.....
having just read that article I can't see that anybody was separated. it mentions all the nationalities in the same sentence.

not like the big accident on SZR a few months ago where one arab woman said "there were people on the road and some labourers".
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:16 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Helicopter crash?

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
not like the big accident on SZR a few months ago where one arab woman said "there were people on the road and some labourers".
I shouldn't but.... Who gets that award then?

Pikeys and chavs, do they fall into the catagory of being human?