Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Having children in Dubai

Having children in Dubai

Old Apr 24th 2013, 2:39 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Having children in Dubai

Originally Posted by Scamp
Oh god. I've got years before I'll buy you a pint then mate. Lots o see and do before they're considered!
Don't wait too long, in retrospect I'd rather have done this in my 20's when I still had some energy and didn't need sleep.

( disclaimer: last remark has absolutely nothing at all to do with having a 2 year old alternate between screaming and giggling all night resulting in **** all sleep for his parents)
Old Apr 24th 2013, 4:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by shiva
Don't wait too long, in retrospect I'd rather have done this in my 20's when I still had some energy and didn't need sleep.

( disclaimer: last remark has absolutely nothing at all to do with having a 2 year old alternate between screaming and giggling all night resulting in **** all sleep for his parents)
It's difficult. Have them at 26/27 - you might cope better, but you're still a bit of a knobhead, but they'll be out the door by the time you're in your mid 40's.

Have them at 31/32 - you're a better human by then and they still disappear by the time you're 50.

Who knows. Everyone is different I guess.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
It's difficult. Have them at 26/27 - you might cope better, but you're still a bit of a knobhead, but they'll be out the door by the time you're in your mid 40's.

Have them at 31/32 - you're a better human by then and they still disappear by the time you're 50.

Who knows. Everyone is different I guess.
I am 32 and full of energy so I should be ok
Old Apr 24th 2013, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Go somewhere you can't take kids cos your not getting the chance agin for a decade. Or just lie in a lot because that's shits finished. Maybe take a long flight and realise flying will never be so easy ever again. Or just stay at home and take pictures because your house will be ****ed permanently soon so enjoy it while you can.
agreed, maybe thailand or malaysia
Old Apr 24th 2013, 5:55 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I had my daughter at Al Wasl, it was good enough for Princess Haya so it was good enough for me, no complaints and congratulations x
Old Apr 24th 2013, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I had my daughter at Al Wasl, it was good enough for Princess Haya so it was good enough for me, no complaints and congratulations x
Thanks BC
Old Apr 24th 2013, 9:43 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

There's something to be said about waiting until you're better able to provide for your children financially.

I wouldn't have wanted children in my 20s because I didn't own a property or have the income to provide them with the lifestyle I want them to have.

Now that I'm 30 and will be married in a few months, children are on the horizon. But spending my 20s as a workaholic means that my children, born in my 30s, will have a much better quality of life. If it means getting a nanny or au pair because the parents are too knackered, so be it.

Old Apr 24th 2013, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ethos83
There's something to be said about waiting until you're better able to provide for your children financially.

I wouldn't have wanted children in my 20s because I didn't own a property or have the income to provide them with the lifestyle I want them to have.

Now that I'm 30 and will be married in a few months, children are on the horizon. But spending my 20s as a workaholic means that my children, born in my 30s, will have a much better quality of life. If it means getting a nanny or au pair because the parents are too knackered, so be it.
agree Ethos
Old Apr 24th 2013, 10:30 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
agreed, maybe thailand or malaysia
http://www.somkietburi.com/

recommend this place in Thailand . Very nice resort at very reasonable prices . 5 minute walk to the beach . And having stayed there myself previously it does look exactly like it is in the pictures .
Old Apr 24th 2013, 10:31 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83

never a good time to have them though . It's still a nightmare no matter how much money you have.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 10:33 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
never a good time to have them though . It's still a nightmare no matter how much money you have.

A nightmare?

Seems that most people who have children do little but complain about them...
Old Apr 24th 2013, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Meow
A nightmare?

Seems that most people who have children do little but complain about them...
A nightmare yes , but ultimately the most worthwhile thing that you can ever do . I had my two 55 weeks apart which blew me away . Just as the 1st was starting to walk the 2nd was born .
Old Apr 24th 2013, 12:03 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

A nightmare yes , but ultimately the most worthwhile thing that you can ever do . I had my two 55 weeks apart which blew me away . Just as the 1st was starting to walk the 2nd was born .

I just think people should be more appreciative; or don't have them. For many they are optional.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Meow
I just think people should be more appreciative; or don't have them. For many they are optional.
you don't have children ?
Old Apr 24th 2013, 12:23 pm
Bored liberal

you don't have children ?
No.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.