Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Having children in Dubai

Having children in Dubai

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 7:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Having children in Dubai

Originally Posted by Meow
Now, can we help you with potential names? I think BE posters would be terrific at that!
What about Kenny (after Jackett)?
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 8:19 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

There are a number of white Zimbabweans who've been caught in this situation. They're of thoroughly British descent but because the parents were born out of the UK they couldn't pass along the automatic rights of citizenships and this affected the grandkids the most, leaving some people trapped with only a Zimbabwean passport issued by a country that doesn't want them anymore.

But that is an extreme example.

With the huge British presence in the Gulf and one that seems to be generating a multi-generational Gulf presence I imagine this issue may become a bit more problematic down the road, especially as the children start intermarrying people from other countries. If you think you'll be spending the majority of your life outside the UK and that there's a good chance your child may also do the same, it may be worthwhile to pop back home to have the birth for the long term peace of mind.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

What if and maybe. That's up to them and there's nothing you can do about it, so no point in worrying about it. Your child won't even be born for another six months.

Save your concerns for issues you can do something about.

Now, can we help you with potential names? I think BE posters would be terrific at that!
LOL.....
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ethos83
There are a number of white Zimbabweans who've been caught in this situation. They're of thoroughly British descent but because the parents were born out of the UK they couldn't pass along the automatic rights of citizenships and this affected the grandkids the most, leaving some people trapped with only a Zimbabwean passport issued by a country that doesn't want them anymore.

But that is an extreme example.

With the huge British presence in the Gulf and one that seems to be generating a multi-generational Gulf presence I imagine this issue may become a bit more problematic down the road, especially as the children start intermarrying people from other countries. If you think you'll be spending the majority of your life outside the UK and that there's a good chance your child may also do the same, it may be worthwhile to pop back home to have the birth for the long term peace of mind.
decisions decisions.... i might say f*** it, its down to them
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
decisions decisions.... i might say f*** it, its down to them
I can tell it is your first child. You are worrying about everything. Have you already bought your sterilizer?
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Millhouse;10672088]I can tell it is your first child. You are worrying about everything. Have you already bought your sterilizer? [/

No not yet Ha Ha...
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

What if and maybe. That's up to them and there's nothing you can do about it, so no point in worrying about it. Your child won't even be born for another six months.

Save your concerns for issues you can do something about.

rules may have changed 10 times by then.....
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

my children will be ok but should they have children outside the UK then they may not automatically receive british citizenship
yes but its only really a problem if the parents are not british, if you have british all the way down the line, they have to get that.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

So the wife and I have decided to go on a last couples holiday before the sprog arrives in October. Any amazing suggestions?? Bear in mind the holiday will be in summer, Seychelles and Mauritius are a no no (been there in the last year)
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

So the wife and I have decided to go on a last couples holiday before the sprog arrives in October. Any amazing suggestions?? Bear in mind the holiday will be in summer, Seychelles and Mauritius are a no no (been there in the last year)
We went to the IceHotel.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:31 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Go somewhere you can't take kids cos your not getting the chance agin for a decade. Or just lie in a lot because that's shits finished. Maybe take a long flight and realise flying will never be so easy ever again. Or just stay at home and take pictures because your house will be ****ed permanently soon so enjoy it while you can.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by shiva
Go somewhere you can't take kids cos your not getting the chance agin for a decade. Or just lie in a lot because that's shits finished. Maybe take a long flight and realise flying will never be so easy ever again. Or just stay at home and take pictures because your house will be ****ed permanently soon so enjoy it while you can.
You should ****ing kill yourself, kids sound miserable!
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm with Shiva mate.

Do me a favour and revive this thread 18months after your first child arrives. There's a pint of your choice in it if you haven't agreed with him.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:26 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Not at all mate they are absolutely amazing

Everything I wrote is still true though
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Brains1983
I'm with Shiva mate.

Do me a favour and revive this thread 18months after your first child arrives. There's a pint of your choice in it if you haven't agreed with him.
Oh god. I've got years before I'll buy you a pint then mate. Lots o see and do before they're considered!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.