British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Have you seen this in the home page? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/have-you-seen-home-page-820738/)

Irishbeekeeper Jan 8th 2014 1:52 pm

Re: Have you seen this in the home page?

Why do I get the 'google translate' feeling when I read that?
its uncanny!

soukie Jan 8th 2014 1:57 pm

OMG :rofl::rofl::rofl:

"The Arabian city is the hub of shopping centers, open air markets, recreational points and natural beauties. Beside this the blend of human architect in the sightseeing beauty of the city makes it more an appealing aspect to the viewers around the world."

blend of human architect???

Sandboy Jan 8th 2014 2:03 pm

to link in to an earlier thread - I could have written it in geordie and more people would have understood it

Irishbeekeeper Jan 8th 2014 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 11068802)

blend of human architect???

dont you know the pyramids were made by the aliens?

or

this is the city where human architects come to blend in...?

or

thats how you make an architect baby...?

the possibilities are limitless as is her ability to continue on and on with a sentence just by adding a few random words, of which there are such superfluous movements, just like the sands of time running through the streets, while throwing a shadow on the highway, of time, where time does not exist....hey! I think Ive got the hang of it now! :rofl:

Beakersful Jan 8th 2014 2:47 pm

I've gone back through a lot of her articles. They do look like machine translations at first, with a very common theme throughout. All the ones I read were adverts for the yacht cruises a company is selling.

Perhaps we may find out the writer 'herself' is nothing more than a virtual character.

OleJanx Jan 8th 2014 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Beakersful (Post 11068892)
I've gone back through a lot of her articles. They do look like machine translations at first, with a very common theme throughout. All the ones I read were adverts for the yacht cruises a company is selling.

Perhaps we may find out the writer 'herself' is nothing more than a virtual character.

To be fair, the name looks a bit made up, too.

shiva Jan 8th 2014 3:16 pm

Imaginary figure producing spun content as link bait for the yacht website in order to try and game googles algorithm for higher rankings. Shame that idea was busy about 3 years ago by google.

Kix Jan 8th 2014 4:58 pm

Google Image Search

And from one of the links:-

Posted 2013-12-18 14:33:58
Hi, I am moving to Dubainext month, can anybody tell me which is the nicest area to live in?
So, she's moving here in January, and knows everything about the place - does that remind you of anyone?

Sally Redux Jan 8th 2014 5:06 pm

I have noticed that the home page articles in general are now mostly ads and a load of rubbish.

Mr Weeze Jan 8th 2014 5:24 pm

I've always wondered what the front page actually does. I can't say I've ever clicked on an article, and it doesn't sound like I'm about to start.

Sally Redux Jan 8th 2014 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze (Post 11069166)
I've always wondered what the front page actually does. I can't say I've ever clicked on an article, and it doesn't sound like I'm about to start.

I didn't even know it was there for a long time.

It used to be mostly personal stories written by members.

Boomhauer Jan 8th 2014 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11068798)
Why do I get the 'google translate' feeling when I read that?
its uncanny!

:thumbup:

The Dean Jan 8th 2014 6:55 pm

OK......... I'm now following her on Twitter........ wonder if she ever reads these threads/posts.......... let's have some fun........... ;)

Beakersful Jan 9th 2014 5:57 am

So, we've got a member, who may not be real, who may not even live in the ME, being highlighted on the front page with a post that is nothing more than advertising masquerading as tourism writeup.

Jitendra Jan 10th 2014 5:47 am

Guys excuse me; it is a forum not for fun and criticizing. Your non professional attitude is reflecting your mentality indeed. If you cannot give positive feedback to motivate others than at least try to be respectful.